In Your Universe (A BAON Game)

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I am allowing this to exist for now. I will be keeping an eye on it to make sure the "no conversion" rule is not violated.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Name: Dr. Anthony Salvadore
AKA: The Beast
Power class: natural genius

Anthony's tale is not your typical tale of woe.
as a child Anthony was... simply put... a bully. This did not change as he grew to manhood. He enjoyed inflicting pain in others so much so that he studied medicine not so he could help others but rather so he he could perfect his true chosen field... torture. He is a master of both the physical and mental techniques used in this field.

He now practices his craft for the criminal underworld. Subtly manipulating everyone around him (every one is a subject in his eyes) he has become the power behind the throne of one the most powerful cartels in the world.

He takes great enjoyment in warping the minds of so called "heroes" and will use elaborate schemes to reach his goals. Thwarting him will place a person on his short list of "special" subjects.

(meh this a 5 min brain storm but i thought it an interesting take on the name)
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Name: Beast
Power category: mutant experimentation

Henry was your typical rich kid. He was born January 6th, 2168 and lived in Hillcrest Valley subdivision in the fourth state of United states settlement Olympus mons quadrant, Mars. His family had lived there since the dome was established in 2060. Like every teenager of that era when he started playing football for his high school he went and got genetic augmentations to compliment his sports career. His parents were not happy with this or his use of their credit card for the procedure (it is quite costly) After many arguments and fights with his parents he moved out of his parents house at age 17.

Now having to work to support himself he had to give up his dream of playing professional ball back on earth. At age 18 he joined the United States Air Force. While serving there he signed up for more augmentations (Amendment 58 had legalized augmentation for soldiers in 2175 after it was proven the augmentations would not compromise the thinking capacity of the soldiers) to further make himself a valuable member of the USAF. He was transferred to the Santa Cruz base to help keep the peace after Argentina was recognized as the 52nd earth state of the union the previous year.(puerto rico became the 51st in 2079) After 6 years as a fighter pilot and rising to the rank of Major, he joined the astronaut program. After just two years as an astronaut he signed up for an experimental space program.

The program was to bend time and space to transport a vessel from earth to mars in a shorter time. Of course the true application would be to finally be able to leave the solar system (something NASA had still not achieved through countless failures) Henry left as scheduled but after entering the vortex found himself right back next to earth. Considering the mission a failure he reported back to the newly made launch site at wright-patterson air force base. When coming down to land he saw a city he had never seen before. (columbus had been destroyed in 2088 from foreign and domestic terrorism attacks) Becoming disoriented and confused he turned his craft from its path and crashed into the deer creek state park where he hid his spacecraft from being found.

Now as emerges from the park he seeks to understand where he is, how he went so far off course and why this planet looked like earth from space and not look like it on the ground.

righting reflex
brute strength
advanced hearing
nightvision
advanced smell
leaping feline
predator burst
defects
cat eyes
spotted cheetah like skin.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Name: Samantha Torres
Alias: Beast
Power Category: Hardware electrical

Samatha, daughter of a pair of early 80's hackers, is a girl on a mission. With both parents sitting pretty behind bars for computer crime, Samatha has honed her body and mind to become a vigillante known only, online as well as on the street, as Beast.
Samantha is aware that she is but flesh and blood in a game involving laser beams and super strength, so she remains a support for others, recruiting and hiring as necessary, only dirtying her hands when she feels she is able.
decked in body armour and a variety of electronic surveilance gadgets she puts her parent's modest fortune to good use while she prowls the streets at night.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Name: Slayer Beast
Category: Immortal: Monster/Demon

Slayer was born in the Pit and raised in the arena as a slave gladiatorial attraction until escaping into a randomly generated dimensional rift. Suddenly finding himself on the streets of New York City, he fights injustice as he sees it though must feed nightly on those he seeks to protect.
Slayer has Regeneration Ultima, natural horns and hooves and can See the Invisible.

Note: This idea has yet to be fleshed out, but this is what I had so far.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

This thread type/game is known as BAON, By ANy Other Name.
Thus I seriously suggest changin the thread title's name to something like the BAON Game or something(it's just a friendly suggestion, it's not like your thread will get eaten by Reg if you don't....)....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Name: Slayer Beast
Category: Immortal: Monster/Demon

Slayer was born in the Pit and raised in the arena as a slave gladiatorial attraction until escaping into a randomly generated dimensional rift. Suddenly finding himself on the streets of New York City, he fights injustice as he sees it though must feed nightly on those he seeks to protect.
Slayer has Regeneration Ultima, natural horns and hooves and can See the Invisible.

Note: This idea has yet to be fleshed out, but this is what I had so far.

Okay, I went ahead and worked out the specifics. This would be created under the Monster(Maga-Hero) type of Immortal.
Powers would be one major and two minors: Animal Abilities: Hoofed, Abnormal Energy Sense and Body Weapons. The Immortal power of the category would make Regeneration Ultima redundant, so forget that part.
Human clothes and disguises would be none, battle armor could either be none or 1d8 sets of ancient style armor, and the personal weapon could be aby save modern weapons or bow and arrow.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

This is like wine DC comics made Tangent comics where the writers can make All New Characters,just using existing names of DC and Marvel.

