A Robotech/Mechanoids crossover

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

allmarduk
D-Bee

A Robotech/Mechanoids crossover

Unread post by allmarduk »

How 'bout a Robotech/Mechanoids crossover roleplaying game? Especially an originally four-way war pitting the people of Earth and the Robotech Defense Force vs. the gigantic Zentranei and the Robotech Masters vs. the Invid vs. the Mechanoids for control of that great starship the SDF-1 and it's secrets of Protoculture.

Over time, the four-way war becomes a straight-forward two-way shootout as the Earthlings are forced to team up with the Zentranei and Robotech Masters and an Invid-Mechanoid alliance is sealed as a result.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Hay, that ideal is new to me. I know of Rifts, Macross II, and Phase World, but not the Mechanoids.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

JayBuzz wrote:You would have to bring the Mecha up to Mechanoids/Rifts standards. A 50ft tall Robot with 250 MDC? Doesnt stand a chance versues Mechanoids.

Not necessarily, it just means the PC’s (after getting there butts handed to them of course) would have to think before they leap more often.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I don't see the Invid allying with the Mechanoids. he Mechanoids are planet destroyers, pure and simple. While the Invid have destroyed planets in the past, it was unintentional and they kindly removed the native population to a safe location beforehand.

The invid want to be more intune with the ecosystem of a planet, not rip the planet to pieces.

Of course the Invid will also never ally with the RM/Zent forces either.

And the Mechanoids will never ally with any humanoid.

So I can see a Human - RM/Zent alliance . . . or a Human - Invid alliance (once the Invid came to understand that the protoculture fell from the sky, we didn't steal it and we are mroe than willing to return what rightfully belongs provided we have a means of fueling our mecha).
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”