Tier 4 and 5 bugs, and a new chance for humans...

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Tier 4 and 5 bugs, and a new chance for humans...

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Just recently got into this PB game, really like the concept, and the ole idea factory in my brain has been churning. I have an idea for Tier 4 and 5 bugs that will answer the questions of a) how high do the tiers go and b) how do the bugs reproduce. This will also have a big tie-in to an opportunity for mankind to hit the bugs when they are at their weakest; the best and possibly last chance to retake the world. If humans win, the Bugs will be majorly on the defensive and may lose the war. If the bugs win, humanity can kiss its collective keester goodbye. Onward to the apocalyptic battle!

I think I'll write up the idea as a Rifter Article, anyone interested in reading it?
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I am interested.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Very much so.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

:D GO FOR IT!!!!!!!
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

I second the going for it!
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Something new for SF is always welcome.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
abtex
Champion

Re: Tier 4 and 5 bugs, and a new chance for humans...

Unread post by abtex »

Waiting to see your work.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

Updates? *bump for thread necromancy*

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Still working on the concept, but mostly at a stand-still until I get my hands on another copy of SF. My friend who had it moved to Florida, leaving me hopelessly lost and forlorn. Got a line on a book, hopefully will know soon about getting it (I hate e-commerce by the way, but may have to finally break down and order it off e-bay or some such). Thanks for the interest!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Woohoo! Thanks to the awesome Jorel, I now have a copy of Systems Failure. Work will progress immediately. Onward to humanity's victory!

Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

Go for it, I look forward to seeing what you come up with
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Phalanx wrote:Good luck. I never got paid for the Systems Failure article I did.

Which issue of the Rifter did your article appear in? And more importantly, have you called Kevin or Wayne about it? I know that payments sometimes get lost in the mix of things. I ran a small company for several years out in California, and I can still remember the embarressment of getting the calls about payments I thought I'd taken care of. There's also the two times when checks I'd sent got lost in the mail. It sounds cliche, but it does happen.

I'm not saying that any of this is what happened in your case, just throwing out some possibilities. And I've been published in the Rifter before and never had any troubles, so I'm not worried about that - I just hope I can produce something that Wayne will accept and that people will like and lives up their anticipation.

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Maryann got so mad once she send a check next day to me by FedEx after two had gone missing in the postal system.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

"Never give up, never surrender!"

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear that Phalanx. Hope things turn out better in the future for you.

On another note, work has begun again on my article, though so much time has passed since I last worked on it I'm finding that I'm re-writing every word that I had put down before. *sigh* Always seems to happen that way. The underlying ideas are still the same, though, and I'm really liking what's coming out. Hope it goes over well.

Return to “Systems Failure™”