Phase World Race mixxed with Rifts Earth OCC

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Battle_Magi
D-Bee

Phase World Race mixxed with Rifts Earth OCC

Unread post by Battle_Magi »

Yes, yet another question for your opinions.

Could you mix a Silhouette Race out of Phase World with a Mystic Knight? If so, would the Silhouette's penalties for light disappear?

And again with one more question, do you include the magic abilities as the race abilities or is that just the RCC

Comments?
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

The Silhouette is a RCC and does not have the choice of selecting an OCC.
Battle_Magi
D-Bee

Ok.

...and if the character became a Mystic Knight through game play?[/quote]
Battle_Magi
D-Bee

Thanks for the insight, Gadrin
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Silhouettes are an RCC with no OCC choices.

No.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Mindcrime wrote:The Silhouette is a RCC and does not have the choice of selecting an OCC.
More minimalist thinking IMO.

For the record, Battle_Magi, the Silhouette R.C.C. doesnt have a "None" for O.C.C. Selection in its R.C.C. Description, it doesn't have anything, yes or no, for its Available O.C.Cs.

IF you think along Doom's Lines, don't pick that O.C.C.

IF you think along my Lines, then pick any O.C.C. that "fits" the Silhouette, including this Mystic Knight O.C.C. that you're thinking of, and then check with your GM to see if (s)he allows it.

Don't get sidetracked on our Arguments for or against RCC/OCC Pairings/Multi-classings, because the two Sides will probably NEVER agree....just talk it over with your GM and/or other folks in these Forums who respond to this Thread and that are of like mind....

By the way, there is NOTHING in the Mystic Knight Description that prohibits a Silhouette from becoming one........
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Silhouettes do not get an OCC and any other ruling would not be canon. It's really that simple.
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Indeed :|
Dr. Doom III
Knight

John Kronus wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:Silhouettes do not get an OCC and any other ruling would not be canon. It's really that simple.

Ok so that bring us to a new question ... Does he want the right answer [i.e. canon rules] or does he want an answer that is a little more forgiving then the Core Canon rules [i.e. House Rules] ??

There only one person who can answer that !!

:lol:

That would be Doom :)

When someone asks if they can do something they want the canon rule answer since everyone knows that you can if you just ignore the rules.
Like Corny. :P
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Mindcrime wrote:Silhouettes do not get an OCC and any other ruling would not be canon. It's really that simple.
Book and Page Number, please.....

Really.

And as soon as you find THAT one, I'll smack down your weak Response with an even Better one....

Good Luck!!

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:

Really.

And as soon as you find THAT one, I'll smack down your weak Response with an even Better one....

Good Luck!!

It has been noted several times that some RCCs can select OCCs and some can't. All RCCs that can select OCCs are noted as such.

Look at Phaseworld. Space Wolfen, Noro, Kreeghor, and Seljuk are all listed as RCCs and none have RCC skills, other skills, and secondary skill lists, and it is noted in their description that they can take an OCC.

Phantoms, Draconoids, True Naruni, Machine People, Silhouettes, Pleasurers, and Catyrs are all listed as RCCs and all have RCC skill, other skills, and secondary skill lists, and none say that they can take an OCC.

It's logical deduction.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Really.

Good Luck!!

It has been noted several times that some RCCs can select OCCs and some can't. All RCCs that can select OCCs are noted as such.
Go read your Rifts: Conversion Book One [Revised], page 40 or so.

I'm paraphrasing it (not at home right now) by telling it you that it says that ANY Creature that can meet the Requirements of a given O.C.C. can take it if their home/place of birth is in the same locale and if they are born in that locale, even if their Parents are originally from somewhere else with a different OCC.

Therefore:

Silhouette who grew up on Phase World, "can't" be a Mystic Knight; however KS implies that if they go to Earth, for example, they might, under certain circumstances, take up a similar OCC (or its equivalent) to the one they had on their Homeworld/Home Dimension.

Second-generation Silhouette offspring, born on Earth -or who grew up there -can potentially be ANY O.C.C. that it can "fit," in much the same way that Children from other Countries do in Real life, no matter what Skills their Parents had from the Old Country....

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:I'm paraphrasing it (not at home right now) by telling it you that it says that ANY Creature that can meet the Requirements of a given O.C.C. can take it if their home/place of birth is in the same locale and if they are born in that locale, even if their Parents are originally from somewhere else with a different OCC..

