New Rifts N-Gage game?

For talk about the award-winning videogame for Nokia's handheld device, the N-Gage!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kinock
D-Bee

New Rifts N-Gage game?

Unread post by kinock »

For those who want to play Rifts POP, I found this blurb in the rumor section of the new EGM magazine (January 09 issue # 236).

"For those of you who missed Rifts on N-Gage (i.e., everyone), you'll hopefully get another shot at this awesome license when it finds a new home in 2010"
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: New Rifts N-Gage game?

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Wonder if that is Project X?

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
LDMcFear™
Explorer

Unread post by LDMcFear™ »

Logan the Defiant wrote:You would know better than we would. I pray to God though that it if there is a new game coming out it is on a platform that is actually accessible and doesn't require buying a soon to be obsolete phone to play it on.

Like maybe even a computer! I don't know about you but those have been around for some time ;)
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Hopefully it'll be available on PC and/or Wii. I don't think it'll go over to well with my wife if I buy another machine just for 1 game.
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

The new n-gage system is a program and not a separate system. All the new and even some of the older Nokia phones can be ugraded with a simple "free" download. I have a Nokia N95 8GB awaiting the re-release of PoP on the new system. I've even badgered them with about 50 emails to date asking as to when it is coming back. :D
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Midnght
OLD ONE
Comment: I do things you only fantasize about.

Unread post by Midnght »

Logan the Defiant wrote:You would know better than we would. I pray to God though that it if there is a new game coming out it is on a platform that is actually accessible and doesn't require buying a soon to be obsolete phone to play it on.

Tsk tsk tsk.

Obsolete hee hee. That's a good one.
Nokias have been around for a while.
The Symbian Os has been since 98

The phone didn't become obsolete really. My old ngage still outperforms most cell phones today and it cost me nothing to buy and even at highest cost was only $100 and beat the pants off many a smart phone sold in the U.S.

Even today the latest Nokias with Symbian outperform phones allowed ot be sold in the U.S., look to overseas my friend.

Stevie jobs pushed a lot of hype for a crappy phone lacking many features. Androids promise of open source is laughable when google controls the android market and you can only obtain android java games by owning a G phone.

The new ngage platform is very smart.

It's not hardware based (which worked but was ultimately it's demise) now is software based.

And well lets see.

My n96 with 16 gbs of on board memory, and an 8 gb memory card, 5 megapixel camera, 3g capabale, lan capable, allows me to connect my cell phone to my laptop for wireless internet, is sim card based so any sim card based service provider I can still use my same phone.

Plays hmm
Symbian OS games and apps, Ngage system games and apps, Java games and apps..... Hell I can even install android in a second boot if I REALLY want to.

So obsolete naw just a stepping stone to a better way, with other trailing to catch up. Good thing for them most american consumers don't know a thing about what makes a good cell phone and just settle on the glitzie hype they're spoon fed. };>) Otherwise the american cell phone market would be a much different world.
Wolfen Silver Enclosed

Midnght
OLD ONE
Comment: I do things you only fantasize about.

Unread post by Midnght »

Well if backbone is redoing PoP it' snot on their website yet.

But they do have a new game slated for the ngage coming out some time which means they are working wiht the new platform.
That's promising.

http://www.backboneentertainment.com/pr ... .asp?ID=33
Wolfen Silver Enclosed

Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: With the right gems [a techno-wizard] can make a toaster that resurrects people!

Unread post by Mechanurgist »

If they were smart they'd release PoP on the new DSi (compatible with the DS Lite). That's a well-established platform with a huge userbase, the largest one among the consoles afaik.
New After the Bomb Adventure: Rendezvous in N'Yak
Old After the Bomb Adventure: Northern Lights
Kalidor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kalidor »

Nokia as a company isn't obsolete, they make great phones -- but the N-Gage was in the grave a year ago when this topic was started.

What we need is an Android ap that costs 10 bucks.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Really, what's stopping them from making it an Xbox Live Arcade game (other than licencing)?
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
The Beast

Hystrix wrote:Really, what's stopping them from making it an Xbox Live Arcade game (other than licencing)?

The fact I refuse to buy an Xbox.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

The Beast wrote:
Hystrix wrote:Really, what's stopping them from making it an Xbox Live Arcade game (other than licencing)?

Understood. But alot of people here do. What if it were realeased for the Xbox and PC
The Beast

Hystrix wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Understood. But alot of people here do. What if it were realeased for the Xbox and PC

Oh, well since you put it that way... :P

Seriously though, I'd consider buying it for the PC as long as Ubisoft doesn't make it. I've heard they're using an extremly oppressive form of anit-piracy protection (which isn't working anyway) that requires you to be logged into their servers the entire time you're playing their newwer games. While Steam is somewhat annoying, I could still play L4D while offline (installing it wouldn't have been possible though) while I was in Afghanistan.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

The Beast wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Oh, well since you put it that way... :P

Seriously though, I'd consider buying it for the PC as long as Ubisoft doesn't make it. I've heard they're using an extremly oppressive form of anit-piracy protection (which isn't working anyway) that requires you to be logged into their servers the entire time you're playing their newwer games. While Steam is somewhat annoying, I could still play L4D while offline (installing it wouldn't have been possible though) while I was in Afghanistan.

I totally understand, dude. On-line games suck for soldiers, especially during depoyments (though I did know guy who played WoW on a "local server").

Anyhoo, I hope they do something with this game, I heard it was actually playable, but the N-gage...well, I don't want to talk about that...
Kalidor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kalidor »

I wish these companies would get it through their heads that all these oppressive anti-piracy measures do is **** off and punish the paying customer by making the game they bought in good faith a chore to play.. meanwhile, the pirates are still enjoying cracked and DRM free games with no hassle and didn't even pay for it.

Piracy isn't killing game sales... this stupid crusade to penalize people who actually cared enough (at least the first time) to buy their product is, and will continue to do s.

Return to “Rifts® Promise of Power™”