ideas.....

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

ideas.....

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

need some unbiest opinions, for a PF game
dull boat ride, pirats (what type), or something else (explain)?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Re: ideas.....

Unread post by Seneca »

Well each has its merits...

Dull boat ride gets your PC's into your story faster. So if time is an issue for your group, skip the boat ride.

Pirates can be fun. I'd heighten the drama. First have the pirates sighted sailing after the ship closing slowly. Then having a few close broadsides by ballista with grapnel ropes for boarding or fireballs from evil mages setting the sails/deck/rigging on fire. A few heavy hitters, like ogres, tossing fighters in metal armor overboard is always fun :twisted: Then there is always the question of why they are attacking. Rather than having that old chestnut of a hold full of valuable cargo, maybe the captain or a passenger has an artifact that leads to treasure or something.

Bad weather taking the ship to a uncharted island for a side adventure is a staple too...

Aquatic humanoids or stowaway monsters can be fun. Having a few shipmates disappear on night watch never to be seen again. This can lead to a monster hunt through the bowls of the ship for the beastie or a daring night raid by some slimy fish folk.
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”