Japanese vs. Chinese

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Peacebringer
Adventurer

Japanese vs. Chinese

Unread post by Peacebringer »

Using .gifs I found online, a greated a little army set for a conflict in the 60's/70's.

Japanese

http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/44495/ ... 464_rs.jpg

Chinese

http://aycu10.webshots.com/image/43649/ ... 652_rs.jpg
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Sorry to say this but the Japanese don't use US weapons. They Havn't since 1962 when they replaced the M-1919 with the Sumitomo NTK-62 Machine gun. In 1964 they Replaced the M-1 Garand with the Howa Type 64 Battle Rifle.

The only thing about their weapons is that the Type 62 uses a slightly (10%) downloaded 7.62X51mm Round as the average Japanese man at the time was quite small by American Standards.

As far as the Chinese go you are spot on for the time but remember the Chinese still have mountains of SKS rifles that they have yet to use.

Still it seems like a great premise as the Chinese are currently trying to get at oilfields that are claimed by Japan.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

Rockwolf66 wrote:Sorry to say this but the Japanese don't use US weapons. They Havn't since 1962 when they replaced the M-1919 with the Sumitomo NTK-62 Machine gun. In 1964 they Replaced the M-1 Garand with the Howa Type 64 Battle Rifle.

The only thing about their weapons is that the Type 62 uses a slightly (10%) downloaded 7.62X51mm Round as the average Japanese man at the time was quite small by American Standards.

As far as the Chinese go you are spot on for the time but remember the Chinese still have mountains of SKS rifles that they have yet to use.

Still it seems like a great premise as the Chinese are currently trying to get at oilfields that are claimed by Japan.

I don't have .gifs of Sumitomos or NTK's or SKS's. I only have what was provided on FAS and similiar websites.

Initially, the Japanese were going to fight giant robots with their 50's technology, but I thought that was far fetched. Then I aimed to make an Asian war based on East/West idealology.

I would like to include a naval element, but I don't have .gifs.

And if I can't .gif it, it doesn't exist.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”