Robotech Crossover question

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Robotech Crossover question

Unread post by taalismn »

SRoss wrote:Kyle meets Thanatos - "Damn! you would be in the half that survived..." :nh:

Kyle : "Death...Is overrated..."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:Kyle meets Thanatos - "Damn! you would be in the half that survived..." :nh:

Charon: "Things are a lot faster since I installed this revolving door." :D
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Charon: "Things are a lot faster since I installed this revolving door." :D

It's more like a bowling ball return mechanism...or a self-loading tennis ball thrower...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Kyle meets the Regis -

Charon: "Sooo, what's it like being teleported into the Sun?"

Kyle: "It was that or Rock Her World, I'm good with my decision..."
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:Kyle meets the Regis -

Charon: "Sooo, what's it like being teleported into the Sun?"

Kyle: "It was that or Rock Her World, I'm good with my decision..."

Charon: "Shoo! Back over to Bloopers! You're canon to Robotech, not a crossover! Come on, git!"
Kyle: "I'm going, I'm going...say...can I hitch a ride with you over there, since you're heading that way already?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Count Du Money sat at the bar, bragging to Edwards when the two children arrived.

Gretel: "Mr. Du Money?" :D

Du Money: "That's Count dear."

At this point Edwards and everyone else in the bar climbed out the bathroom window... At the same time...

Hansel: "Anyway, Tenchi and Shinji hired us." :twisted:

Gretel: "They said you're to know fear..." :D

Hansel: "Then you're to know pain." :twisted:

Hansel & Gretel: "Then, we get to decide when you die." :demon:
taalismn
Priest

"Hello, Hotel Moscow? What's your rates for orphan exter-removal?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:"Hello, Hotel Moscow? What's your rates for orphan exter-removal?"

Balalaika: "If you have to ask yaponski, then you can't afford us." (Hangs up)
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Charon: (Looking at Edwards) "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU!?!" :shock:

Edwards: "About 30 of us were stuck halfway out the bathroom window, and the little SoBs set off the Daisy-cutters they planted outside..."
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:Charon: (Looking at Edwards) "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU!?!" :shock:

Edwards: "About 30 of us were stuck halfway out the bathroom window, and the little SoBs set off the Daisy-cutters they planted outside..."

Edwards: "Okay, guys, while we're waiting, I get dibs on the New York Times Crossword Puzzle."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
RobotechMaster
D-Bee
Location: Robotech Research Group, New Macross Defence Institute

Unread post by RobotechMaster »

OK. This is a real deal which I'm being working on for the past years. Given that current classic Robotech hung in the balance (with IP for SDF Macross / SDC Southern Cross / GC Mospeada slated to end / revised in 2021) or basically stands to be rebooted, and of course with Palladium losing the rights to Robotech RPG .... it is maybe hightime for fans to takeover the reins in expanding RT-verse, non-canonical ofcourse.

It is a daunting task, for me its more about how to incorporate several elements of RIFTS, 3 Galaxies and adapting the greater whole of SDC Orguss / Macross 0 / Macross II universe ported over to classic Robotech. Quite expansive endeavors.

Adaptation of Macross 0 basically to pad the Global Civil War - AUL connection on the early parts of Robotech: Macross Saga, RIFTS basically a part where UEEF marked its space colonisation projects and to pad Sentinels timeline, SDC Orguss is an attempt to introduced new Sentinel races while Macross II is basically covered classic Robotech Timeline from 2060ish - 2090s (yes, I am inclined to continue classic Robotech into Macross II verse).

On the issue of adaptation of 3 Galaxies, well its more of introducing elements of the aborted Robotech 3000 and turn it into a massive colonization efforts by combined UEG (Earth) - Allied Zentraedi - Tyrol - Praxis - Emaan (from Orguss) - Invid Solugi and Sentinels Confederation forces to explore new galaxies and the after effects of Robotechnology on the 3 Galaxies' socio-political scene once the colonisation Robotech armada arrived in-situ. Its scenario is more or less like Mass Effect: Andromeda kinda adventure.