That what I think.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Actually, there are some names which are so generic that both Marvel and DC have characters by the same name. It is only when there are trademark and registration issues that it becomes a problem, such as for creating a series with a given title. For example, the name Scion has been used by multiple comics companies, as has the name Tarot. Superpatriot is a name used by both Marvel and Image. Hydroman existed as a comics character which disappeared before the appearance of Marvel's version, but as long as the name is not being used for something major ansd simultaneously, there are a lot of hero names which appear and then reappear. Names which no longer appear in comics which I use for my games are Yankee and Major Victory. But I digress...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:For the next one, how about Flash?

I like that. Seconded. :D
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Name: The Flash
Category: super invention

Description: Jacob wears bulletproof armor usually in battle (some times he just goes out in the black goggles and his gym clothes) and maybe a stun gun of some type. He is in his late 20's and stands a little over 6 ft tall. He has black hair and wears it in a 6 dollar style.

Gear: goggles 110 sdc ar 11
Power
Major: sonic flight
Minor: Increased durability Extraordinary strength

Jacob was recruited as the test pilot for a private agency(envision). His job was to push all the newly invented equipment to its limit and work out all the bugs. He really liked having a job where if he broke something having fun with it most of the time he wasn't liable. One day the building was broken into and most of the new stuff stolen. Then the company he worked for started seeing looked to be their designs used to pull off big budget crimes. Jacob was asked (with a big salary raise and a company credit card needed accessories for retrieval) if he could bring back the items as quickly and quietly as possible. After his first encounter with an experimental item the company felt it would be better if no one knew he worked for them in case it was found out who he was. Officially in tax records(or any other that people look for now) jacob williams is unemployed, living off his severance package.

Jacob uses the goggles for his own enjoyment as well as retrieving the stolen items. He doesn't actually want to be a hero but most of the time when trying to reacquire the items he comes off as somewhat clumsy but otherwise a hero.

Jacob earned his name after landing in the middle of a hostage negotiation where a man had gotten hold of Envision's metal dissolving sonic wave generator and was attempting to rob a bank with it. Jacob flew through the bank glass doors smashing into the robber, sending him into flying into a wall, knocking him unconscious and breaking a few of his bones as well as some bank displays. After he grabbed the generator he left in such a hurry that if caused a sonic boom on the street. That and the speed with which he left caused the general public to begin calling him the flash.
Last edited by Larsen on Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
Snowtiger
Adventurer

Unread post by Snowtiger »

Name: Flash
Category: Mutant

Description: In his human form, Angelo is an extremely handsome young man of Latino-American origin, with dark eyes and long, dark hair he usually wears free. In his electric form he is a humanoid being of bluish-white electric energy that closely resembles his human form.

Powers:
Major: APS: Electricity(HU2)
Minor: Line Transit(PU3), Physical Perfection(PU1).

Angelo Darius became the being known as Flash, after being caught in an accident at the power plant he was working in. The jolt of high-voltage electricity caused his latent mutant gene to activate, instead of instantly killing him. He woke up in a hospital after a week in a comatose state. Taking his first look into a mirror after the accident left him dumbstruck, he no longer looked like the average Latino-American youngster, with an acne-infested face and wiry, almost sickly build. Instead the face in the mirror was flawlessly handsome, with perfect olive complexion, and his build had changed into chiseled, well-defined and healthy.

A few days after his awakening, Angelo was released from the hospital. A few days after that, his home was broken into. There were three street thugs, one of which held him at knifepoint, while the two others ransacked his apartment, looking for his valuables. Although Angelo was scared at first, the tension of being held against his will, while his belongings were destroyed and robbed, sparked an intense feeling anger inside him. The building anger and hatred towards the thugs manifested in a violent transformation into a being of pure electrical energy. The initial surge of electricity blew the thug holding him back trough the drywall between his kitchen and the living room. Roaring in anger, Angelo blasted the two remaining thugs with electric rays lashing out from his eyes.

As his rage soothed, he realized what he had done, the three thugs were dead, with severe electrical burns on their bodies. It was then he decided that he would not use his powers in anger again. Using his lesser powers again, he sparked an electrical fire to cover his tracks and fled the scene, taking along most of his clothes and belongings. When the fire brigade arrived, he was already long gone.

After a few weeks, there were rumors of an electric being hunting criminals in the streets. The being always fled the scene before the police arrived. The culprits of the crimes were usually stunned with minor electrical burns and tied up using electrical wiring that was already available at the crime-scene.
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Name: Flashlight
Category: Immortal: Ghostly spirit
Alexander Scrooge is a ghost who committed so many heinous acts in life, he must walk the earth atoning for those sins by helping people. To guide his way, Alexander carries a lantern which shoots forth blinging light.
Powers: One major and psionics: Blinding Teleport (see New Powers thread).
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:I am allowing this to exist for now. I will be keeping an eye on it to make sure the "no conversion" rule is not violated.

Wow, I'm surprised to come back and see that the old BAON concept is still getting attention. Can't believe it's been over 2 years since my little campaign experiment. :D

I'll keep an eye on this thread too... but so I can play starting with the next name thrown out there. ;)
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Glitterboy Pilot wrote:Why wouldn't you be able to start with this name? I will be posting one as soon as I come up with something.

Most of the ideas I had when looking at the name have already been taken. :)

Glitterboy Pilot wrote:By the way do I send my vote to the thread maker or just post it here?

