It's ending??

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bathawk
Dungeon Crawler

It's ending??

Unread post by bathawk »

Hey all, Have to say I'm a little caught off guard, I literally just finshed reading the Robotech tactics core book today (well a few pages, should be done tonight)....and was surprised by some of the comments...is Robotech tactics being discontinued? or relaunched? or moving to a different company?

If you dn't want to type the whole story, if anyone has a link you could direct me too I would appreciate it
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: It's ending??

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

discontinued. PB lost the license for robotech, so the RPG and RTT are going out of production and any tck they have has to be gotten rid of. (either via landfill or basically giving it to a wholesale liquidator to auction off at no profit for the company)

if you were a backer of the kickstarter you need to contact palladium ASAP so you can get an in-kind refund of the wave 2 items value.. basically if you had wave 2 items that were supposed to be coming, they'll send you wave 1 items of equal value from the stock they have on hand. though at this point they are running low on a lot of stuff.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

glitterboy2098 wrote:discontinued. PB lost the license for robotech, so the RPG and RTT are going out of production and any tck they have has to be gotten rid of. (either via landfill or basically giving it to a wholesale liquidator to auction off at no profit for the company)

if you were a backer of the kickstarter you need to contact palladium ASAP so you can get an in-kind refund of the wave 2 items value.. basically if you had wave 2 items that were supposed to be coming, they'll send you wave 1 items of equal value from the stock they have on hand. though at this point they are running low on a lot of stuff.

Not running low on a lot of stuff, really. They're out of individual token packs (but still have combined token packs), UEDF decals, and the limited run metals, and most of the books from the RPG lines.

The only box set they're out of, is the Spartan/Phalanx box (of which 4608 were manufactured), and that only happened in the final wrap-up of this campaign. Everything else has been stated as having sufficient stock.

Which in and of itself is an indicator of just how massively overproduced/underperforming this game was. Almost 4 years on, they're still trying to clear out the same stock. And with that one exception, don't appear to be close to running out, even with the "last ditch" for backers, and the heavy discounts offered publicly in the last week of March.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

What did surprise me was that the Spartan/Phalanx boxed sets were the ones they ran out of.. In my opinion this was by far the ugliest and porrest kit in the wave one product and as such cannot see the demand. Albeit the Phalanx is probably the best destroid in the actaul game and spamming them is usually a sound choice.

Back on point , you are right the numbers still left in the warehouse do ytuly evidence the massive misstep palladium made in over producing the extras for retail, which I truy believe is the core reason wave 2 never made it. The gamble on selling several thousand core boxes - even over two or three years - was one big giant steo too many, given the poor reception of the over complex wave one models, even by the project backers nevermind a more critical (especially one what they wanting to spend on) wider audience,
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Spartan Phalanx likely ran out because you get VF-1s, Tomahawks, and Defenders in the core box and not Spartans or Phalanxes so people are shoring up the numbers on those two designs. I wouldn't be surprised if they were running low on Artillery pods as well for the same reason.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Yeah, Morgan and I used to keep an idle eye on the stock at CoolStuffInc, and Spartan/Phalanx and Artillery Pod packs seemed to be just about the only things that would run low or out with any frequency.

Likely for the reason expressed. If you wanted ~3+ of any combination of packs of VT's, Defender/Tomahawks, Command Pod set, or Battlepods, it was generally the same price (or cheaper) to get a core set, getting you 6 kits worth for your money. Barring some exceptions like "I only want 36 more battlepods" or whatever, but even then, if you knew someone else who was into the game, splitting a core box or two would still likely be more efficient.

I wouldn't be surprised if they could build a fort out of leftovers from the expansion boxes of figures found in the cores. Their own product line/pricing structure heavily incentivized the cores. Same price for twice the models plus command tokens/dice/etc.
LtPebbles
Wanderer
Comment: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Fan

Unread post by LtPebbles »

Technically, it ended three years ago.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”