And the most important requirement for all OCCs is being able to take an OCC in the first place.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

cornholioprime wrote:Go read your Rifts: Conversion Book One [Revised], page 40 or so.

I'm paraphrasing it (not at home right now) by telling it you that it says that ANY Creature that can meet the Requirements of a given O.C.C. can take it if their home/place of birth is in the same locale and if they are born in that locale, even if their Parents are originally from somewhere else with a different OCC.

A different OCC.

Therefore:

It's irrelevant to RCCs.

It’s clearly talking about races coming for other places like Elves. After they have been on Rifts Earth they no longer have to take Palladium classes.
-George Orwell
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
I'm paraphrasing it (not at home right now) by telling it you that it says that ANY Creature that can meet the Requirements of a given O.C.C. can take it if their home/place of birth is in the same locale and if they are born in that locale, even if their Parents are originally from somewhere else with a different OCC..

And the most important requirement for all OCCs is being able to take an OCC in the first place.
Good.

NOW you can tell the rest of us where it SPECIFICALLY says that RCCs absolutely CANNOT take OCCs if none are listed. And do everyone a favor and refrain from using the RMB Statement "One R.C.C. or One O.C.C." because that has clearly been superseded in later Books.

You see, the Authors apparently disagree with you.

If we were supposed to AUTOMATICALLY assume that RCCs without OCC Listings could take NO other O.C.Cs, then the Authors wouldn't have had a need to tag many R.C.C.s with the Phrase "O.C.C: None," now would they???

(Yes, I am aware that there are also many RCCs that have the Descriptor "O.C.C: Any," but I'm not the one taking a knee-jerk, "Just-say-No" Approach to everything I see. I'm evaluating any RCC that I see on a Case-by-Case Basis if there is not a "None" or "Any" Descriptor or Flavor Text that says that RCC "X" is limited to [fill in OCCs here])...

Dr. Doom III
Knight

cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
I'm paraphrasing it (not at home right now) by telling it you that it says that ANY Creature that can meet the Requirements of a given O.C.C. can take it if their home/place of birth is in the same locale and if they are born in that locale, even if their Parents are originally from somewhere else with a different OCC..

Good.

NOW you can tell the rest of us where it SPECIFICALLY says that RCCs absolutely CANNOT take OCCs if none are listed. And do everyone a favor and refrain from using the RMB Statement "One R.C.C. or One O.C.C." because that has clearly been superseded in later Books.

If we were supposed to AUTOMATICALLY assume that RCCs without OCC Listings could take NO other O.C.Cs, then the Authors wouldn't have had a need to tag many R.C.C.s with the Phrase "O.C.C: None," now would they???

(Yes, I am aware that there are also many RCCs that have the Descriptor "O.C.C: Any," but I'm not the one taking a knee-jerk, "Just-say-No" Approach to everything I see. I'm evaluating any RCC that I see on a Case-by-Case Basis if there is not a "None" or "Any" Descriptor or Flavor Text that says that RCC "X" is limited to [fill in OCCs here])...

One R.C.C. or One O.C.C. :P
-George Orwell
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Dr. Doom v.3.1.4 wrote:It’s clearly talking about races coming for other places like Elves. After they have been on Rifts Earth they no longer have to take Palladium classes.
:rolleyes:

Back to Rifts: Conversion Book One [Revised], Pages 39-40:

Page 39: "..The different Races/Monsters/Characters from other Palladium Books Role-playing Games can be used as a new Character with a Rifts O.C.C!!!

AND

Page 40: "D-Bee Children born on Rifts Earth are a product of their Environment just as we are products of our contemporary Earth."

AND

Page 40: "...thus they will be City Rats, Rogue Scientists, Juicers.....just like any Human Character."

AND

Page 40: "The only Restriction may be O.C.C. Attributes requirements that are impossible to attain, because of Racial Attribute Limitations such as low I.Q, P.P., etc."

There are approximately 350-400 different Races/RCCs in the Rifts Books, including the Conversion Books.

The VAST majority of them are R.C.C.s; there are maybe 20-30 Races in all of Rifts as far as I can tell.