I'd say post it here.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Name: Huey Fleish
Codename: Flash
Category: Mutant

History: Huey was born into a loving family that, though initially bewildered by their platinum haired son was nontheless loved and coddled by his seven older sisters. Ever the showman, Huey (Hubert) developed his love of drama and the stage into a modest act as a travelling entertainer and stage magician, adopting the nom-de-guere of 'The Flash'.
Huey is an unashamed self indulgent showman who gets a kick out of foiling crimes very much in a 'murder she wrote' fashion, and is very big in many counties of his native southern California.
Huey is a mutant, but a subtle one at that. (physical perfection, X-MA, personal recognition (PU3) sleepless ness and longlevity. Mutations: platinum/white hair double jointed). He 'Knows' he is special, but his powers don't lend themselves towards anything really unnusual.
As the Flash, He will solve crimes (and occasionally fight crime) dressed in his stage outfit, essentially a red Tuxedo, but with elbow length padded gloves which hold a numberof inexpensive stage props (exploding caps, mini flash bombs) and fights with a walking cane if necessary (though shies away from top hats)

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

bump.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

don't know if i qualify, but Ghost Rider. seems like it could be used in some neat ways...
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Name: PFC James Carter
Alias: Subject 17. G-R1/D3R. Ghost Rider

Power category: Robotics

Blurb to draw the reader's interest: Rottting in Military confinement for an unjust Charge, PFC James carterfound himself suffereing another cruel joke of fate. Cancer was eating away at his body slowly and teadilly.

His one way out, the GR1 Project, Having his brain removed and placed into a storage unit so he can trasfer consciousness to autonomous drones. While it sounded horrific, it was his means out of the confinement of his cell, and confinement of his failing body.

8 months later..... James has been on the run for over 3 months. He has absconded with the toys provided (plus what he could steal)

1x robot body: the combat unit, designed for stealth, resembles a skelebot design. sleeek and thin, designed more for speed and stealth than heavy hitting power.
1x back up body: this humanoform body allows him to pass as human, although not as his old self. it is a bare bones frame only design with human like skin over arms face and head.
1 x storage unit: This unit is a little bit smaller than a beer keg, and holds his brain and the transference unit

1 X Robo stallion: this mechanical horse (the skin is gone, making it appear as a black steel armature model of a horse, has a cargo hold designed to hold the storage unit, and comes equipped with advanced senses and some ranged support weaponry and a relatively dumb, back up AI.

Dressing his skelebot like body in an old rain slicker with hood, James is now known in whispered tones as 'the ghost rider'.

Batts
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

a work in progress:

quentin sage, aka the ghost rider

early in his life, quentin sage was chosen to be a hunter of the strange and unusual by the heroic god, Anansi. at the age of 13, he was subjected to an arcane ritual that permanently fused his astral self to his physical self. the results of this unusual process were both positive and negative: from that day forward, his spirit would be unable to leave his body, thus making him physically unable to die until he and Anansi agree that he should pass on, as well as being able to see supernatural events around him through both his astral eyes and physical eyes at once. he was also branded with the mystical sigil of the great weaver spider. this granted him the ability to project and weave mystical webs to better catch his prey, the ability to mystically command anything caught in his web, and the ability to alter his appearance to assume any nationality.

early in his career, just prior to the age of the automobile, he discovered that an effective way to get from one place to another is to lash together a cluster of ghosts and ride them through the air. an intrepid reporter saw this at work when quentin rescued her from a gang of ne'er-do-wells that wanted more than just a scoop, and after that, the papers began to refer to him as "the ghost rider," a more reader-friendly name than "Anansi's exalted hunter of spirits."

power category: human immortal

appearance: in his natural form, quentin appears to be a healthy, if somewhat wiry, black man in his mid-twenties. he can alter his appearance to appear as any other ethnicity, but he cannot mimic any particular person; each specific ethnicity is always the same.

costume: when on a mission, quentin wears a black and grey unitard with white webbing patterns on the arms and chest. he wears a simple domino mask and usually uses his normal appearance, due to the fact that he can just take on a different form when out of the mask.

powers(3 majors, 1 minor): zombie flesh, ectoplasmic webbing, control others(only usable on creatures or spirits already caught in his web), and supervision: paranormal vision
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Since there are multiple variants of the name already in comics, I am taking my time to stry away from the more common ones but should have something soon. :-D I am probably going to go with a superinvention character, though. Tentative name: Basil Wrath, AKA Ghost Raider.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Dumb Dwarf wrote:Well, I am definitely lacking in inspiration for Ghost Rider, so I will just go ahead and vote.

Znbrtn

"he discovered that an effective way to get from one place to another is to lash together a cluster of ghosts and ride them through the air."

Awesome mental image.

DD

that was actually the original inspiration for the entire character; everything else grew from that image.
he was originally going to be a skinny scottish guy or something, but once i got the anansi idea stuck in my head, i had to go with it. only problem is, it's very difficult to justify a scotsman working for a western african folk hero.
it worked out pretty well, though, because when i made him black in my mind, everything just kind of clicked.
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

So far I'm voting for chance handler. However after stone finishes his I might vote for him depending. I liked his last incarnation.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Since there are multiple variants of the name already in comics, I am taking my time to stry away from the more common ones but should have something soon. :-D I am probably going to go with a superinvention character, though. Tentative name: Basil Wrath, AKA Ghost Raider.

