pregnant Sea Titans and military duty

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade2501
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

Re: pregnant Sea Titans and military duty

Unread post by slade2501 »

according to teh navy: All Pregnant Service Members:
Should not be assigned to units that are deploying from the 20th week of pregnancy through 12 months following delivery and release from their medical providers. Under no circumstance shall a pregnant Service member remain onboard past the 20th week of pregnancy without a waiver.

in teh army: Soldiers can work shifts and continue to perform military duty until delivery. Soldiers wilh complicated pregnancies may have their duty modified by their healthcare provider. At 20 weeks of pregnancy: Exempt from parade rest or standing at attention for longer than 15 minutes.
Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Devjannz »

I would actually think that they would still limit what duties they would be assigned to as Sea Titans probably normally take on the toughest things (fighting MDC Creatures and such). I could see them still being assigned duties where they would be less likely to encounter something that could hurt them enough to cause their fetus damage. Remember that even in MD Armor an SDC being can still take damage of they are hit by something big enough or a fall. Knockback can be harmful to the fetus even if the mother takes little damage.
"Hurry, were running out of time!"

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

Considering that the unborn child can still be harmed in a MDC mother's womb, and that many opponents are MDC beings or use MDC weapons, I think any pregnant woman would be put on light duty. She could still serve but she wouldn't be on the frontlines.

There's also practical reasons besides the safety of the unborn child. Besides, pregnancy slowing women down, their changing bodies would limit what they can fit in. Those changes are limited to her belly either. Sure, battle armor and power armor can be adjusted to some degree but they're going to need multiple adjustments during her pregnancy. That's a lot of down time even if they're adjusted with some room to grow. A pregnancy belly would also make certain positions like firing while prone impractical.

Return to “Rifts®”