Beginnings of Chi Town

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Re: Beginnings of Chi Town

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Winter wrote:Just wondering, Do you think PB will ever do a source book on the beginning of Chi Town, how they survived, trials and tribulations etc...

I think it would be interesting if they did, might explain why they are in the current Rifts settings...

What do you people out there think?
honestly that would cause me to stop collecting the choas series, beside it would not make any sense but since it choas earth is makes less sense then rifts
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Why does Chaos Earth make less sense than Rifts?

I am not poking, just asking! CE seems pretty straight forward to me. Cataclysm begets apocalypse begets a demon shooting, run for your life fun free for all.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Spinachcat wrote:Why does Chaos Earth make less sense than Rifts?

I am not poking, just asking! CE seems pretty straight forward to me. Cataclysm begets apocalypse begets a demon shooting, run for your life fun free for all.
KS rushes NEMA to the north, if it was just yellowstone going off the temp would drop 10 degrees, a harsh winter, but KS adds a few more volcanoes to the mix dropping it dropping to a total of 30 degrees.

yeah lets head north :roll:
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I would rather see a fall of NEMA around Chicago and hints that the survivors eventually form Chitown.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

For my part, you'll see no sign or mention on Chi-Town in CE. Granted, perhaps from others, but not from me.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
RockJock
Knight

Jason, I know that we are on the same page here for what it's worth.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Actually I think NEMA calls it Chicagoland (page 9 Rise of Magic)
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:KS rushes NEMA to the north, if it was just yellowstone going off the temp would drop 10 degrees, a harsh winter, but KS adds a few more volcanoes to the mix dropping it dropping to a total of 30 degrees.

I am totally cool with this. As GM, I would run it as a massive tactical blunder and now the PCs have to deal with the consequences. It certainly would not be the first one in history. In fact, I would argue that more history is written by blunders than triumphs.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:Actually I think NEMA calls it Chicagoland (page 9 Rise of Magic)

Oddly enough (or perhaps not), a few people call the Chicago area that today.

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Spinachcat wrote:Why does Chaos Earth make less sense than Rifts?

KS rushes NEMA to the north, if it was just yellowstone going off the temp would drop 10 degrees, a harsh winter, but KS adds a few more volcanoes to the mix dropping it dropping to a total of 30 degrees.

yeah lets head north :roll:

Actually it makes sense.

At the time, before anyone had a clear handle on the situation (or any idea how bad things were or how long "it" would last), the largest contingent of NEMA to survive was in the Chicago area. Hence why Ms. Sawyer and other NEMA contingents that got the info moved her contingent there. Chicago was basically a rallying point of sorts for a chunk of what remains of NEMA.

Eventually (as the books note), NEMA realizes that going to Chicago was a mistake. However, moving from there (especially moving refugees) is a logistics nightmare that NEMA-in-Chicagoland cannot handle - their plate is already full.

~ Josh
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I think I can handle doing the tie-in's on my own, but I'd like to see PB come out with more core data that applies specifically to the Great Cataclysm and the unprecidented levels of magic energy in the world.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Jason Richards

Morrowcale wrote:I think I can handle doing the tie-in's on my own, but I'd like to see PB come out with more core data that applies specifically to the Great Cataclysm and the unprecidented levels of magic energy in the world.

I guess I don't understand. Can you give an example of what you mean?
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

I'll try! It mentions that the magic energies during the first couple years of the Great Cataclysm are at an unparalelled level, even higher than those of Rifts Earth 300 years later. This leads me to think that there might be a lot of unique effects and phoenomena going on, Super Ley Line Storms for example. I'd like to see more core material dealing with these cataclysm specific events and effects. Maybe a rare type of dimensional anomaly, or a short lived school of magic thought? Of course, this is only possible if the good people at PB had any ideas for this direction of thought to begin with. I'll admit, my ideas on this are vague as I don't have any specific ideas of what I want to see, just the direction I'd like to see some creative focus going.

As for my remark about handling my own tie-ins, I was speaking of the whole argument of CE being a precurser to the Coalition States. I really don't want to see any material regarding to the early foundations of Chi Town as there is already enough of an implied set up in existing Rifts and CE material as is.

Wow, I hope this clarifies things for you. I think I'm a little more confused about what I want though. Ah well, such is life I suppose! :lol:
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Jason Richards

Does Rise of Magic not give you what you're looking for in that regard?

RockJock
Knight

I always saw CE as being a predominately North American setting since you are concentrating on NEMA. I would love to see Rifter type articles that cover other areas of note around the planet, like what was done with England. Even things like a supplement dealing with one of the space stations, or a antarctic research base, or other areas with little info in Rifts.
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Jason Richards wrote:Does Rise of Magic not give you what you're looking for in that regard?

Don't get me wrong, Rise of Magic is an excellent resource and puts a disticts CE spin on things! I just want to see more of that material as opposed to a bunch of Coalition lead in stuff! To me, CE is played up to be an unique setting and I'd like to see more writing (like RoM) to illustrate that. Take the D-Shifter for example. It's a great OCC/RCC that is unique to CE! I just hope the writers can be that creative with the OCC's in the psychic sourcebook! :D

I get really excited about the setting and possibilities of CE that it makes not being able to play almost unbearable! Maybe I'll have to settle on playing online. :-(

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Mr. Wongburger wrote:
Winter wrote:Just wondering, Do you think PB will ever do a source book on the beginning of Chi Town, how they survived, trials and tribulations etc...

I think it would be interesting if they did, might explain why they are in the current Rifts settings...

I see this book's chances of release to be as good as us seeing a Rifts: Chi-Town book before the year 2015....which is not good.
that soon???

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Mr. Wongburger wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Mr. Wongburger wrote:

I see this book's chances of release to be as good as us seeing a Rifts: Chi-Town book before the year 2015....which is not good.
that soon???

That's my attempt at being optimistic for this year.
always good to have one of them, me? I'm still waiting for mechinoids

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Mr. Wongburger wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Mr. Wongburger wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Mr. Wongburger wrote:

that soon???

That's my attempt at being optimistic for this year.
always good to have one of them, me? I'm still waiting for mechinoids

I'll buy you a box of Kleenex for your inevitable disappointment. :D
:lol: why it's only been 12 years

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”