Name: Ghost Raider
Category: Super-Invention
Chosen Operator/Test Pilot, working freelance in good standing
Sponsor: Secrey organization, motive being espionage
Gun style one-of-a-kind weapon with all powers at 5th level, one major and three minors: Darknesws Control, No Face- No Identity, Doorway and Energy Expulsion: Shadow Bolt
Repairs must be performed by someone with Weapons Engineer, Mechanical Engineer and Electrical Engineer

Selected to be part of a secret project of an organization trading in government secrets, Basil found himself testing a top secret weapon, a shadow rift generator able to allow him to gain access to areas he would normally not gain access to. The project was scrapped after being deemed too risky due to the creatures encountered in the shadows, and so Basil was allowed to keep the prototype in exchange for doing a set number of freelance missions. He now works as an information broker and an unwitting hero when finding himself in situations where his unique abilities might save the day.
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Vote changed to for stone gargoyle.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

How I could have missed this. Here my take on....Spiderman(hey its magic we don't have to explain it! Kill me now please....)
Spider Men Family
Members:
Spiderman: Professor Benjamin O'Reilly
Power Category: Experiment
Side Effect: odd skin texture, he look like he is covered by silver like webs marking
Powers: Create Force Field( apeear like its made of silver webs), Tractor Beam(in form of a web cone or cylinder), Impact Resistance(force field only), Energy Resistance(force field only)

Spiderwoman: Jean Marie Holmes-O'Reilly
Side effect: Chemica Resistance
Powers: Venomous Attack Major, Enhanced Leaping, SV: Advanced Sight, Claws

Spidergirl: Gwen O'Reilly
Power Category: Mutant
Mutant trait: picht balkc pupiless eyes, Fangs
Powers Grow wiht experience and age: Control Insect and Arachnids, Grant Super powers(special only to her spider friends, ie she can make fire breathign spiders, giant spiders and so on)

Black Widow: Anita Vargas
Experiment Side Effect: Duo-Tonal Skin, dark brown(almost coal black), with white markings on her back)
Powers: Life Leech(she coudl use to recharge IPS too)
Psionic Powers: Telepathy, Telekinetic Leaping, Telekinesis, Emapthy, Mind Block

Tarantula: Tom "Flesh" Tompson
Side Effect: Must physical Trasnform(half spider, half human giant humanoid, hard to even tell the gender)
Powers: Multiple Limbs(Arms and Hand), Multiple Limbs(legs), SH PS, Adhesion, Circular Vision
Mega Hero Power: Tremendous SDC
Achilles Heel: Vulnerable to Sound

Story: The Professor O'Reilly was running a dangerous experiment with pentadimensional harmonix, the purpose transmitting a living being, in this case a spider, trough the interdimensional web of the universe into another location. He had attempted with solid objects with relative success and was sure nothighn could go wrong. For the event he invited his girlfriend and sponsor Marie Holmes , his most brilliant student Anita and his best friend since childhood Tom, the people who were more important in his life. Too bad things did not go as planned. The experiment was sabotaged , the machien exploded. And when the emerged form the ruin of O'reilly's laboratory he and his friends were no more completely human.
They eventually discovered the saboteur, the mysterious international terrorist known as Devil, who sought O'Reilly knowledge to build devasting mass destruction weapons. Working together the newborn Spider Men managed to defeate the cruel psychopath and start a carrer of adventure, action and marriage. Marriage that lead the birth of new member of the family, the young Spidergirl.
Who know what wait next...
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

The Baron of chaos wrote:How I could have missed this. Here my take on....Spiderman(hey its magic we don't have to explain it! Kill me now please....)
Spider Men Family
Members:
Spiderman: Professor Benjamin O'Reilly
Side Effect: odd skin texture, he look like he is covered by silver like webs marking
Powers: Create Force Field( apeear like its made of silver webs), Tractor Beam(in form of a web cone or cylinder), Impact Resistance(force field only), Energy Resistance(force field only)

Spiderwoman: Jean Marie Holmes-O'Reilly
Side effect: Chemica Resistance
Powers: Venomous Attack Major, Enhanced Leaping, SV: Advanced Sight, Claws

Spidergirl: Gwen O'Reilly
Power Category: Mutant
Mutant trait: picht balkc pupiless eyes, Fangs
Powers Grow wiht experience and age: Control Insect and Arachnids, Grant Super powers(special only to her spider friends, ie she can make fire breathign spiders, giant spiders and so on)

Black Widow: Anita Vargas
Experiment Side Effect: Duo-Tonal Skin, dark brown(almost coal black), with white markings on her back)
Powers: Life Leech(she coudl use to recharge IPS too)
Psionic Powers: Telepathy, Telekinetic Leaping, Telekinesis, Emapthy, Mind Block

Tarantula: Tom "Flesh" Tompson
Side Effect: Must physical Trasnform(half spider, half human giant humanoid, hard to even tell the gender)
Powers: Multiple Limbs(Arms and Hand), Multiple Limbs(legs), SH PS, Adhesion, Circular Vision
Mega Hero Power: Tremendous SDC
Achilles Heel: Vulnerable to Sound

Story: The Professor O'Reilly was running a dangerous experiment with pentadimensional harmonix, the purpose transmitting a living being, in this case a spider, trough the interdimensional web of the universe into another location. He had attempted with solid objects with relative success and was sure nothighn could go wrong. For the event he invited his girlfriend and sponsor Marie Holmes , his most brilliant student Anita and his best friend since childhood Tom, the people who were more important in his life. Too bad things did not go as planned. The experiment was sabotaged , the machien exploded. And when the emerged form the ruin of O'reilly's laboratory he and his friends were no more completely human.
They eventually discovered the saboteur, the mysterious international terrorist known as Devil, who sought O'Reilly knowledge to build devasting mass destruction weapons. Working together the newborn Spider Men managed to defeate the cruel psychopath and start a carrer of adventure, action and marriage. Marriage that lead the birth of new member of the family, the young Spidergirl.
Who know what wait next...