I might opened a thread based on each scenario. Just feel the need to share this with you guys.
taalismn
Priest

RobotechMaster wrote:I might opened a thread based on each scenario. Just feel the need to share this with you guys.

Go for it. I value enthusiasm and hard work fandom, especially when somebody has an idea, develops it, and does it up proper.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

"In all your years of being a mecha pilot for the UEsG, Commander Langley, what was your most difficult mission?"
"Oddly enough, it was a giant flying vulture creature from an anti-matter galaxy."
"Indeed? How was it difficult?"
"Because it looked like it should have been easy. Go in , wait for the thing to show up and attack, and blast it out of the sky. Didn't help that the thing was the GOOFIEST-looking monster anybody had ever seen and had a ridiculous screech. Might have mistaken it for a kids' parade balloon, it was so funny-looking, But that damned thing was bloodthirsty and going after anything that moved on land or in the air.
Thing is, it was normal matter, but it could call up a field of anti-matter particles that did all sorts of crazy things with normal matter and radiation. Radar deflected around it, so it had natural stealth, and missiles and bullets disintegrated upon contact."
"What about energy weapons?"
"Thought that would work at first, but no go. Though we only learned that AFTER losing several feet of armor off our Neo-Evangelions and our dignity, after we'd told the locals how we were going to deal with their big bird problem."
"But you did find a way around it, right? Absolute Terror Field?"
"Almost, but all that did was bounce the bird around. No, it was the locals coming up with an isotopic poison that temporarily shorted out the field like a disruptor, long enough for us to get through and TOUCH the buzzard. Once the anti-matter stopped zinging, that giant thing was surprisingly easy to kill; regular missiles finished it off. Eva-scale cannon would have been overkill. Thing went down in that Earth analogue's Long Island Sound mostly intact. You can still see the thing; they hauled it out of the water and built what has to be the largest preservative tank in history; the local New York City Museum of Natural History's rightly proud of their giant facility and the 'Giant Claw' exhibit. Go see for yourself."
"Thank you, Commander Langley, I just may do that."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

"So what did you give the Alphans?"
"Only a do-it-yourself terraforming kit to supplement what they'd already reverse-engineered from various other sources, and enough Flower of Life seeds for a starting ecology. Nothing too overt; they'll think it's all just space detritus swept up on their lunar surface. They can do the rest."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

Hey folks. Yes, by all rights this is a necropost. I am aware of this.

I just wanted to thank everyone here for inspiring me to actually try my hand at fanfic writing. Since April, I've managed to put down (and post on AO3) 160,000 words over two story arcs, with a third arc in the planning stages. I honestly couldn't have done it without being here to dip my toes in the waters. Thank you all so much for the insipiration.
Kargan3033
Hero

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

wyrmraker wrote:Hey folks. Yes, by all rights this is a necropost. I am aware of this.

I just wanted to thank everyone here for inspiring me to actually try my hand at fanfic writing. Since April, I've managed to put down (and post on AO3) 160,000 words over two story arcs, with a third arc in the planning stages. I honestly couldn't have done it without being here to dip my toes in the waters. Thank you all so much for the insipiration.

Never heard of AO3 but I am interested into this story and would like some info on AO3, yes I know it's been some time since I was last here.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

Kargan3033 wrote:
wyrmraker wrote:Hey folks. Yes, by all rights this is a necropost. I am aware of this.

Never heard of AO3 but I am interested into this story and would like some info on AO3, yes I know it's been some time since I was last here.

archiveofourown.org is the alternative to fanfiction.net. It's a lot less toxic in the reviewers than ffnet, and (for me, anyways) a lot easier to post material. It doesn't hurt that they have their own spellcheck, of which of word processor lacks.
My story series is entitled Harry Potter - World Traveller, in case you're interested.
taalismn
Priest

You're most welcome. It's good to know our little garden boxes here have led to larger and more ambitious plantings.

