Cargo? I barely know her!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

killgore444
Wanderer
Comment: Brains are of little value to a warrior if they are no longer contained in his broken skull.

Re: Cargo? I barely know her!

Unread post by killgore444 »

Smiling_Bandit wrote:Hey folks! Been poking around the ol' collection of books and I need some input from ya'll. I got a nice character in the works and I need a vehicle to complete the "look". I'm looking for a hovercraft cargo sort of thing. I was looking at a Triax B-Type Hover Work Vehicle (Triax 2, pg. 82). I'd like to bump it up to a MDC unit and call it well enough to look like a traveling salesman sort of look. It'd give me space to store equipment, armor, weapons all while looking like a common salesman. Looking perfectly harmless is a bonus. Anyone have a suggestion as to something else to look at? I was aiming for electric power source and some fancy solar panels with a kill switch to keep kids from stealing my precious vehicle.

Smiling_Bandit - Will usually go out of his way to foil the plot of random kids

Just had a similar discussion in another thread. If you're traveling through the wilderness on Rifts Earth, you don't look helpless. It's inherent to the idea of going outside the "SAFE" zones. You could look like an utter bum, but if you're seen coming in from the forest, you're automatically considered a THREAT.

That having been said:
1] RRK Super-Armored Hover Truck from Triax 2. From the write up: T
he RRK Super-Armored Hover Truck has as much armor built into it as some tanks. The potential for abuse with such a heavy-armored vehicle is high. Regardless, it is very popular among security companies, banks, collectors of art and pre-Rifts artifacts, wilderness merchants, adventurers, mercenaries and Gypsies. It is illegal within the borders of the NGR.

As you can see, even this write up, brief as it is makes it clear that you won't go unnoticed in a simple hover truck, and is in fact illegal to own in certain places. Although the write up makes it clear it is otherwise exactly what you want. It's even electric. Unfortunately, they don't include a cargo load weight (in a cargo truck). :frust:
History is where we look to for answers and guidance. History explains who we are, where we came from, and everything about our world. History is full of lies.
"Changing history to suit your purposes has a long and successful history."
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

The electric powered, hover-version of the Cargonaut (Northern Gun 2, page 210).
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

What about the Robot RCC from Source Book1? Just build it as an accessory unit, which means you can skip the AI and programming parts. Just select an appropriate body type (likely Van or small truck) and give it a Super-Solar Engine, with Hoverjets for propulsion.

Naruni (DB8) offers the NE-ATRV3 Pathfinder All Terrain RV, SB1r also has the NG-HCH-2000 Big Bertha.

If you are open to magical versions, WB16, WB21, and or TW do have magical hover based platforms.

If you have access to Robotech (1E or 2E) you could also utilize the Hovertruck(s) found in the Southern Cross SB.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Take a look at Free Quebec. There's a hover truck used to reload Glitterboys that may be up your alley.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Some of the Rifts Mercenary books have several utility vehicles. Also the new Norther Gun books have lots of goodies. Loads. And maybe the Revised Sourcebook 1.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Shorty Lickens
Hero

Oh yeah, Northern Gun 2!
Page 196!!!!!
Shorty Lickens
Hero

OOOh, another good one!
Arnzo, or World Book 28, start on page 105. Some very good cargo vehicles!!

Return to “Rifts®”