Aurora Sterling?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

loc wrote:I think she and the rest of the psi-kids only appear in Book 18, End of the Circle, but it’s been a long time since I read the novels. It’s possible they also appear in the 5th book of Sentinels, but I doubt that very seriously. I don't know of any other source she appears in.

She is also mentioned in Southern Cross when Dana has her Protoculture induced vision.
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

She was born on Haydon after Myria suffed from exposer to the toxic air of Garuda (i think book 3 or 4) Aroura develope extremely fast like Loc as already fast. However if you are planning on using her give her whatever OCC you wish (though in the novel she becomes an ambassodor I think) But ust the rules for Garudans at something like 3 to 5 times thier highest level of ability. The thing with the Kids was the affect of Haydon and Invid universe twisting, the only part of the novel series I never cared for.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I think I remember that from the novels too!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Dr GM1983 wrote:As to any "hard" data on her its only whats in the novels, and thats kinda limited itself. She does indeed become an ambassador for Earth in novel 18 "End of the Circle" as chronicled by Lisa Hayes-Hunter, but thats about it.

If your planning to use her in a Shadow Chronicles setting I suggest waiting until we find out if she's even going to be in it or has been removed completely. After reading the Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles comics I'm thinking she's been removed entirely from the series along with the rest of the kids.

That is to bad, I think the sons and daughters would be a great back ground detail. I do like the idea of removing the mass psychic powers from them. Though it might be fun to add the potential to the PC and NPC in some way would be cool.

Aramanthus
Monk

i'm looking forward to seeing her stats! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Sadly Aramanthus, I doubt you will ever get to unless you get some one to write them up for you. I would like to see it as well though. I need to find the comics now and read through them.

Robroy
Explorer

Unread post by Robroy »

I figured she got rewritten as Maia in Shadow Chronicles
"Where ever you go, there you are"-Buckaroo Banzai

"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

I wouldn't mind seeing Breetai's son Drannon.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Dave the dragon
Explorer

Unread post by Dave the dragon »

I dont know bout the new stuff. If you wanrt to make her "by-the-book", its gona be at least mid-level mind melter, or higher. That ability to link with the others (only a few, it seemed in the book. Been a while, so I could be wrong) and yank the SDF-1's Fold Generators from the past seems to suggest LOTS of power, though.[/list][/list]
"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."
Robroy
Explorer

Unread post by Robroy »

The Del Rey book End of the circle, and the Sentinels series is based on somebodys notes, at least that is what I remember reading somewhere.

HG, if Shadow Chronicles is any indication, will go in a very different direction. I would put her psi abilities to the latent level, the power she showed in the book can be attributed to alien/ outside powers.
"Where ever you go, there you are"-Buckaroo Banzai

"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

devillin wrote:She is also mentioned in Southern Cross when Dana has her Protoculture induced vision.

the only canon appearance and no name was given. she only identifies herself as "the other daughter of max and myria".

frankly the Alia ripoff that is McKinney's Aurora is probably no more.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Aurora was in the comics as well, Gargoyle? Hmmm, guess I should've paid more attention to them.

I had a hard time finding the comics. So I went with the Novels since they were complete and easilier to get. I gave all the comics I did have to my younger sister. So i do not know.

I would agree if the sentinels had continued we would have seen her. And it could have been really cool to see her and the other kids in the series since as it was stated they would have brought a cool new light to the show.

Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

Dracurian wrote:On a similar topic, does anyone know what happened to Dana Stirling after Southern Cross?

I am hypothesising that she went & joined the R.E.F. as Louie turns up in the Shadow Chronicles, but I have not seen anything about it.
8-)

Dana led a Garfish class cruiser (painted with 15th on its hull nonetheless) with the 15th ATAC fleeing the Earth in a massive evac mission during Invid Invasion in 2031AD. This is evidenced in RT: Love & War comic series.

Yes, she is drafted into REF, & in Prelude to The Shadow Chronicles comic miniseries, she (with REF CVR-3 armor) appeared quite briefly & stumbled upon Rem & her sister, Maia Sterling on board SSL.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

devillin wrote:She is also mentioned in Southern Cross when Dana has her Protoculture induced vision.

Actually, the Narrator stated it was a hallucination, not a vision. Given the real-time FTL comm capabilities of the UEF, there is no reason to believe Dana didn't already have information on her little sister from an e-mail from Max or Miriya.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ZeroArmour »

After watching RTSC I think we can safely throw the Del Rey books out the window. We'll just have to wait for a revised version of The Sentinels.
"That's the second biggest dragon I've ever seen"
Aramanthus
Monk

Yes, it will be interesting in seeing their stats! That is something I'm looking forward to seeing.

