the only problem with splicers...

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

argree with me?

agree?
26%
disagree?
41%
other?
33%

Total votes: 27

goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

the only problem with splicers...

Unread post by goodhometownboy »

i actcully only have one beef with splicers is that it just takes way to long to make a character.. one time it took me 3 hours to make one and i heard thats was fast... do you agree? disagree? whats your beef?
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

I cant really say much about taking a long time to make a character, it's pretty common for me to take days to complete just one (for and game).:eek:

My only real beef with Splicers is the current lack of support, but maybe we'll get lucky and that will change in time.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

To create a Dreadguard takes a long time, but something like a Techno-Jacker, or Scarecrow is much easier. Any character that has custom equipment is going to take a long time. I don't think Biotech characters are any more time consuming then Robot, or Eugenics classes in HU. Once you build a few you will have a better idea about what you are looking for power wise, and that will make the whole thing faster. No matter what you are going to be building a normal character with all the skills, attributes and such, plus the armor. One alternative is to build a couple of standard, or common suits to represent the favored armor of a specific house. The same could be used for Archangel packs, or whatever else.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

Meh. 3 hours is normal for character gen for me. Hell, try creating a full-conversion cyborg in Rifts and have it take less than 3 hours.
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points
goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by goodhometownboy »

Rayven wrote:Meh. 3 hours is normal for character gen for me. Hell, try creating a full-conversion cyborg in Rifts and have it take less than 3 hours.

thats very true and also why i don't make borgs
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Unless it's a scarecrow, saint or technojacker anything in splicers has far more customization options than even the most advanced borg models in Rifts. While this allows for wonderfully personalized characters it does tend to make creation a very lengthy process.

Anyhow, as to the original question, my only issue with Splicers is the lack of followup support titles.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Not me...

I First find a Picture.
Then i try to make a character that fits that picture.

Skills takes the longest time for me.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Splicers does have a looooong chargen. It would be greatly beneficial if this website had downloads of pre-made characters.

I have not spent more than 1 hour per character, but that is a huge amount of time for me. Personally, there are way too many skill slots for 1st level characters. I would much prefer less skills to start and new skill development at later levels.
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Spinachcat wrote:Splicers does have a looooong chargen. It would be greatly beneficial if this website had downloads of pre-made characters.

Now there's a heck of an idea: a database of pre-generated characters for Splicers/Rifts/everything else. I suppose it could work like Wikipedia or something, divided up by game or archetype, and they could be used as player characters or NPCs.

If this already exists, please show me, I'm needing it. XD
Remember who you wanted to be.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

It takes a while to make almost any character for Palladium. Kevin has addressed this by saying that he'd rather people have an interesting character that they are INVESTED in than change things.

So, that's that I guess. If it helps, it gets faster with practice. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

It took you less then a day to make a PB char....what are you doing wronge? Leaving out the char concept? No Background?.....

:D :D :D
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Yeah, Palladium's done formatting problems like that before, but that's why it helps to read the whole book before jumping into a game.
Remember who you wanted to be.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

You could make a host armor up pretty quick if you wanted too, but theres so many great upgrades to pick from. Thats what takes up so much time finding the ones you want to fit nicely together.

Return to “Splicers®”