Playing Dead Reign UPDATE #7

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Josh Hilden wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:
Josh Hilden wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:Not much occurred last session...

Smoothed over some ruffled feathers when our thief/hacker botched his attempt at hacking their mainframe.

Managed to establish contact with the Denver region via satellite relay over the internet.

Plans are being made to head there and establish a possible escape plan to there.

Where are you at in relation to Denver?

Rockford, IL.

Only 957.65 miles away. :lol:

Gah!!

You still have to cross the great plains, almost no natural protection to speak off.

No Mountains, No Hills, and almost no water once you cross the Mississippi. And for the love of god stay away from Chicago and St. Louis.

:ok:

We are only 90 miles from Chicago.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Nxla666 wrote:
Josh Hilden wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:
Josh Hilden wrote:

Smoothed over some ruffled feathers when our thief/hacker botched his attempt at hacking their mainframe.

Managed to establish contact with the Denver region via satellite relay over the internet.

Plans are being made to head there and establish a possible escape plan to there.

Rockford, IL.

Gah!!

You still have to cross the great plains, almost no natural protection to speak off.

No Mountains, No Hills, and almost no water once you cross the Mississippi. And for the love of god stay away from Chicago and St. Louis.

Yes, but do you have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes and wearing sunglasses in the dark? :D

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:
Josh Hilden wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:
Josh Hilden wrote:

Rockford, IL.

Gah!!

Yes, but do you have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes and wearing sunglasses in the dark? :D

Yes to all but the cigs, we've been acquiring and using them as trade items. :lol:
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Rift Jumper wrote:Raid a bookstore. Go to the Humor section and find a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide. It was written by Max Brooks. It will help you more than you can imagine. While it doesn't take into account the thinkers, it will help you prep for a long haul across land to get where you are trying to go. Personally, I'd hole up and try to establish a stronger holdout. If there are closer suppert in the area, try to meet up with them, establish connections and trade. If at all possible, try to see if you can connect through sewers. Odds are there aren't many stenches lining there yet.

My character already has a copy of it, GM gave it to me as part of my starting gear. :lol:

That and as part of my starting gear I bought about a grand worth of "How to Books" covering everything from basic mechanics to emergency medical treatment.

As for sitting still, IRL we would, but this is a game so we are going out to establish connections and trade opportunities. :D

One of the things we have is manufacturing plants in Rockford, nearly every American model vehicle has parts made here including a large number of military vehicles.

Hell the plant my Dad used to work at made parts for the M1 Abrams and we have a branch of Sundstrands Areospace here so we have the power to establish ourselves as a major player in the rebuilding of the country.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Nxla666 wrote:
Rift Jumper wrote:Raid a bookstore. Go to the Humor section and find a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide. It was written by Max Brooks. It will help you more than you can imagine. While it doesn't take into account the thinkers, it will help you prep for a long haul across land to get where you are trying to go. Personally, I'd hole up and try to establish a stronger holdout. If there are closer suppert in the area, try to meet up with them, establish connections and trade. If at all possible, try to see if you can connect through sewers. Odds are there aren't many stenches lining there yet.

My character already has a copy of it, GM gave it to me as part of my starting gear. :lol:

That and as part of my starting gear I bought about a grand worth of "How to Books" covering everything from basic mechanics to emergency medical treatment.

As for sitting still, IRL we would, but this is a game so we are going out to establish connections and trade opportunities. :D

One of the things we have is manufacturing plants in Rockford, nearly every American model vehicle has parts made here including a large number of military vehicles.

Hell the plant my Dad used to work at made parts for the M1 Abrams and we have a branch of Sundstrands Areospace here so we have the power to establish ourselves as a major player in the rebuilding of the country.
You live up in Rockford? Rockford Il? Shoot, I use to live up there.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

In all honesty I would get my happy butt to a military compound due to the fact it has plenty of chow ( chow halls Stocked full ) the power to stop most if not all of the Zombies ( military hardwear ) as well as depending on which military base you go to has the APC's needed to make it across some of the Distances that no doubt would be covored with the infected . hell if you do it right garb right in riot gear an riot clothing you wouldent have to worry about being bitten at all . Only have to worry about is possibly gettin torn to peices by masses of Zombies heh

-Lenwen
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Time for another thrilling update...

Ok after a bit of a hiatus we played again and it was interesting...

Our vehicle got "upgraded", or should I say screwed over (the same as us), by our new friends. Very nearly ended in a gun fight, but managed to avoid that and got our vehicle fixed of what they did to it.

Left them and went to investigate our lead at a major tech and industry place, found it crawling with zombies (about a thousand).