KEVIN, not I, says that any Creature for whom Rifts Earth (and therefore by logical extension ANY Game Setting/Locale) is home can take ANY local O.C.C. that "fits" it. Since the vast majority of Creatures in Rifts are RCCs, seems as if RCCs can pick OCCs to me, Mindcrime's assertions to the contrary notwithstanding.

And KEVIN, not I, says (on Page 277 of the Rifts Game Masters Guide) that if you have a given R.C.C., then you have to read its RCC Description to see if the RCC in question can have an OCC as well. As in, "At the same time."

He says "You read the Description and see if it's possible. If you're not sure, talk to your GM -and get pemission from him/her to introduce the gestalt Character in the first place."

He doesn't say, "Automatically say 'yes they can,' " nor does he say, "Automatically say 'no they can't.' "

And he sure as Sheol doesn't say "Doom's 'just-say-no' Rules are automatically in effect if there's nothing specific printed there...."

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Dr. Doom v.3.1.4 wrote:One R.C.C. or One O.C.C. :P
**yawn**

Since Multi-Classing is allowed in Rifts under certain conditions as of the present day, I'm afraid that your insistence on Rules that KS published in the RMB (1st printing: 1983!!) bears very little weight as an Argument...

But, whatever lifts your leg.....

Dr. Doom III
Knight

cornholioprime wrote:**yawn**

Since Multi-Classing is allowed in Rifts under certain conditions as of the present day, I'm afraid that your insistence on Rules that KS published in the RMB (1st printing: 1983!!) bears very little weight as an Argument...

Show me in any multi-classing rules where it talks about RCCs.

Oh and about all your quotes in the last post.
None of them mention RCCs either.
Just races.

Page 39: "..The different Races/Monsters/Characters from other Palladium Books Role-playing Games can be used as a new Character with a Rifts O.C.C!!!

Races.

Page 40: "D-Bee Children born on Rifts Earth are a product of their Environment just as we are products of our contemporary Earth."

D-bees

Page 40: "...thus they will be City Rats, Rogue Scientists, Juicers.....just like any Human Character."

Just like humans. There is no Human RCC.

Page 40: "The only Restriction may be O.C.C. Attributes requirements that are impossible to attain, because of Racial Attribute Limitations such as low I.Q, P.P., etc."

Since they are talking about races what's your point?

An RCC is a Racial Character Class.
All members of that race are that Character Class unless it says otherwise.
There are no City Rat Dragons because they were hatched on Rifts Earth.

House rule it however you want but please don't try to pass it off as fact here.
-George Orwell
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Dr. Doom v.3.1.4 wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:**yawn**

Show me in any multi-classing rules where it talks about RCCs.

Oh and about all your quotes in the last post.
None of them mention RCCs either.
Just races.

Races.

D-bees

Just like humans. There is no Human RCC.

Since they are talking about races what's your point?

An RCC is a Racial Character Class.
All members of that race are that Character Class unless it says otherwise.
There are no City Rat Dragons because they were hatched on Rifts Earth.

House rule it however you want but please don't try to pass it off as fact here.
WHERE does it say, SPECIFICALLY, that KS is talking ONLY about Races??

Book and Page Number, please.

In fact, Kevin's Article explicitly implies that the 'ability' to take Rifts OCCs applies to ANY Creature from ANYWHERE that is born on/makes Rifts Earth their home.

And RCCs ALSO have Racial Restrictions, do they not??

I noticed that you CONVENIENTLY left out the Quote that KS gave us from the GMG regarding RCCs and Multi-Classing.

Cute.

Wow.

Since I'm actually Quoting and you're just saying, it sems that you are the one who needs to stop presenting your own House Rules as 'fact'.....

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Ishtirru wrote:
Dr. Doom v.3.1.4 wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Good.

One R.C.C. or One O.C.C. :P

Doom. Stop posting spam. For one example, go to page 104 of Rifts Conversion Book One: Revised Edition.
Quillback R.C.C.
Then go to the O.C.C. choices UNDER the R.C.C.

That's a special feature included in the RCC.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Ishtirru wrote:Doom. Stop posting spam. For one example, go to page 104 of Rifts Conversion Book One: Revised Edition.
Quillback R.C.C.
Then go to the O.C.C. choices UNDER the R.C.C.

Please don't post unless you know what you're getting into and the positions of the people you are talking to.