It's good to have 'hotboxes' to test and hone your skills before going big, than to jump into fanfiction writing all-out and wiping out horribly. I've survived reading my share of bad and REALLY bad fanfiction that showed the writers thought it was actually easy to construct good fanfiction and not, as one writer put it "the simple matter of staring at a blank sheet of paper until blood starts running down your forehead".
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

The more that I think about it, the more I believe that Leonard would've mellowed out after meeting the EVA Pilots? Heck, he'd probably try and find a way to take them under his wing and teach them things.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:The more that I think about it, the more I believe that Leonard would've mellowed out after meeting the EVA Pilots? Heck, he'd probably try and find a way to take them under his wing and teach them things.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

I admit I used to think of him as the 'other baddy' of the Southern Cross arc because he looked like Vladimir Harkonen and seemed to enjoy gloating at screwing Emerson over.
The various extra media attached to Robotech have variously made him out to be at worst a xenophobic bigot saddled with obsessive ambition, a n ally of T.R, Edwards, and a glory0hungry Col, Blimp. Others have tried to moderate him as an angry career military man who seeks to control a world that's cost him so much(including family) and/or a misunderstood patriot who wasn't afraid to accept losses(this is part of why Ulysess S. Grant was arguably a better general than McClellan; theater was afraid for losing men and ultimately held out for a political solution late in the war, while Grant led his men to slaughter...but also victory). If Emerson had been in overall command of policy, Humanity likely would have lost the Second Robotech War thanks to his good intentions being no match for the Masters' treachery.

Leonard realistically is probably a bit of both; he wanted security for Earth, but also wasn't afraid of seizing the opportunity to advance his own fortunes. And while he by no means had a heart of gold, he wanted a disciplined military that did what it was supposed to do; fight.

In the Crossovers, I've downplayed Leonard's jerk-ness and given him an opportunity to be a hero by using his jerk strengths. Suddenly responsible for the security fo TWO Earths, he manages to pull strengths form both of them to save them both. And his political jerk-side allows him to spot Ikari Gendo's jerk-ness for what it is, and ultimately outmaneuver Gendo's own conspiracy web.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

All I'm saying, Taalismn, is that I could see him feeling sorry for the kids (as a parent if we go by the books), then taking them under his "wings" and showing them how to deal with certain situations that would break a normal person. At least when it comes to situations that their adopted families hadn't thought of.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:All I'm saying, Taalismn, is that I could see him feeling sorry for the kids (as a parent if we go by the books), then taking them under his "wings" and showing them how to deal with certain situations that would break a normal person. At least when it comes to situations that their adopted families hadn't thought of.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

Well, having 'Godfather Anatole' would be a plus to the EVA pilots, and amuse his personal staff, especially when they get sent or pass on an obvious Child-related mission/request/order with no other objective than to make the Pilots' lives easier.

"Kristof, tell Senator Moran I'm unable to attend his little political fundraiser and public relations event. I'm working on matters of vital importance. And on that note, Kritof, has the cabin been reserved and secured for the weekend? I'm taking the Children fishing."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Random thought: Should er add Kobiyashi's Dragon Maid (or even All-Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku) to the mix? They're both funny series that would be perfect fits to the comedy aspect. Just imagine, either Minmei or Lisa being (or having Touhru as her/their maid? Side note: if you haven't watched the series, I suggest that you do if you love a good laugh.
taalismn
Priest

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Random thought: Should er add Kobiyashi's Dragon Maid (or even All-Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku) to the mix? They're both funny series that would be perfect fits to the comedy aspect. Just imagine, either Minmei or Lisa being (or having Touhru as her/their maid? Side note: if you haven't watched the series, I suggest that you do if you love a good laugh.

Unfamiliar with the first, but I know the second.

Now the intro mechanism might need some work...So do we use canon with dimensional crossover(example: Nuku Nuku's world gets visited by the d-hopping SDF-3), or reboot in continuum(example: Nuku Nuku is the result of a UEsG-sponsored cyborg or android program gone awry)?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

I think I've figured out a way to connect the Robotech and Macross franchise Universes with somewhat ease. Since it's TECHNICALLY a crossover between 2 universes that PB owned, I figured that I'd post it here (minus the stats, obviously) since this is where crossovers go.

