TW Psi-Blade

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

TW Psi-Blade

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Ok, here's something I've been working on in order to boost my Cyber knight's dependence on primitive weapons that have somewhat modest damage capability.

Due to the high PPE cost of said device I have chosen to capitalize on the ability of techno wizards to use gems with a higher value to lower PPE costs, I think the final design came out swimmingly though.

TW Psi Sword Enhancer:
Adds 2d6 MD to the damage of any Psi sword, +1 to strike with Psi swords and allows the wielder to parry energy blasts with a bonus of +2 plus the wielders physical prowess bonus.

Requires the spells Power Weapon (35), Lightblade (20) and Deflect (10).
Uses a 30 Carat Turquoise (7200 credits) a five carat Quartz (300 credits) and a five carat Opal (2500 credits)

130 PPE create, 7 PPE to Activate for five minutes
16,500 credits for all materials 65 hours to build. 9 hours to draw up blueprints.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Derat wrote:There is already a TW Psi-Blade in South America 2 on pg. 165

great, where in north America can you buy it and what normal techno wizard can build it?

thats why this one is magic based instead of psionic based...
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Well if your GM is nice you might manage to get one that worked it's way north. Once that happens I"m pretty sure some one would actually be able to copy it.

But yeah, I tend to just go the TW PPE using weapon route myself.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

great..

look, when northern gun puts out a laser pistol, do you ***** that Wilk's already has laser pistols so nobody- even those at wildly different geographic locations, should ever have the need to develop laser pistols?

no, didn't think so..

the idea was to come up with a psi-sword booster and open it for comment, not talk about similar things.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

TW Psi-Sword

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Here are some additional features to consider adding in , possibly as options: Speed Weapon, double damage vs. vampires(the Lightblade spell already built in might give you that now) and Targeted Deflection(I think you know why.)
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Power weapon the spell would work fine on a psi sword, its the spell that does the actual enhancement, deflect is to firm up the whole making melee weapons more viable by allowing the wielder to use it in a meaningful defensive way. Light-blade Powers the Device and helps firm up the whole sword enhancement thing.

Speed weapon as a spell has no effect on magic weapons, and its a 100 PPE spell, though its gem is turquoise so I can lower that cost...

Targeted deflection also had a higher PPE than I wanted to go but it could work for a higher level character.
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

The Last Darkness wrote:While I agree that Cyber Knights Psi swords need damage boosts, I simply up it to normal mind melter ability. Dosnt make sence to me that the melee weapon of a knight is far weaker then the same weapon by a mind melter who probly dosnt even know hand to hand basic.

-You've ansewred your own question its a knight not a Psi user

Its simple a Mind Melter has spent his entire life developing his psionics. Pure unhinderd mental power of death and destruction. the control of thier I.S.P is far greater than the knight, who has spent his life in pysical training and attunment to technology(Zen Combat), he has a much harded time conjuring such a powerful weapon. Heck some of the knights can only use the psi sword and shield talk about your limited control over psionics. Needless to say the Cyber Knights other abilities make up for it
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

The Last Darkness wrote:Well that can be argued but really it dosnt make sense in the Rifts envirment especily wih its incredible escalation.
I swear vibro knives do more dmg then a cyber knights psi-sword now.
I am a advocate of upping their damage output to meet escaltion. Otherwise why be a cyber knight when you can be a Mystic or even Cosmo knight which are far superior?

well lets see,

mystics are really cool but they miss out on a few cool things that make the cyber knight the awesome class it is. First off, by 5th level the cyber knight has 13 combat skills and 2 physical skills and a bonus attack. so a cyber knight can easily take fencing and boxing and be on equal footing with a juicer with a vibra sword for attacks per melee. Second while the Mystic has to spend a full round to summon his psi-blade the cyber knight does not have to spend a single moment, he wants it its in his hand, instantly.

Now go pick up rifter #30, read a cut above... I know rifters are not cannon but cyber knights who burn those superfluous combat skills on their psi swords get rewarded big time.. I have a 6th level cyber knight without boxing and I am currently sitting on 10 paired psi-blade attacks dealing 4d6+3 damage.

Now facter things in like the cyber knights anti tech powers, I can tell rifle scopes not to see me, robots that I don't exist etcetera etcetera.

