Cyclones, robotic strength or enhanced normal strength.

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Robot strength doesn't really exist in Robotech. Robots have listed lifting capcities. So the Cyclone is the equivalent normal strength.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Robotic Strength wasn't in the origional Rifts Main Book but the robots there still did MDC in hand to hand
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

captain_Killern wrote:As all palladium uses a "megaversal system" I think that logically that means robots and power armor would follow the same laws as other "MDC" palladium games.

Who ever said this was logical?

If you want to implement a later rule, go ahead.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Pro Munchy

Unread post by Pro Munchy »

Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:
captain_Killern wrote:As all palladium uses a "megaversal system" I think that logically that means robots and power armor would follow the same laws as other "MDC" palladium games.

Who ever said this was logical?

If you want to implement a later rule, go ahead.

I think he's looking for opinions & facts before he try and implement it to the GM :D

As this forum is a great source of opinion and information!
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

in that case, I will repeat what others have said.

the RT setting rules are different to try and capture the feel of the Robotech TV series.
if you compare all mecha info from rifts to RT you can see that RT is as fast but lighter on damage capacity. I would say this is because RT has less powerfull systems but lighter armor and thus the cyclone PS is a normal PS of 40.

the Robot strength is (a bandaid) for rifts, the lower power levels for RT do not warrent the same system.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

it's not just that it was made long ago, KS and PB had their chance to address the differences between RT and Rifts in Convertion book 1 and all they allowed was a bit more armour.

The whole of RT is different from Rifts in feel, the limited OCCs, the Skills all point towards a style of game. for Rifts it is different because they have had 100 years more technological development than in RT, which had 10 years to sort out some alien tech. then Rifts had the rifts so we got heavy MDC all over the place with magic and demons all over, not just as the main bad guys (like in fantacy) but as your common major menace.

I am also basing my view on statements made by Wayne (or was it eric :-? ) in these forums about the style and intent of RT.

So, I would say RT was meant to be less powerful than rifts.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

At this time I'd like to point out that as per page 4 of the Robotech RPG a PS of 24 or higher provides the same weight capacity as Supernatural Strength in Rifts (carry PSx50 lbs., lift PSx100 lbs.) which is twice as much as Rifts Robotic Strength anyway.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

captain_Killern wrote:1) If a new version of Robotech was released do you think that it would us Palladiums revised system, including robotic strength, -10 dodge, +2 attacks, New skills, etc. Or Keep the same outdated version of Palladium's system that you find currently in the robotech books.

2) If you saw the Listing of the Cyclone in a Rifts book, would you assume that the PS listed would be an Enhanced normal strength or a robotic strength.

3) Along the same line of questioning, when Mechanoids was released MDC did not exist. If a new version of the game comes out will it be MDC or SDC?

1) It would undoubtedly be updated. At this time though such a game likely won't be a Palladium product anyway.

2) Robotic, as per all Power Armor (even though that actually makes it weaker than its Robotech equivalent).

3) Supposedly Mechanoid Space (whenever it gets written) will be an SDC game with MDC conversions included.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

captain_Killern wrote:1) If a new version of Robotech was released do you think that it would us Palladiums revised system, including robotic strength, -10 dodge, +2 attacks, New skills, etc. Or Keep the same outdated version of Palladium's system that you find currently in the robotech books.

2) If you saw the Listing of the Cyclone in a Rifts book, would you assume that the PS listed would be an Enhanced normal strength or a robotic strength.

3) Along the same line of questioning, when Mechanoids was released MDC did not exist. If a new version of the game comes out will it be MDC or SDC?

1: Hard to say. As I said before, RT is light fast and anime, Rifts is heavy dark and evil. but chances are PB would cookie cut it into the current rift variant, it would depend on who did the work on the books.

2: rift s book? Robot strength.

3: I'd expect MDC.
Munchkin Cat Minion

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”