The most powerful undead in Palladium Books

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DtMK
Hero

The most powerful undead in Palladium Books

Unread post by DtMK »

I was looking through my various books, and admittedly, the hordes of zombies from Dead Reign are dangerous, especially en masse. But I was thinking and wondering, what would be the most powerful undead in all of Palladium Books? The Undead Archmage or Lybokja from the Rifters? A Master Vampire? An Undead Immortal from Mystic China? Or maybe a Titan Juicer Murder-Wraith?

With video games like Left 4 Dead that have not only standard zombies but specialized ones, I thought of how the various undead like Abberations, Gravediggers, Ghouls, etc could add spice to one's game, especially for dramatic fights near the end of a chapter of a campaign. So what do you think? What would you say is the most powerful undead in PB? And what would you rank the other undead as?
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Re: The most powerful undead in Palladium Books

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Mummy Immortalus. Seeing as how they can have an OCC. So you could have a level 15 wizard, knight, etc.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

AzathothXy wrote:Mummy Immortalus. Seeing as how they can have an OCC. So you could have a level 15 wizard, knight, etc.

What book are these in please?
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I believe that Mummy Immortalus is in Monsters and Animals. The Lybokja are in Rifter #12, the Undead Archmage is in another Rifter, I forget which one but it's one of the last chapters of the Quest for Castlerake adventure. Then you have other varied undead in the PF book Land of Darkness 2: Eternal Torment, and also Rifts Dark Conversions covers those, as well as other zombies/Xombies. The Murder-Wraiths are in Juicer Uprising, which turns some non magical versions of Juicers into undead, which is a frightening thought when you have Hyperion or Titan Juicers as super soldier undead.

Then of course you have your various vampires in BtS 1 and Vampire Kingdoms, and the Strigoi variants in the now out of print Shadows of Light from Nightbane. There's another Rifter whose number escapes me that has an undead known as the Necro-Knight. Then of course the Undead Immortal in Mystic China, and there's even a high level necromantic ritual that will turn the one who did it into an undead if they are slain with half their P.P.E. cut in half, but still has their powers and all the benefits of being undead. Lastly, we have the Mega-Hero option of Undeath in Heroes Unlimited.

If I missed any, I'm sorry. Then of course, the variants for Dead Reign here and in the Rifter versions. Lastly, I can think of Death Demons in the Hades books, transforming mortals and even other supernatural creatures into undead demons! In my current game for DRRPG, I say that part of the process that contaminated Unisane/Altrucure is an extract from a Death Demon mass produced.

So, any other takers or thoughts? And if I missed any besides your standard mummy and zombie, please let us know. And what would you rank as the most potent undead in Palladium Books?
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Vampire Intelligence.
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

The Beast wrote:Vampire Intelligence.

That raises another good question. It has a lot of the same weaknesses as vampires, and in fact creates them. But is a Vampire Intelligence an actual undead itself? Or just a force that empowers and makes them?
The Beast

DtMK wrote:
The Beast wrote:Vampire Intelligence.

That raises another good question. It has a lot of the same weaknesses as vampires, and in fact creates them. But is a Vampire Intelligence an actual undead itself? Or just a force that empowers and makes them?

That is a good question.

EDIT: I'm gonna go through the books I own and find the ones that clearly say and/or I believe are undead.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

One of the South America books contains some very powerful undead wizards.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Captain Shiva wrote:One of the South America books contains some very powerful undead wizards.

South America 2.
The Nuclear Chaos
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

AzathothXy wrote:Mummy Immortalus. Seeing as how they can have an OCC. So you could have a level 15 wizard, knight, etc.

true, on the other hand, they are pretty vulnerable, especially once their linen is gone!
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Vidynn wrote:

true, on the other hand, they are pretty vulnerable, especially once their linen is gone!

Unless they were say a paladin and wore full plate armor.You would have to go through the armor first. Or Armor of Ithan/TK force field if a wizard/psychic.
Last edited by AzathothXy on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Nuclear Chaos
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I finally got my copy of Rifter #45. There are some interesting undead in there as well. Well, lesser and greater demons that resemble, or even CREATE zombies. And looking at Brulyx? If such higher beings are empowering or creating undead and are not undead themselves, then it's a shame because Brulyx looks like be could give Death of the Four Horsemen a run for his money!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

AzathothXy wrote:
Captain Shiva wrote:One of the South America books contains some very powerful undead wizards.

