Question

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Diamond_Spear
D-Bee

Question

Unread post by Diamond_Spear »

Did Palladium ever issue refunds for undelivered product?
"If nothing we do matters, then the only thing that matters is what we do."

My country, the United States of America, died at 10:15 a.m. on June 28th, 2012. R.I.P.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Question

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

they did a few iirc early on (when some of the details of the models came out and the need to do two waves). then when HG yanked the license PB offered existing stock (at steep discount) to fill out any wave 2 pledges so that all those who pledged would at least get their money's worth in product.
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Diamond_Spear
D-Bee

So I’m other words, and much more accurately, no they did not refund anyone.

My country, the United States of America, died at 10:15 a.m. on June 28th, 2012. R.I.P.
Lord Malachdrim
Wanderer

Unread post by Lord Malachdrim »

Looks like you came looking for only one outcome to your question and regardless of the response you were going to summarize it to fit the way you wanted.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good grudge.
Diamond_Spear
D-Bee

No. I asked a question in order to learn what happened. It was the person who answered me who decided to try and shade their answer rather than give a straight yes or no. I just pointed that out.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

I just stated plain facts. You are the one who interpreted it in a way to depict PB as a villain.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

So the answer is, "Yes, a few got cash refunds. The rest got substitutes."
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

you are right, they should have refunded all the money they no longer had because they spent half of it it in setting up manufacturing and distribution of wave 1 and then the rest in having to completely start over from scratch in hiring someone to design new models when Ninja division ghosted them, and setting up non-chinese production deals because the chinese ones screwed PB over.

seriously dudes, just go home and shut the hell up. you invested in a development project, a highly risky one given the company spearheading it was branching out of their subject area and into a new medium, and it was a project that involved a licensed franchise run by an unreliable media company and a partnership with what was at the time a startup company that hadn't delivered any of its own KS products (and as it turns out, the only product they managed to deliver to anyone at all was the RTT wave 1 miniature model files)

you were investing, investments sometimes fail. the fact that HG allowed palladium to give out wave 1 product stock so that people could get at least some return on their remaining investment was a ******* miracle. if you didn't take advantage of that, you were a complete idiot, because there was no way that you were going to get any refund. because at that time Palladium had gone so far into debt while trying to set up wave 2 that they couldn't even pay their own staff or afford to print the game books which were their main business. (honestly as much as i am ticked at HG pulling the entire robotech license from them, it probably was a good thing, since the company wasn't going to survive long at the rate things were going. but you don;t care about that do you, and you certainly didn't know that. because the RTT trolls just attack PB without bothering to actually know what actually happened with RTT, or bothering to learn anything about the company that is PB and its actual size and operations.)

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The question has been answered and there's no need to poke at what is a sore spot for the many people who fiancially or emmotionally invested in the project.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”