Thats all cool and all but you have to do a spin on the name chosen. Right now its ghost rider.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Really? Damn i've to learn to read thing ENTIRELY and not just some part fo them(I should do with Threads, books and letter). Now I understand why such many beasts...
Ok Let's keep the previous thread for when Spiderman will arise again.

Ghost Rider
Name: Mike Kroeger
Power Category: Super Technology User - Cyber Helmet Model-Ghost (200 SDC AR 14) A skull shaped helmed with four glowing orbs orbiting 3 inche formthe helmete when in function.
Powers: Intangibility(Semi-digitized form), Create Force Constructs(Solid Holographic Constructs. He does not have the usual Limits of the power, but i have to program anythign he want to use in combat, Thats means he could create a gryphon but he have to program it), Line Transit(Is time to ride the electronic freeway!!), Frequency Absorption all at level 5th(the Create Force construct power main SDc is equal to 5+3d6x10 SDC
The helmet is equipped with a built in hacking computer with universal wireless headjack , nightvision googles, and H.U.D .

Mike Kroege was a young and very talented hacker, who even cracked FBI database(a task that in fiction seem a damn easy task, I noticed), and who run hi8s time browsin the net with the nickname "The rider" . This of course till his old time friend , Daniel, had invovled him in a quit obscure affair. But Danny was one of his most trusted friend and was a simple job, just hack inot a building security system. What he did not know what that his friend collaborate in robbing a super secret governement research laboratory of a an advanced weapon, the Generator Holo Object Solid Tuner(G.H.O.S.T) helmet, the next step in cybernetic warfare. Sadly , Daniel grow greed and cheate his partners in crim, who took this not so lightyl. Deadly wounded he crawled at the door of his Friend Mike, for help and to advice him that he was on the "to die" list . Dying he told him to wear the helmet. That Day the Ghost rider was born.
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

bump.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Name: Iron Man
Assumed Alias: Jeremy Iron
Category: Robotics

Created as a realistic android complete with artificial skin, hair, realistic eyes and and musculature, as well as blood system, "Jeremy" was created as an advanced spy and operative for the government black ops. He soon exceeded his programming, rebelling against his creators and the government agency utilizing him. Now an escaped piece of hardware, he tries to blend in with the environment until extreme circumstances force him to reveal his true nature whenever innocents are oppressed.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Glitterboy Pilot wrote:Name: Code Name: Iron Man
Category: Supersoldier

Jaime Carson was sitting in federal prison for life until one day he was given the chance of a lifetime. If he volunteered for a experimental program he would be released from prison on parole, possibly get to travel the world, and get paid an annual salary of $100,000 a year. Only later did he find out the catch was that the experiment could kill him and he would have an explosive device implanted in his brain if the experiment did succeed.

After he came to he was tested and it was discovered that not only did he possess heightened reflexes, agility, and senses, but he also had a very unusual side effect where his body could generate steel from thing air for a variety of uses. This along with the iron will that had served him helpfully in his past profession of illegally selling anything and everything to the highest bidder, convinced his new supervisors that they had made a good canidate selection.

After many failures on the part of the organization to recreate another one of him, Jaime was given a choice. He could become the (quite literally) shining beacon of hope for lower detroit as one of their new city guardians on loan from the military or he could remain on base and watch his paychecks pile up while not being able to go out and spend them.

Jaime was given a Rocket motorcycle, several sets of an black costume to hide his identity should his steel power fail, and a solar powered energy rifle for emergencies.

Jaime has recently noticed however that his old pal doctor Stevens is back on the money and may only be months away from perfecting the augmentations that gave jaime his new found abilities. When that happens Jaime might become obsolete to the military. Now a unliked but unique convict the military has use for has a future but an obsolete unliked convict that can be easily replaced does not. But if he tries to go awol the explosive in his brain will definitely be detonated.
abilities?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

One vote for stone gargoyle.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Name: Carl Roedecker
Alias: Iron Man
Category: Psychic

Carl Roedecker was born of healthy body, but enfeebled mind. a social reject and high school dropout he could have become highly violent and unstable if not for the attention of his japanese foster father and his 'unorthodox' meditation techniques. As a young adult, he drifted from job to job until settling as a junkyard caretaker.
It was in his 24th year, during a meditation session that his mind unlocked itself.
Carl's mental awakening has rised him to competant, but by no means extraordinary, intelligence as well as unleashing a host of techno-psionics. Dressing in old motorcycle leathers, with overlapping metal plates (remeniscent of his foster father's beloved Samurai) he ventures forth as 'Iron man' righting wrongs in his beloved slumtown area.
Powers: Apart from telemechanics and electrokinesis, he has a smattering of psi mechanic powers (refer to BTS2nd ed) and some simple Telekenetic enhancements (TK punch, TK leap) and what he calls his 'Genshin Combat trance' (combat trance? sensitive psionic power)

His armour is home made and offers little more protection than studded leather. He carries no real weapons (he doesn't know how to use them thankfully he has HTH expert) but will carry little home made gadgets, from mundane caltrops, to a digital camera. he lacks real technical expertise, though he is endeavouring to better himself no that he is 'as smart as normal folk'.