South America 2.
Yes...the Ellal, I believe.

They get more and more and more powerful, the longer they live....with no stated upper limit!!
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

DtMK wrote:I finally got my copy of Rifter #45. There are some interesting undead in there as well. Well, lesser and greater demons that resemble, or even CREATE zombies. And looking at Brulyx? If such higher beings are empowering or creating undead and are not undead themselves, then it's a shame because Brulyx looks like be could give Death of the Four Horsemen a run for his money!
Not really.

The Dead of "Dead Reign," while they are indeed interesting, are pretty sucky as Undead compared to anything else of their kind in the Palladium Universe.

They just happen to be awesome in this setting because there's no Magic or Psionics -and no MDC materials or weapons.
Last edited by cornholioprime on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
AzathothXy
Adventurer

cornholioprime wrote:
AzathothXy wrote:

South America 2.
Yes...the Ellal, I believe.

They get more and more and more powerful, the longer they live....with no stated upper limit!!

Upon further review(looking in the book, as opposed to going by memory), they are not the Ellal. but the Ancient R.C.C.
The Ellal are from South America 1, essentially possessed corpses, IIRC.
The Nuclear Chaos
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I think there was a Death Knight monsters in Rifter #14, "Beneath the Surface." I seem to recall that it was very potent, on par with a Master Vampire. A Mock Zombie could conceivably learn an O.C.C., but that isn't strictly allowed in the rules. Yeah, the Immortal Mummies are probably most potentially powerful.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

DtMK wrote:I finally got my copy of Rifter #45. There are some interesting undead in there as well. Well, lesser and greater demons that resemble, or even CREATE zombies. And looking at Brulyx? If such higher beings are empowering or creating undead and are not undead themselves, then it's a shame because Brulyx looks like be could give Death of the Four Horsemen a run for his money!

Dang ....

I knew I was forgetting something about this setting ..
I have the Rifter 40 signed by everyone sept the two Josh's ( and I am trying to rectify that :? )

But I dident know that rifter 45 had anything on DR in it heh . Just got my rifter 44 issue .. so now I have to head back out an grab this one up ...

My only question about the mighty Bru .. is ... HOW BAD @$$ DOES HE LOOK !!!! :( :( :( man I wish I had this issue now haha .
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I would describe him a looking more creepy rather than bad@$$. He's pictured mostly in shadow, but otherwise the picture matches his description very well. Anyone else?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Lord Z wrote:I would describe him a looking more creepy rather than bad@$$. He's pictured mostly in shadow, but otherwise the picture matches his description very well. Anyone else?

I was very happy with the way Brulyx, Gregius, and the Demon Cadre were rendered in the Rifter.

:ok:

Demon Cadre ?

So then Brulyx is in a kind of Dark Pantheon of his own creation or mearly part of the whole ?
The Beast

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Lord Z wrote:I would describe him a looking more creepy rather than bad@$$. He's pictured mostly in shadow, but otherwise the picture matches his description very well. Anyone else?

I was very happy with the way Brulyx, Gregius, and the Demon Cadre were rendered in the Rifter.

Demon Cadre ?

So then Brulyx is in a kind of Dark Pantheon of his own creation or mearly part of the whole ?

Brulyx has a selection of demon races that are sworn only to him. (Jigsaw Zombies, Necro Golems, Creeping Maws, and Organ Grinders)

And these are in a new Rifter?
The Beast

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
The Beast wrote:
Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Citizen Lazlo wrote:

Demon Cadre ?

Brulyx has a selection of demon races that are sworn only to him. (Jigsaw Zombies, Necro Golems, Creeping Maws, and Organ Grinders)

And these are in a new Rifter?

yes.

:)

And when will this Rifter be available? Just got #44 the same day I got Dead Reign, and that was around Xmas.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

It's out now.
The Nuclear Chaos

Return to “Dead Reign™”