vertical slots on the Ikazuchis: What are they?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Bamse
D-Bee
Comment: Once upon a time I started writing "Insurrection". No, it's not likely to be completed... still...

vertical slots on the Ikazuchis: What are they?

Unread post by Bamse »

Most Ikazuchis are shown with four vertical slots between the nose and the foremost hangar bunker. Any proof of what these are?
My newest pet theory is that they're about the right size for Horizon bunkers and could even have the right spacing for a Horizon to dock both its bunkers which are then taken mechanically into the bowels of the Ikazuchi.
Thoughts?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: vertical slots on the Ikazuchis: What are they?

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I don't think there is any proof on what they are. Most likely they are some type of "door" or "hatch" for the other mecha/craft the Ik is supposed to carry can use to deploy from (though personally I think the side launch approach favored by the Ik is a poor choice for aerospace craft, good for ground forces, but poor for aerospace forces)

I do not think they are properly positioned for Horizon bunker use. They are too close together, and the wrong shape (Ik details are clearly rectangles, the Horizon-T bunkers are more squarish).
Bamse
D-Bee
Comment: Once upon a time I started writing "Insurrection". No, it's not likely to be completed... still...

Unread post by Bamse »

I meant that the Horizon would land vertically on the side of the Ikazuchi. The Horizon bunker is, what, 8x30-ish meters, the rectangles aren't that disproportionate. They aren't a bad fit when comparing them to the size of the Alpha bunkers either. They could be too close together though. They need to be a Beta apart after all :-)
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Bamse wrote:Most Ikazuchis are shown with four vertical slots between the nose and the foremost hangar bunker. Any proof of what these are?

Just surface detail, I'm afraid... the size on the original design was too small for mecha, which I suppose would make it halfway likely they were docking ports for when the ship was resupplying in Mars orbit or on the moon.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

They could be hatches for allowing for rapid on/off loading of supplies?

They could be sensor panels of some sort

They could be 'go faster stripes'

They could be a hatch for a landing bay of some sort (not even necessarily for mecha but for, example, for some sort of hypothetical shuttle craft/pinnace)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”