Alright, so, if everyone remembers (I hope), in the Shadow Chronicles the SDF-3 gets sucked into a Black Hole during the events of the movie. So, lets say that the Black Hole that the SDF-3 was "sucked into" was actually a White Hole that connected to another separate universe instead of the same universe that the Robotech Timeline took place. Not only was it a White Hole/Portal that transferred between/through time, during which, some of the people on the ship were killed/died during transit. Now, if we go with that line of thinking, the SDF=3 was transported/transferred into the Macross Franchise Universe, but instead of being in the "current", and I'm using this VERY loosely, the SDF-3 was somehow transported to Earth, which they pretty much recognize almost instantly, about 500,000 years into the past. Due to the gravity well of the aforementioned Black Hole/Portal, the SDF-3 was severely damaged and they had to abandon into on either the dark-side of the moon or on one of the moons orbiting Jupiter and somehow land in shuttle on the primitive Macross Earth.
Over time, the population that had landed on the surface managed to disassemble the shuttles in order to survive., But at the same time, they lost the various aspects of knowledge that made them "Robotechers/RDF".
During this time, a number of groups of Masters, Zentradi, and the Invid (either led by or seperated from the Regess) found other Black Holes/Worm Holes/Spacial Portals/Time Portals that led to the Macross Universe at different time period (I'll leave that up to you good folks as to what "Years/Mallenium" that they show up at).
As to the events of the Macross Franchise Universe, they still pretty much play out the same as before, with the same characters (except they don't remember what happened before in the Robotech Universe (since it's been 500,000 years since landing and populating this new/(old?) Universe.
Now, as to the groups:

The Earthlings/Mankind/Micronians: They remain the same as noted in the Macross universe. The main difference is that they take on the names from the Macross Universe.

The Zentraedi: They eventually become the Zentran and Meltran as noted in the Macross Universe.

The Masters: I'd like to think that they split into 2 different groups. The first group becomes the Maduke as seen in the Macross 2 Series, where they develop the Zentran/Meltran. They also, eventually develop, over time, the Protodeviln from Macross 7.
The Second group of Master land on the planet of Windermere. While there they develop a separate culture from Marduk. Although, due to environmental constraints, their biology changes and their lifespan shortens. Over time, they, like the Marduk, forget that their race/species were the Masters.

The Invid: They would eventually become the Vajira as seen in the Macross Frontier series.

As to Further connect them, we can say that after the events of the Shadow Chronicles, Scott Bernard and Co, could find the Black Hole/Portal and travel to the Macross universe where they end up at the end of the events of Macross Delta and make contact with the varioss groups to look for the SDF-3. I'd like to think that they'd eventually finds the SDF-3 and start to figure out what happened.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

For a second there I thought the SDF crew was going to become the 'Protocultures' of Macross.

Though semantically -all- the groups that flipped back in space/time are the proto-cultures of the emergent modern-era Macross groups.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

That's what I going for, I thought it made some sense. Especially when it came to the ancient "city" that was seen iafter the destruction of the Grand Canon and the Planetary Zentran/Meltran attack n the Macross: DYRL movie. Plus, when it came to the Zentraedi who had joined the RDF, it'd help explain that worlds stories of Giants.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

there was actually a bit of fanfic to that end by Stan Bundy.. his site no longer seems ot exist, but the wayback machine has a copy: The Manifestation of Destinies: A Superdimensional Fortress Macross/Robotech meta-crossover, By Stanley S. Bundy

its not entirely "the SDF-3 becomes the origin of the protoculture" but it does have an interesting dynamic. it was written long before shadow chronicles though.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
killgore444
Wanderer
Comment: Brains are of little value to a warrior if they are no longer contained in his broken skull.

Unread post by killgore444 »

It's actually rather easy to add Robotech to any of the other PB's settings. At least if you have the book "The End of the Line" which, before Shadow Chronicles, was supposed to be the last Robotech story published. In it, the SDF-3 misjump into a world/dimension of sand and mist. EXACTLY like the middle layer of the Astral Plane as described in 'Nightbane-World Book-1-Between-The-Shadows'.
At this point, you can just have them meet other travelers in the Astral, great if you want to do a NB/RT cross.