HH....FIE
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Dana mentions having a Brother... and the Halucination of a sister... mayber... hey brother got him self one of them Tirolian Sex-change opperations... it could explain one of the reasons Dana and Maya have such animosity in the Prelude comics.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Aramanthus
Monk

I think we're going to have to allow some changes enter into our versions of Robotech, since HG Is really watching out for their version of continuity.

HH....FIE
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

yes, Changes to the RPg are going to happen. but things shouldnt change the origonal Robotech, its a problem i had with the old RPG, was it disagreed with the Show in many places, and Attitudes around here were "the RPg is canon, the show is wrong".
Hopefully Palladium will use HG's Canon and the Show for the new RPG, and then i hope Approval process @ HG will ensure it cleaves closer to the show than the old RPG.

Unfortunatly Dana's Siblings are something that wil never fit the Show. Dana Mentions a Brother, not a sister, and Halcinates an "Unknown Sister"... They Maya Appears outta no where in Prelude...
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

[sarcasm] Hooray. Let's stat the new books out with an even bigger bunch of insignificant characters. We could have an entire sourcebook devoted to just the stats of Annie's boyfriends [/sarcasm]

Yeesh, what a waste of time. I, for one, like Robotech because it has very little to do with psionics or magic. People who DO have/use those powers are considered wierd or strange, and the powers themselves are often unreliable. I don't mind the link of protoculture to psionics, but it's applicable really only to Invid, who can use it correctly (and even then, that's mostly limited to the Regis and the brains), or the Robotech Masters for a link between the clones.

For me, Robotech is about the people, the technology, the courage, hope, love, battles, defeat, despair, and all this with a strength within normal people to struggle on. Introducing characters who can, in the words of a certain River, 'kill you with my brain', indicates a level of power creep that I'm not interested in following.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

I can't remember the actual dialog from the episode, but is it possible she's talking about Bowie? And before you jump on me, I know she's talking TO Bowie, but she's trying to draw him out of himself and talk to her.

As a side question, was it necessary to make Bowie the godson of Emerson? Would people really have not accepted a man with a black son?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Well...Dana could have just had a part-hallucination and part clairvoyant flash that mixed what she already knew with her own imagination...

1) She already knew about the spores...Zor was talking about them earlier..

2) She MIGHT have already known that she had a female sibling...Carpenter's expedition might well have brought back news of her family, and though Carpenter was reluctant to talk to her at first(I believe the ATACs were part of the lifepod recovery effort?) they may have later passed personal messages on to her, though Maya's name may not have been mentioned(or maybe Maya has a twin sister, perish the thought)...They didn't exactly have a chance to pack and transfer the mailbags before bailing out, and Carpenter and his men may not have been that close to the Sterlings to memorize the names of Max and Miriya's new kids...

3) Dana was already taken with the idea of a link between herself and the Robotech Masters...Being half-Zentraedi but only having the negative role-models promulgated by Southern Cross propoganda, it couldn't have been easy trying to explore the alien side of her heritage...and dreams have a funny way of trying to satisfy our personal issues...

The fact of the matter is, we DON'T know how many kids the Sterlings had, though it's unlikely Miriya turned 'Fertile Myrtle' in the middle of a war and dropped out of active service because she liked big familiies...But Maya COULD have had a sibling(unlikely, but she doesn't go into details about her family)...but a strong case can be made for 'Aurora' being a figment of Dana's imagination...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

A'Zule wrote:I can't remember the actual dialog from the episode, but is it possible she's talking about Bowie? And before you jump on me, I know she's talking TO Bowie, but she's trying to draw him out of himself and talk to her.
unless Dana is completly Deranged, i dont think she is gonna think of someone she barely knows as a brother... Bowie dosent know her family history, so how close could they have been?

As a side question, was it necessary to make Bowie the godson of Emerson? Would people really have not accepted a man with a black son?

well, better his God-father, and Bowies dad be a bad-ass commander in the REF, then Rolf be a Pedophile-Stalker who likes to sit outside Bowies dorm room.... and bowies dad be a bad-ass member of the REF...
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Colonel Wolfe wrote:

well, better his God-father, and Bowies dad be a bad-ass commander in the REF, then Rolf be a Pedophile-Stalker who likes to sit outside Bowies dorm room.... and bowies dad be a bad-ass member of the REF...

What the frak are you talking about?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

LT. Wildstar wrote:Point of note mentioned above, lets not start giving or even thinking of giving characters psionic powers like Rifts.

This is what Robotech is about, the battle with oneself, our enemies, love hope and despair, the futility of war and the story of lonely minds coming together for humanity.....

...And Kickass Mecha... :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”