Read my posts and then get back to me if you still want to.
-George Orwell
Dr. Doom III
Knight

cornholioprime wrote:And KEVIN, not I, says (on Page 277 of the Rifts Game Masters Guide) that if you have a given R.C.C., then you have to read its RCC Description to see if the RCC in question can have an OCC as well. As in, "At the same time."

Apparently you didn't read it either.
Since it backs what I'm saying I doubt you would have mentioned it.

"When selecting an RCC, be sure to read it's description carefully to see if other OCC selections are permitted."

It is as I have always said.
If there is no list of allowed OCCs then only the RCC is allowable.

Game, set and match.
-George Orwell
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

I just wish there was one single instance where the book stated that if its not specifically spelled out then it is not possible. If they came out and said this I would believe that to be the case but I don't think that is the intent of the books...I feal the intent is as a guidline that tells us a few things that are possible and a few things that are not and if its not stated either way then we have to come up with a reasonable answer.

IMO the "If it doesn't say you CAN then you CAN'T" argument is unreasonable in most circumstances.

As for my answer to this thread:
I Use the OCC's skill set and special abilities and hinderences and combine that with the RCC's special abilities and hinderances but do not use RCC skills.

as to the impervious to energy eliminating the light penalties of the Silhouette I'd say no for my game but if you feel that is right for the power level of your game go ahead and eliminate it.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Dr. Doom v.3.1.4 wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:And KEVIN, not I, says (on Page 277 of the Rifts Game Masters Guide) that if you have a given R.C.C., then you have to read its RCC Description to see if the RCC in question can have an OCC as well. As in, "At the same time."

Apparently you didn't read it either.
Since it backs what I'm saying I doubt you would have mentioned it.

"When selecting an RCC, be sure to read it's description carefully to see if other OCC selections are permitted."

It is as I have always said.
If there is no list of allowed OCCs then only the RCC is allowable

Game, set and match.
Weak.

Even those on your side of the Debate probably don't count what you say as "Evidence."

**R.C.Cs with the Descriptor "O.C.C: Any" is pretty clear to all.

**R.C.Cs with the Descriptor "O.C.C: None" is pretty clear to all.

**R.C.Cs with the Descriptor "Limited to the following O.C.Cs:" is pretty clear to all.

HOWEVER....

**R.C.Cs with NO O.C.C. Descriptors of any kind, affirmative OR negative, are pretty unclear no matter which side of the aisle you're on.

KEVIN says, without equivocation, that where OCC selection is unclear, GM has the final say.

YOU say that if no OCC selection is listed in an RCC's Description, then it can't take any.

Surely the great and mighty Doom can therefore point out in Canon where Kevin is contradicting himself. And I'll head you off at the Pass, as it were, if you attempt to once again cite the RMB Entry.

Rifts Main Book Entry Statement: 1983.
Superseded by the Game Master's Guide Statement: 2001.

BOOK, QUOTE, AND PAGE NUMBER, PLEASE, THAT SPECIFICALLY SAYS THAT YOU MUST SAY "YOUR R.C.C. CANNOT TAKE ANY O.C.C. IF NONE ARE LISTED IN ITS R.C.C. DESCRIPTION."

Once you show the rest of us the CANON Reference, maybe then you could claim Game, Set, and Match. Until then, you're just talking to hear your head rattle.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Thinyser wrote:I just wish there was one single instance where the book stated that if its not specifically spelled out then it is not possible. If they came out and said this I would believe that to be the case but I don't think that is the intent of the books...I feal the intent is as a guidline that tells us a few things that are possible and a few things that are not and if its not stated either way then we have to come up with a reasonable answer.

IMO the "If it doesn't say you CAN then you CAN'T" argument is unreasonable in most circumstances.

As for my answer to this thread:
I Use the OCC's skill set and special abilities and hinderences and combine that with the RCC's special abilities and hinderances but do not use RCC skills.

as to the impervious to energy eliminating the light penalties of the Silhouette I'd say no for my game but if you feel that is right for the power level of your game go ahead and eliminate it.
No doubt.

No such thing as a Book/RPG that has ALL of the holes plugged in.

And that's where Doom's Arguments become incredibly weak.

At least Killer will come up with an Argument to support his position, even if its something I (or others) stridently disagree with.

Doom just plays the same broken-record over and over and over again....in this case, even after the Author gives him an out!!!!