My own game I GM'd, I had them end up on Rifts Earth in San Fransisco, the GoldenGATE bridge being a set of 2 major nexus of ley lines like the Devils gate expect there are 2 right next to each other in the bay. And when they built the bridge, they not only followed 1 of them for the roadway, on each of 2 the nexus, they built a support/tower which had 2 arches/gates each. So LOT's of gates formed. But unlike the Devils gate, it's somewhat less likely to link to a hell dimension.

In a game I was a player in, way back when, I was running a wizard from PF who was on RT Earth and ended up playing through the Return of the Masters adventure. Long story short, I ruined the GM's planed adventure when I cast a spell that made GS-95 fall permanently in love with my character (forgot the name of the spell, it's been purged from PB, it had a percentage roll after duration ended, chance of permanence without the jealousy in original version) and a little Telemechanics from another PC. Long story short, we ended up sending the masters to a prison dimension we found and the factory ended up in it's own "Little" dimension and we set up our own interdimensional arms company (Jeweled Dog Armaments -"The only EARTH based Interdimensional Arms company operating on Earth.") Set up headquarters in Kingsdale after our GM picked up the Juicer Uprising. The CS ended up going against about a million micronized Zendredi in cheap knock offs of their own gear, PLUS the Juicer Army. The Cs got banished from Arkansas, most of Missouri, southern Illinois, eastern Kansas and Oklahoma and parts of east Texas. :D

In most of my Rifts games I run, I use the SDF-3 landing in SF, and a VERY toned down version of JD Armaments (it was just one of many reasons for the CS/Tolkien stalemate). They DID however, make contact with the Iron Heart Avengers and basically absorb them and start producing all of their products (GS95 improved versions to boot). :lol:

I've also crossed RT with HU rather easily. The Protoculture (used like the 1st ed RT) allowed superpowers to work with/through PC powered mecha (as if they were under the effects of Bio-Aura[but that wasn't yet introduced when I did this]). So yes, your mech could grow stronger and heal if you had PS powers and/or the Healing Factor.
History is where we look to for answers and guidance. History explains who we are, where we came from, and everything about our world. History is full of lies.
"Changing history to suit your purposes has a long and successful history."
taalismn
Priest

killgore444 wrote:
I've also crossed RT with HU rather easily. The Protoculture (used like the 1st ed RT) allowed superpowers to work with/through PC powered mecha (as if they were under the effects of Bio-Aura[but that wasn't yet introduced when I did this]). So yes, your mech could grow stronger and heal if you had PS powers and/or the Healing Factor.

Hey, Protoculture-induced supernutants...or take the Flower of Life as a symbiote. :P

"After accidentally imbibing a smoothie made with fruit of the Flower of Life and found in a near-catatonic state by his wife, our hero Scott Bernard-"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

Don't forget that the Regess was creating cyborgs.
killgore444
Wanderer
Comment: Brains are of little value to a warrior if they are no longer contained in his broken skull.

dataweaver wrote:Don't forget that the Regess was creating cyborgs.

OHHH!!!
Full conversion borgs that can still cast spells or use psionics! :angel: :demon:
History is where we look to for answers and guidance. History explains who we are, where we came from, and everything about our world. History is full of lies.
killgore444
Wanderer

killgore444 wrote:Long story short, I ruined the GM's planed adventure when I cast a spell that made GS-95 fall permanently in love with my character (forgot the name of the spell, it's been purged from PB,

Love Charm, 7th level spell. It hasn't been purged like I thought, just nerfed and much more likely to lead to severe negative repercussions. It's also higher level than I remember (which is why I couldn't find it, was looking 5th and under), but not sure if they changed that, I was 10th or 11th level at the time.

taalismn wrote:Hey, Protoculture-induced supernutants...or take the Flower of Life as a symbiote. :P

"After accidentally imbibing a smoothie made with fruit of the Flower of Life and found in a near-catatonic state by his wife, our hero Scott Bernard-"

