Macross Search

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Macross Search

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

I am searching for the Official data on On the Zentran Flagship. I am trying to figure out its crew and mecha and other vehicles complements vs the Macross II rpg book.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: Macross Search

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:I am searching for the Official data on On the Zentran Flagship. I am trying to figure out its crew and mecha and other vehicles complements vs the Macross II rpg book.

That's all a bit vague, I'm afraid... most of the technical specs for the Zentradi Army warships in Macross are on the sparse side.

From the official summation of the Zentradi Army 118th Main Fleet's disposition in Macross: Perfect Memory, the 4,795,122 ship fleet should have a mean crew size of 1,500 or less. Probably much less, given that that count of 7,000,000,000 soldiers includes the staff of Boddole Zer's mothership, which was the size of a small moon and had several times the surface area of Japan in terms of crew spaces. The numbers offered by the RPG are pretty much ludicrous overestimations.

The closest I've seen to firm numbers come from a well-researched dojinshi series by the FANKY Publishing circle called Battleships of the Galaxy. Vol.3, which is actually the fourth in the series, is devoted to Zentradi Army warships. By their estimation, the TV series version of the Nupetiet Vergnitzs-class fleet command battleship used by the 118th Zentradi Army main fleet has 800-900 crew members and around 300-400 mecha pilots. That's broken down as 6-7 battalions of Regults (approximately 150-200 battle pods), 2-3 battalions of Gnerl dogfighter pods (50-80 pods), 2-3 battalions of battle suits (50-80 suits), a pair of shuttles, and 18-22 ancillary craft like salvage pods. (This is naturally reduced on the movie version with the heavy converging beam cannon).
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Re: Macross Search

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:I am searching for the Official data on On the Zentran Flagship. I am trying to figure out its crew and mecha and other vehicles complements vs the Macross II rpg book.

That's all a bit vague, I'm afraid... most of the technical specs for the Zentradi Army warships in Macross are on the sparse side.

From the official summation of the Zentradi Army 118th Main Fleet's disposition in Macross: Perfect Memory, the 4,795,122 ship fleet should have a mean crew size of 1,500 or less. Probably much less, given that that count of 7,000,000,000 soldiers includes the staff of Boddole Zer's mothership, which was the size of a small moon and had several times the surface area of Japan in terms of crew spaces. The numbers offered by the RPG are pretty much ludicrous overestimations.

The closest I've seen to firm numbers come from a well-researched dojinshi series by the FANKY Publishing circle called Battleships of the Galaxy. Vol.3, which is actually the fourth in the series, is devoted to Zentradi Army warships. By their estimation, the TV series version of the Nupetiet Vergnitzs-class fleet command battleship used by the 118th Zentradi Army main fleet has 800-900 crew members and around 300-400 mecha pilots. That's broken down as 6-7 battalions of Regults (approximately 150-200 battle pods), 2-3 battalions of Gnerl dogfighter pods (50-80 pods), 2-3 battalions of battle suits (50-80 suits), a pair of shuttles, and 18-22 ancillary craft like salvage pods. (This is naturally reduced on the movie version with the heavy converging beam cannon).

the game stats are way off in both macross and robotech. thanks
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”