Dr. Doom III
Knight

cornholioprime wrote:Weak.

Even those on your side of the Debate probably don't count what you say as "Evidence."

**R.C.Cs with the Descriptor "Limited to the following O.C.Cs:" is pretty clear to all.

HOWEVER....

**R.C.Cs with NO O.C.C. Descriptors of any kind, affirmative OR negative, are pretty unclear no matter which side of the aisle you're on.

KEVIN says, without equivocation, that where OCC selection is unclear, GM has the final say.

YOU say that if no OCC selection is listed in an RCC's Description, then it can't take any.

Surely the great and mighty Doom can therefore point out in Canon where Kevin is contradicting himself. And I'll head you off at the Pass, as it were, if you attempt to once again cite the RMB Entry.

BOOK, QUOTE, AND PAGE NUMBER, PLEASE, THAT SPECIFICALLY SAYS THAT YOU MUST SAY "YOUR R.C.C. CANNOT TAKE ANY O.C.C. IF NONE ARE LISTED IN ITS R.C.C. DESCRIPTION."

Once you show the rest of us the CANON Reference, maybe then you could claim Game, Set, and Match. Until then, you're just talking to hear your head rattle.

Once again you fall into your "if it doesn't say I can't, I can" pattern of illogical thinking.

It's clear to me.

I just see things clearer then you I guess.
-George Orwell
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Dr. Doom v.3.1.4 wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Weak.

HOWEVER....

Once again you fall into your "if it doesn't say I can't, I can" pattern of illogical thinking.

It's clear to me.

I just see things clearer then you I guess.
Well, at least there is a Pattern being established.

I quote a Canon Reference, and ask Doom to do the same to support his Position.

Doom, instead, fires off a quick missive that provides NOTHING in the way of Proof, just rhetoric.

I ask him, ONCE AGAIN, to provide a Book, Quote, and Page Number for his Assertion (and just how is that Canon Reference for your Position coming along, Doom? Found the Book with the most recent Info??).

Rinse, Lather, Repeat.

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Ishtirru wrote:There are R.C.C.'s that have thier own skills, which I think is saying that there can't be an OCC since there isn't one specified and the skills are already present.

We have a winner.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Mindcrime wrote:
Ishtirru wrote:There are R.C.C.'s that have thier own skills, which I think is saying that there can't be an OCC since there isn't one specified and the skills are already present.

We have a winner.

I guess you didn't read far enough...the rest of what he wrote kinda contradicts and yet supports that first statement.
Ishtirru wrote:Of course there are not alot of OCC's having restricitions about RCC's unless otherwise specified. Also just about all of the RCC's in the Conversion book give an OCC selection for them. A bunch of them in fact. Its not considered "special" to only those ones just becuase they where listed. O in OCC is OCCUPATION, R in RCC is RACE. Those are two different things that should be considered. One would need to understand that being of a different race then human doesn't mean they can't have an occupation as well.
The only RCC's that can't have an OCC status are the ones that say in thier specific description that they can not, and/or have already thier skills laid out for them(RCC skills, other skills, and secondary), and/or have to much of an alien difference that goes contrary to the a particular OCC or is way to overpowering and confusing in charachter creation.

*I personally think that the skills for the RCC are simply not applied when an OCC is chosen. The RCC skills are the skills that the character would have learned if they had been in their home culture. Inate abilities of the RCC/race stay.
Last edited by Thinyser on Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Ishtirru wrote:The only RCC's that can't have an OCC status are the ones that say in thier specific description that they can not, and/or have already thier skills laid out for them(RCC skills, other skills, and secondary), and/or have to much of an alien difference that goes contrary to the a particular OCC or is way to overpowering and confusing in charachter creation.

You do realize that's what I'm saying right?
-George Orwell
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Thinyser wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:

We have a winner.

I guess you didn't read far enough...the rest of what he wrote kinda contradicts and yet supports that first statement.
Ishtirru wrote:Of course there are not alot of OCC's having restricitions about RCC's unless otherwise specified. Also just about all of the RCC's in the Conversion book give an OCC selection for them. A bunch of them in fact. Its not considered "special" to only those ones just becuase they where listed. O in OCC is OCCUPATION, R in RCC is RACE. Those are two different things that should be considered. One would need to understand that being of a different race then human doesn't mean they can't have an occupation as well.
The only RCC's that can't have an OCC status are the ones that say in thier specific description that they can not, and/or have already thier skills laid out for them(RCC skills, other skills, and secondary), and/or have to much of an alien difference that goes contrary to the a particular OCC or is way to overpowering and confusing in charachter creation.

