Make it large: Full Size Masters Saga Book

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

tobefrnk
Adventurer

Make it large: Full Size Masters Saga Book

Unread post by tobefrnk »

Great news for those that wanted it. A full size Masters book is planned. Looks like new art will be added too.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: Make it large: Full Size Masters Saga Book

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Maybe This can get accomplished...
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=101241&start=50#p2880393
Colonel Wolfe wrote:The Art for the myrmidon shows a battiloid that doesn't match the other 2 modes of the mecha in question, Via some help I found the Art that matches the Tank/Transport mode.
This is the Current designs and art in the Master's Saga source book

This is theArt that matches the Transport mode and Tank mode....
Here's all 3 of them together...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Make it so! And include more ships!
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

IFoL Pollinator stats!!!
:lol: :D

Agrees with the Col. that the artwork needs to be fixed.
I too would like to see more ships. Maybe one that were to be in the RT Academy series. Maybe SpaceStation Liberty's stats too.

Maybe add in a "Special Human Abilities" table like the ones in the middle of the Lonestar book. The masters era is after the RoD and all the radioactive dust that threw up into the atmosphere. So the human baseline norms would of be changed. This would give the 3D6 rolled humans some access to Character that is not as extreme as the stats given in the Quick Rolls char stats.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Yay!!! All my books will be the same size now! Please more ships...
Wraithcannon
D-Bee
Comment: Life is like a box of chocolates, it doesn't last long for fat people.

Unread post by Wraithcannon »

Some errata to be address if the book is updated.

1. Pg. 54 Under the forest division it mentions a Firbolg mecha, change this to Dryad.
2. Pg. 55 It mentions a Naga mecha in the marsh division, change this to Triton.
3. Pg. 59 mentions the Minotaur mecha, change this to Unicorn.
4. Pg. 138 The last paragragh in the Triton mecha description talks about a short range ion mounted in the head and a weapon called the HIR-44 Pulse Ion Carbine, neither of which has stats.
5. Pg. 246 The Bioroid Terminator power armor mentions a camouflage ability, but no rules are presented.
6. Pg. 248 The Tr-LLR Mk.1 rifle describes a 4 shot grenade launcher, but no stats are given.

Rules could also be included for the anti-pain serum given to the Masters legionary conscripts in episode 59, and the Hover platforms and vehicles we see used by the Masters internal security forces inside the motherships. Also, add the Triumviroid Attack Drone.

Some pictures and links of the Masters vehicles:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

http://www.robotechresearch.com/picture ... s/out.html

http://robotechvisions.wikia.com/wiki/T ... tack_Drone
Last edited by Wraithcannon on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whomever said violence isn't a solution obviously wasn't using enough.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:IFoL Pollinator stats!!!
:lol: :D

Agrees with the Col. that the artwork needs to be fixed.
I too would like to see more ships. Maybe one that were to be in the RT Academy series. Maybe SpaceStation Liberty's stats too.

Maybe add in a "Special Human Abilities" table like the ones in the middle of the Lonestar book. The masters era is after the RoD and all the radioactive dust that threw up into the atmosphere. So the human baseline norms would of be changed. This would give the 3D6 rolled humans some access to Character that is not as extreme as the stats given in the Quick Rolls char stats.

Art work, yes. SSL it would be nice.

Robotech Academy stuff I think would be better situated in a UEEF Marines follow up book than Masters Saga.

The Special Human Abilities table, I don't think is needed or would have to be worked in as IIRC Genesis Pits (or NG) SB would seem to have that already covered. For the most part that is on the quick roll table IIRC in some form, though I do think it might be interesting to see something like that for all eras to roll for.

I do hope they fix the mecha though, there are plenty of issues that need to be addressed.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

:D
*@SL*
I was just voicing some suggestions. If you stay silent they don't know.

Mostly I will be glad that I can get the full sized book so all my books will fit nicely on the shelf.

This is the time to fix all the "stupid" mistakes that crept into the book.

I do hope if they ever reprint the Rifts Black Market book they fix the writing mistakes in the equipment texts. (yep, that was still on the subject of fixing stupid mistakes. Even if about a book from a different setting ;) )
Spoiler:
Mini Rant
A round is the total kit of projectile propellent, primer and casing. It Does Matter what you call it. If you just order the bullets, the projectiles, you only get that part that move out the front end of the barrel. No propellent ("gunpowder"), no primer, and no casing.
A mortar that shoots rockets is a Rocket Mortar. A rocket propelled mortar is one that the mortar uses rocket to move from firing position to firing position.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”