Something new for backers

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Drachnien
D-Bee

Something new for backers

Unread post by Drachnien »

Looks like the company making the me rpg have a peace offering for backers:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.ph ... botech-RPG

Wave 2 Backers of the failed Palladium RPG tactics Kickstarter will be given a complete box of Robotech: Ace Pilot board game free of charge when buying the new RPG direct from SMG.
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Re: Something new for backers

Unread post by maasenstodt »

That's pretty interesting. I wonder who is picking up the tab for that, SMG or Harmony Gold.

Hard to imagine that Palladium is involved. :-?
Drachnien
D-Bee

Unread post by Drachnien »

I imagine its SMG doing it themselves. Pick up a bunch of ex palladium customers and make them SMG customers
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

Drachnien wrote:I imagine its SMG doing it themselves. Pick up a bunch of ex palladium customers and make them SMG customers

In theory, Harmony Gold could be trying to salvage customers that might have been put off of Robotech by Palladium's failure, using funds gained from the Tactics close-out sale to win those customers back while boosting the signal for both the brand and the new game. I'm skeptical that Harmony Gold would take that kind of long-term view, though. Therefore, I'd guess that you're correct. If so, good for SMG!

At any rate, the game itself looks pretty interesting. A co-op game that should be available before Christmas.

As cool as that looks, I'm at least as interested in their new Robotech RPG. You can download the Alpha (ha!) version through SMG's forums.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”