Gains both the powers of Growth and Shrink. He can now enlarge his Alpha to over 100' tall, or shrink it down to a mere 1" (but mass remains unchanged while shrunk, and speed goes from 2,568 MPH (mach 2.3), to 1,434 MPH (or mach 1.88) allowing him to fly through the library at faster then the speed of sound. :angel:
I always wanted to race jets through a inhabited building. :bandit:
taalismn
Priest

killgore444 wrote:[
Gains both the powers of Growth and Shrink. He can now enlarge his Alpha to over 100' tall, or shrink it down to a mere 1" (but mass remains unchanged while shrunk, and speed goes from 2,568 MPH (mach 2.3), to 1,434 MPH (or mach 1.88) allowing him to fly through the library at faster then the speed of sound. :angel:

Not if the Librarian has any say about it, young man!
Ook.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

so how would the robotech-eva-kitchen sink version of the UEDF handle the Legendary Films Monsterverse? (Monarch, skull island, hollow earth, kong, godzilla, mothra etc?)

alternately.. the worlds of Godzilla: Singular Point or that of the Godzilla Anime? (Planet of the Monsters, City on the Edge of Battle, and The Planet Eater)
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

There was a fan fiction ("Leviathan') that crossed over Evangelion, Ultraman, and the Kajuiverse....It's undergoing rewrite, but the first run had an episode set on Skull Island and had a climatic battle of Unit02, Ultraman and Godzilla back to back fighting various monsters(The Ymir also showed up as an initially misunderstood good guy).

But I'd see the UEsG mounting a Monster Island -stye containment operation, maybe spin off a new Army(the W'Wardens'?) to manage it.....with stuff like improved Jet-Alones to stand watch.
The Inner Earth would be an exploration effort, if only to make sure any opposition forces didn't try to colonize/exploit it(those crazy hollow-earth Nazis!).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

i suspect that Lang, the former NERV scientists, and other eggheads would just love to investigate the Singular point and 'archetype' phenomenon in G:SP.. i mean, not only the ability to predict the future to a limited degree, but the ability to exploit the many worlds aspect of quantum reality to find correct solutions instantaneously? (at least, when the system is working and not being derailed by destructive interference from other singular points..)

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
killgore444
Wanderer

taalismn wrote:

Not if the Librarian has any say about it, young man!
Ook.

It gets even better if you're playing a game that allows you to grow (which increases your mass, speed, strength and damage capacity) and then, instead of switching that power off and returning to normal size, you use the shrink (mass unchanged) power directly and become a 6 inch long bullet weighing in at over 50 tons and flying at mach 5.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
taalismn
Priest

It gets even better if you're playing a game that allows you to grow (which increases your mass, speed, strength and damage capacity) and then, instead of switching that power off and returning to normal size, you use the shrink (mass unchanged) power directly and become a 6 inch long bullet weighing in at over 50 tons and flying at mach 5.

Or just land on somebody's shoulder.
50 ton gnat annoyance?
More like sudden CRUSH.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
killgore444
Wanderer

taalismn wrote:

Or just land on somebody's shoulder.
50 ton gnat annoyance?
More like sudden CRUSH.

Where's the fun in that. Flying through someone makes a much bigger splatter than simply landing on them. Besides, I just really find the idea of tiny jets flying around inside buildings hilarious. Especially some of the really built up warehouses I've seen with storage racks 50 ft high and stacks of containers almost as high. Your flying around trying to thread the needle between a skid of canned soup and the rack structure 30ft up. :lol:

Of course if you're going mach 5, even if by some miracle you could see it in enough time to turn, the over pressure wave from braking the sound barrier is going to be leaving a LOT of damage in your wake. :badbad: :thwak:

Of course, having the power of Body Weapons might make an interesting choice for a Veritech pilot as well. What about Wingless flight? Would using your power at the same time as your jets do anything? I mean, you'd be less dependent on pressure/lift from wings, and you'd be using your power to somewhat aid/offset turn radius. What do you think?