Batts
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Name: Bio-Unit Combatant Y-500"Bucky"
Alias: The Iron Man
Category: Alien Experiment

During the night of 1956 a meteorite rain passed close to earth A small meteorite fell in kansas,. But the meterorite was not a meteorite at all. Was an alien humanoid android, an experimental battle droid who was lost during a transmission to the battlefield. The droid memoriless was found by old con man Roger Stevens who thought it could use him to get rich soon. Pretending to be his "Captain" Roger lead what he dubbed "bucky" and what opeople called "the Iron Man" to operate campaign of theft and robberies all around the USA. This unitil Roger got an heart stroke. He tried to order Bucky to help him, but the android simply don't know what to do, he was build for commando operations with no medical knowledge at all. Before Stevens could tell him to bring to an hospital he died. And the Iron Man remained there, in the same room till someone spotted their refuge . Once foudn out what happened the USA military head thought they could make better use of the iron man than the con man, after all an almost unstoppable soldier is always welcome.
Over the years the Iron Man walked secretely in allt he most important battlefields, acting as ace up the sleeves of American Army, This until recent years , when he first meet others like him, the superheores, and started to develope a more pornouinced sel awareness. So he keep on going doing what he was made for, but now he is doing by his own choice and for reasons he do understand not because someone ordered him to do.
Type: Alien Humanoid Robot from Abrasive Atmosphere
Experiment Side Effect: Need Energy for Nourishment- He like electricity
Powers:Massive Damage Capacity, Alter Limbs(Favored forms include A chainsaw arm and Gatiling Gun arm), SH PS
Special Equipment: He does not have equipment , rather he does have some special cybernetic systme integrated in his body. These include Multi-Optic eyes, Language Translator, and rocket Jetpack. Minilaser build in middle of forehead
Description: Quite imposing and large humanoid robot, style seem old fashioned(some say he remeber Klatu) with a large rocket jet pack. After years of working for USA he tend to wear a Military Jumpsuit all the times.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Just to get it out of the way: Spider-Man :D
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

Patrick Peterson was one of those basically good people who could never seem to do the right thing; every time he found himself in a good situation, he managed to botch it in the worst possible way. Finally, it got BAD in the worst way, and he was sent to jail for life, with no possibility of parole, in an Ultra-Max facility in international waters (where pesky things like the 'Genva Convention' and 'Constitution' wouldn't apply to the inmates).

Once he was there, it took him about five seconds to decide that he wouldn't last the term given him, and set about trying to find a way off. One of the 'doctors' appointed to the facility heard about his efforts, and after reviewing his file, made Pat his assitant in 'experimental crossdimensional viewers'. Things continued on in this fashion for several years, with Pat being 'out of sight, out of mind' for most of the poopulation, when they FINALLY had a breakthough. Literally. A being forced its way through the 'hole' (actually a technologically produced Rift) they had made, and killed the scientist. Pat hurled himself at the critter, throwing them through a series of power lines and several crates unstable chemicals used to make the 'hole'.

The resulting explosion destroyed the lab, the creature, and the body of the scientist. It also short circuited all the surveilance equipment in the lab, leading the guards to think Pat had killed the scientist. Pat awoke, feeling rather woozy, and with dozens of guns pointed at his head. He was shackled, put in a staight jacket, and dumped in 'solitary' comfinement for the next several months (an open air vertical tube, several hundred feet tall). During this little incarceration, he manifested his new powers, and used them to great effect in his escape.

(Bareley) Managing to get back to the mainland, he set about finding those who had committed the crimes he had been imprisined for, and tore a violent swath through the criminal ranks.

Mutant: One major and three minor powers
Major: Cloaking
Minors: Gravitational Plane, Resin, and Superhuman Strength
Mutant Oddities: Thick, short fur all over his body, pitch black and very stiff and coarse(like spider hairs); birdlike talons on his fingers, and ambidextrous.

He got out of the tube by using his resin powers to make a crude 'boat' with oars, climbing the side of the tube and down the other side, and rowing like he stole fire from the gods. He nearly died of starvation and dehydration on his journey, and had lost almost a third of his body weight, but managed to survive. If he brings his framers to justice, he will most likely simply fade away into the night, staking a small 'kingdom' in the backalleys of a city, exchanging protection for food with the local homeless people.

My bandwith is almost up. In case I win before I can pay for the next months dosage, I nominate Doctor Doom as the next candidate. LONG LIVE LATVERIA! DEATH TO RICHARDS!
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
The Baron of chaos
Champion

I've alreayd posted mine :P
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Name: #41.
Alias: Ford De-Juan, Spiderman.
Power Category: Special Training: superspy

#41 was trained in the John Templar Monastery for use as a private cover operative for the Octogon organisation, a criminal Outsourcing conglomerate based in Spain. After an Interpol raid in 2004, 41 escaped in a 4WD vehicle with agents 13 and 22.

Since then he has made his living doing what he has been trained to do from birth. Espionage. But living a civillian life has softened him considerably, gaining much more personal satisfaction from good works than from espionage. He works, as a cover, as a television repairman by day, but By night he adopts the moniker given to him by his fellow agents, a moniker gained form his love of wireworks and rapelling. Spider Man!

