Ending

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Ending

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

To: Everyone in the Forums

Been almost a over a year... all resentment is gone....I may stop by ever so often : )
Last edited by Astral Pantheon on Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Ending

Unread post by Spinachcat »

This is a very sad post.

I understand the upset, but if your group loves Rifts, then I don't see how abandoning something that brought your group so much fun would make any of you happier.

I am quite sure your crew could continue enjoying Rifts from all the books you all already own. I understand drawing a line regarding buying new stuff, but abandoning Rifts because of RTT seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

For me, I have to separate the Creator from the Created. Especially in the age of social media.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

It is indeed a sad post. However, while I understand needing to occasionally separate the work from the creator (example: Orson Scott Card has some rather bigoted views, which is complicated due to my love of Ender's Game), this isn't nearly as detached. If a group *personally* feels screwed over by a company's actions or inaction, it's pretty reasonable to hold that against them in a firmer stance than 'oh, they have a difference of opinion or politics'. That's a pretty reasonable thing to leave a bad taste in ones mouth.

Kevin and Wayne didn't need to personally slap my favourite stuffed animal in the face to feel some ire at being lied to for years (gee those quotes and efforts to trim the parts count sure took a while...), or frustration at their refusal to even attempt to uphold their statements regarding refunds that they used as a shield for years more.

I hope the OP and their group find another RPG that suits their needs and doesn't have the same tainted history to deal with. Which is another point; PB has long touted its time in the industry, its beloved franchises, and even with their well known propensity for overstating their production timeline and the delays that follow, this might just be one of their darkest moments, and is on many levels self inflicted at that. It should not be surprising that a company who used its history as a selling point finds it to be a detriment to those same product lines once a project crashes and burns this spectacularly.

I suspect this will be the yardstick by which other gaming Kickstarter messes are held to for years to come. Not wanting to deal with that particular company any further, even with existing product in hand, isn't something I could fault a group over. My friends have abandoned game lines for vastly less. There is a finite number of gaming hours in the day/year/lifetime, and we live in an era of staggering ways in which to spend it. Walking away from one as this group is doing is likely just opening other doors for them, and I hope they find fun and incredible moments in doing so.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

I agree it is sad that this has tainted a game that the OP and his group enjoyed. I too am frustrated and ceratinly somewhat resentfu; of PB's handling of RTT, more especially their lack of honesty and transperancy.

However, sometimes things like this open up opportunities to try something new and you move on. If the itch for Rifts lingers, I would suggest the Aavage worlds edition, if nothing else it is a taster for the other series in this well crafted RPG.
Drachnien
D-Bee

Unread post by Drachnien »

There are many games out there by many companies. Go find something that you all enjoy playing by a company that supports the community.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”