Idea

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

londonbaz

Idea

Unread post by londonbaz »

Just asking the experienced contributors - what is the likely response for putting together a super team, or a group of NPCs with good background and adventure hooks and sending it in? Is this the sort of thing that the Rifter would publish?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Idea

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I think it has promise, but I don't know the chances of it getting published... I'm not pessimistic on them, I just don't know what they are.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
londonbaz

Thanks Mark

Anyone else have any ideas on it?
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

A while back they were actually encouraging that kind of submission. I remember a character and all her background got published. It was a HU hardware character. Anyone else remember that?
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I think it would be cool, but I would include a short back story about each character and a history of the team. Maybe some detail about their nemesis etc.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
londonbaz

The Galactus Kid wrote:I think it would be cool, but I would include a short back story about each character and a history of the team. Maybe some detail about their nemesis etc.

Thats the idea... will run some of it by you via PM at some point Gal
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I sure hope so. I love Heroes Unlimited, and very rarely get to play it. I feel the same way about Splicers. I love the customization that comes with Splicers, yet only one person in my gaming group wants to play it. I can't wait until his brother moves back from Phoenix so we can have a good group for Splicers.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

If done well, yes.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Slag

Unread post by Slag »

londonbaz wrote:Just asking the experienced contributors - what is the likely response for putting together a super team, or a group of NPCs with good background and adventure hooks and sending it in? Is this the sort of thing that the Rifter would publish?

I've seen ones like that.

Generally, though, they like original source material, OCCs, adventures, or supplemental material (new spells/skills/talents/weapons/etc.).
Fickt nicht mit der Raketemensch!

"I respect you. And unlike love, respect can't be bought" - Homer Simpson.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”