Don't get me wrong its possible to make a scary mystic (see the mystic knight occ) But there is something very cool about how well the cyber knight is equipped for any eventuality combat wise.

for extra fun give a cyber knight boxing, Pilot power armor, power armor combat basic and ground based power armor combat.
put him in a suit of chipwell challenger, at third level he has 8 attacks easy....
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

ten combat actions that can be a strike + a parry, or a parry etc...
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

rat_bastard wrote:
The Last Darkness wrote:Well that can be argued but really it dosnt make sense in the Rifts envirment especily wih its incredible escalation.
I swear vibro knives do more dmg then a cyber knights psi-sword now.
I am a advocate of upping their damage output to meet escaltion. Otherwise why be a cyber knight when you can be a Mystic or even Cosmo knight which are far superior?

well lets see,

mystics are really cool but they miss out on a few cool things that make the cyber knight the awesome class it is. First off, by 5th level the cyber knight has 13 combat skills and 2 physical skills and a bonus attack. so a cyber knight can easily take fencing and boxing and be on equal footing with a juicer with a vibra sword for attacks per melee. Second while the Mystic has to spend a full round to summon his psi-blade the cyber knight does not have to spend a single moment, he wants it its in his hand, instantly.

Now go pick up rifter #30, read a cut above... I know rifters are not cannon but cyber knights who burn those superfluous combat skills on their psi swords get rewarded big time.. I have a 6th level cyber knight without boxing and I am currently sitting on 10 paired psi-blade attacks dealing 4d6+3 damage.

Now facter things in like the cyber knights anti tech powers, I can tell rifle scopes not to see me, robots that I don't exist etcetera etcetera.

Don't get me wrong its possible to make a scary mystic (see the mystic knight occ) But there is something very cool about how well the cyber knight is equipped for any eventuality combat wise.

for extra fun give a cyber knight boxing, Pilot power armor, power armor combat basic and ground based power armor combat.
put him in a suit of chipwell challenger, at third level he has 8 attacks easy....

Exactly my point cyber knights are already one of the most powerful OCCs out there,not to mention there is still the matter of choosing a powerful RCC. Upping the damage on thier already instant, unremoveable, costless weapon is just to much. If your that intent on having a heavy hitter simple go whip a mystic knight (which is done with little effort) and take his deathbringer.

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

First off, they are a men at arms OCC, they are suposed to steal the show combat wise, thats what they do.

second if you have spiffy nuclear psionics on top of the cyber knight package and you take psi-sword for real as one of your powers (waste of a power slot in my opinion) remember that the "true" psi-sword takes a full round to summon. that kinda sucks.
Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

rat_bastard wrote:First off, they are a men at arms OCC, they are suposed to steal the show combat wise, thats what they do.

second if you have spiffy nuclear psionics on top of the cyber knight package and you take psi-sword for real as one of your powers (waste of a power slot in my opinion) remember that the "true" psi-sword takes a full round to summon. that kinda sucks.
Now hold on :thwak: Ow. let me go into a deep concen :thwak: Ow. Concentreation for about 15 seconds then :thwak: Ow. Then I'll kick your :thwak: Ow.

Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

rat_bastard wrote:First off, they are a men at arms OCC, they are suposed to steal the show combat wise, thats what they do.

If I recall (and I could be wrong) I think if you at least go by the book, a super psi cyberknight can still call up his psi sword as quickly as any other cyber-knight.

At least thats' with the revised class that was introduced with the Tolkeen War/RUE.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Kesslan wrote:If I recall (and I could be wrong) I think if you at least go by the book, a super psi cyberknight can still call up his psi sword as quickly as any other cyber-knight.

His cyber-knight psi-sword, yes. His super-psionic power psi-sword, no.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

dogfaceboy wrote::eek: Sixth sense gives a warning of danger within 1d4 melees, the character cannot be attacked by surprise :eek: generally 1d4 melees will allow sufficient time to concentate for 15 seconds :nh:
Yes but Sixth Sense is only life threatening danger and when your a Cyber-Knight little is considered to be life threatening

Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

dogfaceboy wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
Kesslan wrote:If I recall (and I could be wrong) I think if you at least go by the book, a super psi cyberknight can still call up his psi sword as quickly as any other cyber-knight.

His cyber-knight psi-sword, yes. His super-psionic power psi-sword, no.

Agreed, and the other dispute over the cyber-knight was since psi-shield only cost him 15 ISP and he could conjure a lesser sword for no ISP cost shouldn't his super psi-sword only cost 15 ISP as well. And I said "Nay." Though the question did catch me offguard :-?

Eh well I'll have to look at the book again. Because if I recall the super psi-sword is by the book at least, inherently part of the class and taken into account as that 'free' psi-sword allready.

All being a mindmelter level does if I recall is bump up the +damage per level a touch, give them a few more psi powers to pick from and so on. Thats it. They dont have a 'second' basic psi-sword. They just have the psi-sword period.

Personally I'm happy enough sticking by the book in that respect becuase it honestly doesnt make some super overpowering difference. Yes Cyber-Knights are a pretty powerful class now. All the more so when they get to a high level.

But their hardly super mega munchie. I'd put them on par with an ordinary juicer to be honest. And a mindmelter CK maybe on par with something like a delphi-juicer. And their not so tough either.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”