When we got close enough to the place we saw several zombies torturing live people, so I think we found the lair of our Thinker. :-?

The zombies (by description) were flaying the victims with their teeth, so making a judgement call I went on top of the vehicle and started sniping the victims and zombies with my rifle, a few of the other PCs helped but our Cop couldn't bring herself to shoot the living people.

We made it in to the building after dropping about 120 zombies and zombies in the making.

Inside we find the journal of a survivor who was holed up in the building for a while, she was nice enough to give us a rough map of the building by indicating what areas were safe and not safe, or more precisely what areas had been sealed off and what areas have/had zombies. :)

Exploring the area we found a testing range for new full body armor suit, which we have put to use and a metric ton or so of 9mm and 7.62mm ammo which has made all of us happy.

Now we have to find the other stuff we came for and get out alive.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Rift Jumper wrote:And just how are you going to move a metric ton of ammo?

Slowly. :D

Actually we have a Cougar HE which can haul up to 16 tons of cargo so we arent too worried about a few thousand rounds of ammo causing it any trouble.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

but can you fit the total MASS of ammo on/in your vehicle?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:but can you fit the total MASS of ammo on/in your vehicle?

No, but we expect to go through an awful lot of it while clearing the area.

That and what we cant carry will be stashed for later pickup.
Nxla666
Champion

Re: Playing Dead Reign UPDATE #5

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Ok, we've played a few sessions since my last update (I have been a bit busy), and here's a brief rundown of whats happened since the last one.

Our group has run afoul of the shadow military force, though after witnessing them attack a U.S. Military unit we decided to get the hell out of the area anyway.

We get to our compound and find that it was attacked and sustained casualties so we are loading up and heading for Denver before the Army and the other guys destroy more of the city on us.

We have sustained one player and three important NPC casualties, our Doc (the PC) as well as our spare driver and the two fill-ins were killed.

The Cougar HE was heavily damaged and made almost unusable...

And thats roughly where we stand right now.
Nxla666
Champion

Re: Playing Dead Reign UPDATE #6

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Rift Jumper wrote:Is the Doc wounded or dead, how bad is the vehicle, and how far is the walk?

All are dead, the Doc got wounded (KOed with internal injuries) during our trek through the factory site where we found the special body armor and other toys.

I decided to send her back to the Compound (where we have another doctor) with the NPCs while the rest of us continued to check out the factory and they got caught in the crossfire of a Army vs Bad Guys throw down.

Took a couple hits (most critically blowing the rear door off) and injuring the driver with another hit which caused him to crash and the sounds of combat attracted all kinds of Zs to the area...

Needless to say my PC is feeling really crappy right about now, because it was my decision to deal with these jerk-offs in the first place, my decision to send them back without the rest of us.

But now he's looking for a whole lot of payback...
Nxla666
Champion

Re: Playing Dead Reign UPDATE #6

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Well...

We got out of Rockford and are now holed up in the middle of Nowhere Wisconsin.

Now you may ask "Why are you in Wisconsin when you were trying to get to Denver?"

Well I'll tell ya, Shadowy Military Organizations With A Grudge sure like to use large explosives...

We got attacked by a large scale armored force and had to bail from our compound as it was being blown apart, most of our people got killed or caught.

The party almost died a couple times due to Apache attack copters shooting at us, good dodge rolls combined with terrain made us harder to hit, on a good note our Exterminator managed to shoot down a couple of them with the twin .50 caliber BMG we "borrowed" from the SMOWAG.

So now we hide in the woods of WI (found a cabin) and try to decide what to do.......
Sir Blayse
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Playing Dead Reign UPDATE #7

Unread post by Sir Blayse »

this is really good, i missed getting #40, i'll have to pick this one up... this game sounds fun- i used to run similiar BtS games, but i didn't have these thinkers, i don't know exactly what they can do, but i have some ideas from what i've heard.

as for surviving against an Apache you must of been really lucky.
as for the APC mentioned, good not having one this things are super slow, a striker wouldn't be too bad, but your a long way from Washington state.

hope to see more updates on this... good luck
I ride for the poor, the sick, the ignorant, and the downtrodden. I fight for good and for the justice of those in need... And I will die with knowledge that I have done all I can and have no regrets!-Sir Blayse
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Re:

Unread post by Greyaxe »

bob the desolate one wrote:well we ran the dr side game asajosh was talking about and i loved it very cool i loved how asajosh ran it playing characters based on ourselves in a familiar location gave it a certain flavor.

That would be a very cool session. Maybe we should get Bray to do something like that.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”