Battlefoam Case - ????

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Battlefoam Case - ????

Unread post by Axoid »

So I've been wracking my brain trying to see how stuff fits into the bag. It's supposed to hold a complete Battlecry, and there are enough spots to do that. There's 97 models in a Battlecry, and 102 spots for minis. The issue I'm running into is there doesn't seem to be enough of the same size to fit any particular mini. For example, there should be enough room for 24x Regult Battlepod, but I don't see 24 spaces that would work.

Anyone have any luck in figuring this out? Maybe all the paint fumes from this week got to me :?

Thanks,
Don
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Battlefoam Case - ????

Unread post by Axoid »

OK, so I took measurements of all the trays. I'm even more confused now.

Tray #1, 2.5" deep
15x 37x37mm
5x 46x37mm
1x 50x50mm
3x 50x63mm
1x 50x87mm
1x30x50mm

Tray #2, 2.5" deep
15x 37x37mm
5x 46x37mm
1x 50x50mm
3x 50x63mm
1x 50x87mm
1x 30x50mm

Tray #3, 2.5" deep
18x 50x50mm

Tray #4, 2.5" deep
4x 50x92mm
4x 50x76mm
2x 50x43mm
2x 50x125mm

Tray #5, 2.0" deep
12x 50x62mm
8x 35x37mm

I just do not understand some of these cutouts. Like what use are 15 37x37mm pockets for. With a 40mm base size, you can't even fit the base into the pocket? And the one tray with 18x 50x50mm pockets? What else will have a 50mm base beside the Glaug, which only had 2 in a Battlecry. And where do you fit in the 30 Regults (24 regular + 4 artillery + 2 recon)? The only thing I can think of is to place the Regults into the 2 identical trays (#1 and #2) upside down, but the artillery and recon are too tall for this, and the regular regults just fit, but the top head gun stems could break off I fear.

Who would know more about how the models fit, Palladium or Battlefoam. I feel I need to contact someone at this point to figure this out.

Thanks,
Don
Flakpanzer
D-Bee

Unread post by Flakpanzer »

I'm in the same boat.

Just got in my shipment yesterday, and have no idea how the models are supposed to fit into the Battlefoam bag.
It would be nice if Palladium would post up a guide.
LtPebbles
Wanderer
Comment: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Fan

Unread post by LtPebbles »

That's a shame. I am glad I did not buy the bag after all.
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Axoid »

At least it's not just me. I'm still working this out, haven't got it figured out yet.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I'd pondered getting a case, decided to get a third Battle Cry instead, and to order a custom foam case from BF when I had a better idea of what I'd be keeping. Can always just slap a Robotech patch onto any old bag.

Hearing this, I'm glad neither I nor my friends bothered with it.
LordLobo
D-Bee

Unread post by LordLobo »

I came up with a reasonable solution here:

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=146634
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Axoid »

LordLobo wrote:I came up with a reasonable solution here:

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=146634

I saw that, thanks. I think the big issue is the battle pods are too tall for their spots, and with the fragile head lasers sticking up, I know I'll end up with a few broken ones at some point. Plus, there shouldn't be any need to double up on spots either.

I called PB and left a message about this last week. I'll call back this week to try and get a hold of Jeff.

Thanks,

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”