Veitech/Valkyrie Power armour

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hawkman1974
Newb

Veitech/Valkyrie Power armour

Unread post by Hawkman1974 »

Hi Guys
I am wondering if any of you have ever made power armour based on the various images of various women from Robotech/Macross wearing armour that looks like various VF mechs.
I am thinking to base their capabilities off the Flying Titan series of PA in Rifts.
I wanted to post an image but I was not sure we could on this system, as this is my first post here.
I guess I am the long time listener and first time caller ;)
Thanks for any help with this.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Veitech/Valkyrie Power armour

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Has made a NightSpawn that had a super VT morphus. In one session did the DS trench run down a city street while being pursued. (this was back when there was just the NS Core book and the NB core book.
And as per those books' suggestions, I made a few things up.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

most of those don't wear enough clothing underneath the various techie bits to count as body armor much less power armor. even the ones that aren't intended as mild ecchi products.

and you can't post an image that'll appear using image tags, but you can post links to where the image is hosted. just make sure you give the forum rules a quick read through to make sure anything you link doesn't fall under the prohibited types of content.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Has made a NightSpawn that had a super VT morphus. In one session did the DS trench run down a city street while being pursued. (this was back when there was just the NS Core book and the NB core book.
And as per those books' suggestions, I made a few things up.

8) Mecha-Morphus...If a table of generic mocha features hasn't been done in the Nightspawn section of these forums, it SHOULD be done.

And as to OP?
Power armor? No.
Super-powered being with mechanical features or a cyborg(partial with hook-on features or full-conversion, especially cyber humanoid, with appliqué mecha parts)? Entirely possible.
In fact, in my Shemarrian Nation thread, we have a fringe-tribe who has cyborg members, most female, who pattern their bionics after various anime mecha influences. :bandit:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Yeah, those wouldn't really work as powered armor unless you were able to detach your legs below the knee...
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Seto Kaiba wrote:Yeah, those wouldn't really work as powered armor unless you were able to detach your legs below the knee...

"Must be a double amputee to qualify for use of this equipment' is not a common disclaimer or promotional material for a power armor outfit.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

taalismn wrote:
Seto Kaiba wrote:Yeah, those wouldn't really work as powered armor unless you were able to detach your legs below the knee...

"Must be a double amputee to qualify for use of this equipment' is not a common disclaimer or promotional material for a power armor outfit.

Missing one or more limbs, but not ready to commit to cybernetic replacements?
You're in luck!
Be handicapped no more with our new Handi-Capable line of Power Armors and Robot Vehicles!
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”