So let me see if I understand the latest update

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Summersnow
D-Bee

So let me see if I understand the latest update

Unread post by Summersnow »

"Soon" (I keep expecting to see that with a trademark symbol next to that in there posts)

"Wave 2 will be done by the end of the year" note they didn't say end of THIS year so they probably mean 2016 at the earliest.

"we have a number of other things coming sooner to support the game line that we think will please our Kickstarter backers and all our supporters very much" MORE then actually getting the pieces we paid for what, two years ago now, to actually play the game with?

Really? Cause the ONLY thing I could think of that I'd like more then wave two is a refund, especially if Palladium thinks is so unimportant to get the people they took 1.4 mil from the product they were legally responsible to deliver well over a year ago IN ITS ENTIRETY before working on more stuff to try and sell them.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Re: So let me see if I understand the latest update

Unread post by Kryptt »

I wonder if they gave a refund to that zero guy. I hope they aren't using rrt funding to fund other projects that 'the backers will like'.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I do find this emphasis on the new book baffling, when one of the bigger complaints I'm hearing is the lack of unit diversity.

New settings and scenarios won't change the fact both sides have like 1/2 their units available until Wave 2 delivers.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

For me the talk of a new book is a strawman. It is taking away from the real issue of where is wave 2.

Simple really , finish the job in hand while planning is fine but putting everything into the new stuff is frankly non sensical.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Maybe Palladiums hands are tied right now, and they really can't do much. And that is why they are doing these other things, to help smooth things over with the backers.

Kryptt wrote:I wonder if they gave a refund to that zero guy. I hope they aren't using rrt funding to fund other projects that 'the backers will like'.

I'm almost 100% sure that isn't happening. They have said may time, all the money for the KS is going to get RTT out the door and to us. And if he ask for one, I'm sure they gave it to them. I'm also, almost positive that they vast majority of the problems are on the China end. We all seem to forget about them. Palladium can only do so much on this side of the world.
Sqir
D-Bee

Unread post by Sqir »

Alpha 11 wrote:Maybe Palladiums hands are tied right now, and they really can't do much. And that is why they are doing these other things, to help smooth things over with the backers.

Kryptt wrote:I wonder if they gave a refund to that zero guy. I hope they aren't using rrt funding to fund other projects that 'the backers will like'.

I'm almost 100% sure that isn't happening. They have said may time, all the money for the KS is going to get RTT out the door and to us. And if he ask for one, I'm sure they gave it to them. I'm also, almost positive that they vast majority of the problems are on the China end. We all seem to forget about them. Palladium can only do so much on this side of the world.

If all of the issues are on the China end they why aren't the various backers informed as to why/what the delays are instead of being promised info "SOON" tm?
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Alpha 11 wrote:And if he ask for one, I'm sure they gave it to them.

As far as I've heard (and I've been keeping fairly close tabs on this for over 2 years now), no, they refused to give refunds. Most people who got money back either had very understanding banks/credit cards, or had to arrange a buyer who would send PB the money, who would in turn cut the original backer a cheque.

They have a very firm 'no refunds' policy.
Summersnow
D-Bee

They will not give out refunds until forced to through legal channels.

The problem is, the longer "soon" drags on with no real information the greater the likely hood that someone will pull the trigger on the legal process at which point the entire house of cards crumbles and they are forced through the most unfavorable means possible to expose the problems, lack of progress, mismanagement or sheer laziness that has dragged a 98% done project out for 2 years now..

It just continues to boggle my mind that Palladium wants to play Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun rather then provide real information or a few refunds for a product they claim is doing so well they shouldn't miss a few hundred bucks.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Forar wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:And if he ask for one, I'm sure they gave it to them.

As far as I've heard (and I've been keeping fairly close tabs on this for over 2 years now), no, they refused to give refunds. Most people who got money back either had very understanding banks/credit cards, or had to arrange a buyer who would send PB the money, who would in turn cut the original backer a cheque.

They have a very firm 'no refunds' policy.

Maybe he waited to long to get the refund, maybe? Because I got a refund for the Open House when 2 friends who said they were going backed out. I had paid on my credit card and my friends paid me. When Palladium couldn't do it through my card, they wrote me a check.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

:wink: That's different. When it comes to rrt PB does not give refunds. Try again guy.
Summersnow
D-Bee

Here is the reply I got to a helpdesk request on a refund I filed Date: 2014-11-01 00:41:58

SOLUTION
--------

That's right folks. SIX MONTHS to get a punctuation remark...

No wonder RT is so late.

I bet a full sentence would have taken them a decade...

To put this into perspective, from all the evidence they have given us they have done nothing to date on wave 2, but we are to believe the company that takes six months to type a punctuation remark is going to have all the minis done & shipped in 6 months...

Bet the first reply is from a WK telling me "Well, at least you got a reply" :-)
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Locked for review.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Summersnow wrote:Here is the reply I got to a helpdesk request on a refund I filed Date: 2014-11-01 00:41:58

SOLUTION
--------

That's right folks. SIX MONTHS to get a punctuation remark...

No wonder RT is so late.

I bet a full sentence would have taken them a decade...

To put this into perspective, from all the evidence they have given us they have done nothing to date on wave 2, but we are to believe the company that takes six months to type a punctuation remark is going to have all the minis done & shipped in 6 months...

Bet the first reply is from a WK telling me "Well, at least you got a reply" :-)

Please send me, via PM, the ticket # for this. I will look into it and see what happened.

Also, I would suggest that you call the PB offices at 734.721.2900 / 2903. Why? As has been stated several times in the past, Palladium does not regularly patrol the forums.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Going to try one more time...

Unread post by NMI »

Just checking to see if you are going to send me the requested info in order for me to investigate your claims?

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”