Intangibility would be a good one as well, since RADAR waves would go right through you just like it would smoke and mist. What about Lycanthropy or any animal form powers? Would it be worth it to take the Spin at High Velocity or the Stretching powers just to see the looks on the faces of Zendredi as you blow through their ship?

What about Zendredi themselves, can they get powers as well. Imagine a 1st edition Breeti if he gained a power were all of his SDC and HPs was converted to MDC on a point for point basis and then combine it with the growth power and/or supernatural strength. In one of my Rifts games, one of the girls playing played a 1st ed zendredi simply so the LLW could cast the spell Giant on her. She had a blast. :eek:
taalismn
Priest

killgore444 wrote:[. In one of my Rifts games, one of the girls playing played a 1st ed zendredi simply so the LLW could cast the spell Giant on her. She had a blast. :eek:

Khyron(looking up. WAY up) "Okay, that's just WRONG."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

killgore444 wrote:What about Zendredi themselves, can they get powers as well. Imagine a 1st edition Breeti if he gained a power were all of his SDC and HPs was converted to MDC on a point for point basis and then combine it with the growth power and/or supernatural strength. In one of my Rifts games, one of the girls playing played a 1st ed zendredi simply so the LLW could cast the spell Giant on her. She had a blast. :eek:

A 1E Zentreadi Officer at giant size would make an absolute terror as a Mage due to their SDC and PE modifiers from normal size.

For example a Rifts (RMB) LLW at Level 1 starts with 2d4x10+20 +PE attribute number. A 1E Officer at giant size would have a PE of 4d6x100 for male (female is 3d6x100). Their baseline SDC would be multiplied by 100 at giant size (short hand would be 1SDC =1 MDC instead of multiplying by 100).

That means you're looking at an average of 1400 for the PE attribute as a giant which means an average of 1,470 PPE at level 1 (a bit front loaded) for a male (1,070 for females, even more if a male High Officer). IINM you could basically cast just about any spell in Palladium (there are two exceptions I know of off hand) without needing a secondary PPE source(s). And because of the SDC being modified as a giant, they can produce 16x Golems for each point of SDC they would have as a micronian. They could also sling offensive combat spells like no other I would suspect.
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

ShadowLogan wrote:
killgore444 wrote:What about Zendredi themselves, can they get powers as well. Imagine a 1st edition Breeti if he gained a power were all of his SDC and HPs was converted to MDC on a point for point basis and then combine it with the growth power and/or supernatural strength. In one of my Rifts games, one of the girls playing played a 1st ed zendredi simply so the LLW could cast the spell Giant on her. She had a blast. :eek:

A 1E Zentreadi Officer at giant size would make an absolute terror as a Mage due to their SDC and PE modifiers from normal size.

For example a Rifts (RMB) LLW at Level 1 starts with 2d4x10+20 +PE attribute number. A 1E Officer at giant size would have a PE of 4d6x100 for male (female is 3d6x100). Their baseline SDC would be multiplied by 100 at giant size (short hand would be 1SDC =1 MDC instead of multiplying by 100).

That means you're looking at an average of 1400 for the PE attribute as a giant which means an average of 1,470 PPE at level 1 (a bit front loaded) for a male (1,070 for females, even more if a male High Officer). IINM you could basically cast just about any spell in Palladium (there are two exceptions I know of off hand) without needing a secondary PPE source(s). And because of the SDC being modified as a giant, they can produce 16x Golems for each point of SDC they would have as a micronian. They could also sling offensive combat spells like no other I would suspect.

Wouldn't the cost for spells go up as well? If they cast healing on a human it'd cost X amount but on another giant Xx100?
killgore444
Wanderer

taalismn wrote:
killgore444 wrote:[. In one of my Rifts games, one of the girls playing played a 1st ed zendredi simply so the LLW could cast the spell Giant on her. She had a blast. :eek:

Khyron(looking up. WAY up) "Okay, that's just WRONG."