*I personally think that the skills for the RCC are simply not applied when an OCC is chosen. The RCC skills are the skills that the character would have learned if they had been in their home culture. Inate abilities of the RCC/race stay.
I was JUST about to tell Mindcrime that he didn't read down far enough as well, but you beat me to it..

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Dr. Doom v.3.1.4 wrote:
Ishtirru wrote:The only RCC's that can't have an OCC status are the ones that say in thier specific description that they can not, and/or have already thier skills laid out for them(RCC skills, other skills, and secondary), and/or have to much of an alien difference that goes contrary to the a particular OCC or is way to overpowering and confusing in charachter creation.

You do realize that's what I'm saying right?
:lol:

Neither Doom NOR Mindcrime semmed to have read Ish's WHOLE Post......

..either that or they're selectively quoting him/her......

Almost forgot.

Hey Doom, how's that CANON Reference coming along?? you know, the one that supports your Assertion that if it doesn't say "yes," then you MUST always say "no...." ???

Dr. Doom III
Knight

gadrin wrote:but what about the Draconid RCC which gives two opts for magic and psionics (LLW and MM) and doesn't mention an OCC...anywhere ?

"Draconids can choose to become either magicians or psychics,... If they become magicians, they get all the powers of a Ley Line Walker...If they become psychics they acquire all the abilities and powers of a Mind Melter"

then you read the Phase Mystic OCC and find that Draconids can become Phase Mystics (along with other races).

When you get added to an OCC list that means you can take it.
If it didn't say they could become Phase Mystics they couldn't.

what about all the RCCs where they simply made incomplete entries ?

Define what you consider an incomplete entry.

by the Anvil Galaxy book the True Naruni RCC can also take PCCs.

Then they can.
That would be their list of allowable OCCs
-George Orwell
nelsontorres
D-Bee

Re: Phase World Race mixxed with Rifts Earth OCC

Unread post by nelsontorres »

i know this post is several centuries old, but im very surprised no one ever really bothered to REALLY read the entry for the silhouette...maybe because their my favorite character in the three galaxies that i've never played, and a character in a novella im writhing, that i feel pretty confident in putting this question to bed...the answers are all explained in the book, the silhouette entry and a couple of other pages...
as per Rifts, Occupational Character Classes (or O.C.C.s) are exactly what they seem, occupations that the character maintains. In general, otherwise normal characters are defined by their chosen profession. Many O.C.C.s include special training, skills, or abilities that differentiate them from one another.

The Silhouette entry and other pages reinforce that fact, that Silhouette's can have any O.C.C...

you can find the answers in the phase world book page 80, 3rd paragraph " the silhouette have prospered. - important part of the imperial army (soldiers in the army ANY army have many O.C.C's, in addition to being a soldier, which in of itself is an O.C.C ) many have become important members of the government, industry, and other sectors of society. some have joined the ranks of the freedom fighters...many silhouette work for the dreaded security division of the Transgalactic Empire" (government, industry, and other sectors of society have many, many jobs...translation an O.C.C)

4th paragraph on page 80 states "Outside the Empire - greatest concentration outside the empire is among the warlock federation where they are widely respected as mages and at the paradise federation, where they work as security guards and entertainers. (O.C.C.)

then, a couple of pages later (page 82 to be exact) the imperial security agent O.C.C is showcased (remember it's already been stated that many silhouette work for the dreaded security division) page 83 also lays out the "Freedom fighter O.C.C.

going back to the R.C.C skills explanation. they all say any. that means that they are NOT hampered by anything...they can be whatever they want...spies, cooks, janitors, dog groomers, etc, etc...

when you read the entire entry, it DOESNT say they cant have an O.C.C. and the fact that it mentions several jobs in the TGE, Paradise, and the UWW reinforce the fact that they can have any O.C.C.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Phase World Race mixxed with Rifts Earth OCC

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Locked due to Necro-Posting, more than 17 (Seventeen?!) years between posts.
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Return to “Rifts®”