As Spider man, 41 utilses a number of specialty gizmos, most notably,
* All black outfit, supplemmented by a black longcoat crisscrossed with spider web patterns. (and a small amount of kevlar)
* Compressed air dart launcher on the left wrist.(usually with an incapacitating poison)
* Tazer on right wrist
* Bugs, often in the shape of a spider
* Rapelling harness and web belt, with a number of climbing hooks, and a manriki-Gusara (His specialty weapon)

Batts
Snowtiger
Adventurer

Unread post by Snowtiger »

Iczer wrote:and a manriki-Gusara (His specialty weapon)

I assume you mean a Manriki Kusari, which is a weighted chain weapon... :)
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Snowtiger wrote:
Iczer wrote:and a manriki-Gusara (His specialty weapon)

I assume you mean a Manriki Kusari, which is a weighted chain weapon... :)

Both are chain and blade/sickle weapons used by ninja. Usually the specific type of manriki is determined by the type of bladed weapon the chain is attached to and the placement of the chain.i There were actually as many variations as the different styles of swords or knives.
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

while I don't have the time currently to participate, I would like to see this thread continue. Who is the winner?
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Hmmm I'm not sure if a spelling error count's a sdiscussion, but I'll take any port in a storm.

Hmm a lot of Marvel going about......How about some DC ...

Wonder Woman.

Good luck all

Batts
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Green Lantern.
The cosmic Asyluim of tangerian system...Someon yell and scream...Then...An alarm...The guard in full power armor go to face the problem...To bad the problem seem to be too much for them to handle...Five corpse are thrown away, shattered like puppets. The "patient" move fast toward his goal: Freedom. A small shuttle, used to transport material and food to the asylum, was right in fornt of him...
Later an bug like docto question the chief of security
<<you don't know what you've done>>
<<It was your fault, we were not prepared for that..that thing! And i survived Atorian and Tanagarr wars..You lied us>>
<<I gave you only the needed information, don't use this as excuse for your men ineptitude...We have to advice the core world, they must be ready, we can't leave Project Lantern free, perhaps if we hurry we can contain the damage>>
<<I've seen it but still i can't believe it. What the Kzorr it was that thing?>>
<<I told ya , he is the Green Lantern. The father of all mass destruction weapons>>.
In his shuttle the fugitive thought about his next move. He need to hide , keep a low profile, for the moment. A backward primitive planet would work. But what to choose. He fastly run trought thousand of stellar maps...HERE. This one one would be fine. An blue planet, the third from sun in his system, low extraplanetary presence, not enough to be amenace but enough to mislead his trackers and the high rate of abnormal energies will hide his energy pattern. Perfect.
The native call it....Earth? How unoriginal..

Green Lantern is an artificial creature, build since birth to do one and one thing: be the perfect weapon. Too bad they gave him a mind on his own. Of course this does not mean he become a resentful of what he was ordered to do or tired of all the blood, simply he decided that he did not liked to get orders. And that he prefer to be the one that decide who kill and when. Now he is AWOl, wanted back by his creators, if only they cna find him. Edonist and Psychotic, he decided that "play" the hero on Earth could be a funny way to pass the time.
Description: GL look is weird. An Female humanoid being with minimal facial features, one slit for mouth and two glowing green eyes, and massive orb of glowing green energy in the middle of hes stomach(hence the name). Skin is metallic silver, cold but soft at touch, has six vents on her head that create an sort of "green flame" hair effect. She had started wearing a mask to a) further hide her identity b) she kinda like wearing masks. The maks is made of super hard porcellain and feature a beautyful woman face.
Power Category: Experiment Supersoldier
SuperSoldier Features: Increased Physical Agility and Dexterity, Attempted to Increase Physical Speed, Brain Boost
Powers: Prodigius Multiple Arms: six solid green ENERGY Tentacles(the head flames) , made of green energy. Can become invisible in green light, making harder to parry them, but can be done only if two tentacles are manifested, invisible tentacles are -3 to parry and dodge. Instead of manifesting 6 tentacles , can manifest 4 50% longer or two 100% their base lenght.
Weapon Melding(Tentacles ONLY). The Energy tentacles split open and envelope the weapon powering it. When doing so the weapon color become green and is charged and glow with green energy, shot greene enrgy blast and solid green bullets
Special Armor: she had 3 set of her costume(green in color) and 4 porcellain masks with different green decorations, but the costumes are not armored
Special Weapon: Pair of Mathcing Energy Pistol
Special Vehicle: None
Alien Equipments: holographic projector Necklace, she can appear as a gorgeus human woman (PB:18 ) or as any humnoid females(not canines,felines or others, just the human like ones lik Atorians). Duration: 3 hours at times with one hour of rest between the use, to let the energy cell recharge
Education: Military Specialist, wiht a focus on infiltration and commando operations
Alien humanoid from High Gravity Environment
Experiment Side Effect: Reduced Facial Features
The experiment that lead her creation, with the implant of a bio-energy reactor in her adbomen, canno be replied, it will took other 10 years onf reasearch on her body to do so.
Personality: quite schizophrenic, with sudden chang ein the mood, When not in battle she is quite bubbly and overexcited about many things. She particulary developed strong interest in the earthlings music . In Battle she is mercyless and had problem restraining herself from toying with her opponents before killing them
Alignment: Aberrant but open to change, depending on her personal experience she coudl raise to unprincipled or fall into diabolic
Insanity: Crazy (wo)man, in addition she suffer from A phobia about hospitals(she don't like them neither doctors) and Confining Enclosures, she is obsessed in spending as much money as she can, buying thign she does not need and paying for the most absurde things. She is by the way extremely capable to get money. And enough amoral to steal it form bad guys. :) Dislike what rumors saids about her she is not a nynphomaniac.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Green Lantern.