Why, she only gained 10ft in height? Now having the major superpower of Growth however (or Force Fields)...
It was her SDC/HPs tripling and becoming MDC on a point for point basis and her strength of 3,000 becoming 4,500 supernatural that was the big thing. I literally had to come up with completely new house rules for expanded strength for her. Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if crossover questions like this are exactly the reason why PBs made Zendredi MDC in 2nd ed?

Even funnier, she wanted to play her as a juicer.

ShadowLogan wrote:A 1E Zentreadi Officer at giant size would make an absolute terror as a Mage due to their SDC and PE modifiers from normal size.

Strangely, I've never had anyone who was interested in playing a Zendredi interested in playing a spell caster or psychic. Not sure why, that was literally the first thing I thought about when the idea of doing a crossover HU/RT came up in our group.

One of those players however, did have to be rescued from a cult planning on sacrificing him.

Sambot wrote:Wouldn't the cost for spells go up as well? If they cast healing on a human it'd cost X amount but on another giant Xx100?

Why would the cost go up?
Most spells have a set benefit, and that's it. A heal spell heals the exact same amount when cast (within the limits of dice rolls). If it heals 2d6 damage, the amount healed wouldn't increase, no matter how little it is comparison to how much damage needs to be healed, so why should the PPE cost. You just have to cast it a lot more.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Sambot wrote:Wouldn't the cost for spells go up as well? If they cast healing on a human it'd cost X amount but on another giant Xx100?

No. Spells in Palladium have a fixed cost for a fixed performance (which could be influenced by level) and have nothing to do with the size of the caster. If Splyn (Splugorth ruler of Atlantis on Rifts Earth who is an AI and is IINM more massive than a giant Zenteradi) casts Firebolt it costs the same PPE and has the same performance as if a human LLW cast it (and level doesn't matter here for performance).
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

killgore444 wrote:

Why would the cost go up?
Most spells have a set benefit, and that's it. A heal spell heals the exact same amount when cast (within the limits of dice rolls). If it heals 2d6 damage, the amount healed wouldn't increase, no matter how little it is comparison to how much damage needs to be healed, so why should the PPE cost. You just have to cast it a lot more.

ShadowLogan wrote:

No. Spells in Palladium have a fixed cost for a fixed performance (which could be influenced by level) and have nothing to do with the size of the caster. If Splyn (Splugorth ruler of Atlantis on Rifts Earth who is an AI and is IINM more massive than a giant Zenteradi) casts Firebolt it costs the same PPE and has the same performance as if a human LLW cast it (and level doesn't matter here for performance).

So if a Human and Zentraedi both broke their legs, a full sized Zentraedi Mage could heal the Human faster because they have less SDC to heal?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

by the book, yes. if the healing is tied to SDC replenishment rather than just having wording saying they're restored.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
killgore444
Wanderer

glitterboy2098 wrote:by the book, yes. if the healing is tied to SDC replenishment rather than just having wording saying they're restored.

And in the cases that it isn't tied to SDC/MDC recovery, then it likely already works the same if you're casting it on an Amorph, Human, Titan or even Splugurth. So it affecting a Zendredi is no real big deal.
taalismn
Priest

ShadowLogan wrote:[

Damn...and I was so looking forward to killing a Robotech Masters corvette with a one hundred ft wide ball of ice....

Karno would be VERY surprised.... :shock:

(Actually I don't think Karno ever led a field team/group outside the mothership...he and his triumvirate brothers were sort of the snotty arrogant inner circle elite guard the Robotech Masters kept by their front doors, and lacked the experience of veteran experienced front line grunts. Admittedly, his abuse of Zor late in the arc showed he could set up traps, but he lined up his bioroids out in the open without cover so when Dana showed up, she shot them down like shooting gallery ducks...)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
killgore444
Wanderer

I've only ever seen a couple of episodes. I've never really gotten into the whole Japanese mecha animation as programs, to much stuff like the power of music shall sway them from their evil course type stuff. It worked the first time, but by the eleventh... I love the games based on them though, and the book series was very good. Although I consider the book "The End of the Line' to be the official end of Robotech. I watched the first DVD of Shadow Chronicles and was NOT impressed.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”