Name: Xian Li (Shian to her friends)
Alias: Green Lantern.
Power Type: Mutant (no significant mutations: was born with a Talon on each big toe, but her parents had them cut off at birth)

Cho and Wing Li were a pair of chinese environmentalists living in rural England. Pacifists and environmentalists by nature, they made quite a stir in the late 80's for their vocal participation in protesting the Litswydd Proposed nuclear facility. They picketed, they balloted, they petitioned, but to no avail, so they Broke in for sabotage. Lacking technical expertise, they simply brokethings, masked with balaclavas and lighting their way with the sign of their protest, little green paper lanterns.

They got away, but their unborn child did not escape their dance with the atom.

Their daughter Xian, now 19 and studying nuclear science (much to her parents dismay) at a London University, is experiencing changes, subtle but distinct. Xian, like her parents, feels the need to be like her parents, in that when injustice strikes, she must protest in a mask.

As the Green Lantern (known for he rpenchant for leaving green folding paper lanterns at the scene of her exploits) she enjoys the following powers:
Extraordinary PP, Physical perfection, Colour Manipulation (typically uses this to turn herself, jet black, shades of green or occasionally transperant), weightlessness, lightning reflexes and danger sense.

She is studying nuclear science, and dabbles in art (usually painting) and Dance (mostly Ballet), and has been pursuing martial arts (HTH Martial arts). She carries a pair of Tonfa while out and about, as well as a little Knife (more of a tool than a weapon) but is not trained in their use. She is chasing up leads as far as finding a decent teacher for judo, or a similiar passive and defensive martial arts (she cannot rely on autododge forever)

Batts
The Baron of chaos
Champion

hey is me or everyone , apart myself, aim quite low in term of power Magnitude?
(I hope this comment don't make people grow prejudice toward my posting, My GL is worth a look, I'm quite proud how she come out and I think i'm fleshing her out COMPLETELY anyway. She could possibly be one of the coolest npc i've ever created for HU)
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

The Baron of chaos wrote:hey is me or everyone , apart myself, aim quite low in term of power Magnitude?
(I hope this comment don't make people grow prejudice toward my posting, My GL is worth a look, I'm quite proud how she come out and I think i'm fleshing her out COMPLETELY anyway. She could possibly be one of the coolest npc i've ever created for HU)

I just feel HU2 aims for a low powerd game. The core mechanics start by making real people, not superhumans. No matter how many powers or special abilities you add, it's really just varying levels of humanity. It just feels more comfortably in that zone.

I empathise with and feel there is more creativity in low(er) power, so I reflect that when I post (and I respond better to it when others do).

I'm also appalled at power creep. It was endemic and a real turn off with Rifts, and now it creeps into HU2, so I fight against it as much as is reasonable.

Nothing against the higherpower gaming, i just don't feel the Palladium mechanics handle them well.

Batts

Batts
The Baron of chaos
Champion

I've great respect for your opinion...even if i don't agree with it in some points. :lol:
Saying so, I think your character is fine...but don't fit too much the name(i have to admit neither mine. :( )
By the way a character is such not for his power but for his background. Someone could have the power of a god(or a mailman), but being grown by psychopathic cannibals hillybillies, or have nun in family, or haveing be abused by a clown, or having a disturbing interest in chainsaws, or cannot sleep without holding a weapons(i dont feel safe....) . So what you said about apply to both high powered and low powered characters, their magnitude of power is not the key here.

I still prefer mine though. :lol: :-P
Don't get too serious on this :lol:
Life , expecially on message board is a game...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Name: Green Torchlight
Category: Symbiote (located along spine)
Power Generated By Symbiote,
Feeds on the bioelectricity of its host.
Superabiliities: APS Fire, Logevity and Extraordinary Strength.
Symbiote has the following psychic abilities: Empathy, Telepathy, See Aura, Mind Block, Sense Time and Read Dimensional Portal.
General Benefits to Host: Increased Reflexes
Education: Military Pilot

Sent to investigate a UFO crash site along with the rest of her military unit, Heidi was thought to have been elecrocuted by touching the wrong wire, which also caught her clothing on fire. she was rushed to the Emergency room of the military hospital where it was discovered she was not burned. No one was aware that she had taken on a passenger from the ship, and she intends to keep it that way. Keeping her powers secret, Heidi has worked her way to being assigned to the military's extraterrestrial investigations unit.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

she was rushed to the Emergency room of the military hospital where it was discovered she was not burned. No one was aware that she had taken on a passenger from the ship, and she intends to keep it that way.

How did emergency room staff miss the symbiote grafted to her spine?

Failed a perception check?

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

she was rushed to the Emergency room of the military hospital where it was discovered she was not burned. No one was aware that she had taken on a passenger from the ship, and she intends to keep it that way.

How did emergency room staff miss the symbiote grafted to her spine?

Failed a perception check?

Batts

They were busy. :-P

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”