Items which increase saves versus psionics

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Items which increase saves versus psionics

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

I know of a couple implants and expensive items which do the above, but haven't dug around yet too much. I'm ideally looking for something which provides a minor bonus on the cheap, up to the cost of what perhaps a Mind Blank Gizmoteer item might cost were it created using RUE TW rules.

Thanks for any suggestions.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Items which increase saves versus psionics

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Given the way RUE's TW creation can work I'm not sure what baseline cost you are looking at.

The following come to mind that provide bonus to save vs psionic attacks (there might be more in WB3 England or WB31 Triax2, but I don't have access to those books atm).

Implants:
-Bio-Wizard Lobee-optos Parasite (WB2 pg115): 500k cr
-Bio-Wizard Brain Feeder Parasite (WB2 pg114-5): 150k cr
-Bio-Wizard Mind Blossom Parasite (WB21 pg1122-3): 350k cr (ME bonus which could make the vs Psi bonus bigger)
-Psionic Electro-Magnetic Dampers (Wb5 pg155):
-Psymbiote (WB12 pg105-8): no cost "partner" (can also be acquired via Bio-Wizard implant)
-Psi-Blocker Implant (WB12 pg152): 250k cr plus side effects
-Mindwerks Psionic Defense System (SB3 pg24)

Drugs/Potions:
-Psike-B (WB5 pg177-8): 25-50 cr per dose (10-60min)
-JAPE: Mental Enhancement (WB5 pg176): 95k cr
-Block-Out (MercOps pg112): 1.2k cr per dose (10-60min)
-Psi-Cola (WB12 pg87-8): one of the random side effects (81-90% roll on table Extreme Paranoia)

Equipment:
-Bio-Wizard Psionic Rod/Scepter (WB2pg120-1)
-CS Psi-Damper Helmet (WB12 pg154-5): 65k cr
-TW Psi-Blocker Helmet (WB12 pg155): 250k cr
-TW Psionic Mind Shield (RUE pg136): 250k cr
-TW Mind Shatter Helmet (MercOps pg144-5): 180k cr

Misc:
-Genetic Engineering (SB3, WB13): not specifically called out AFAIK, but they can grant you psionic powers (or even specific psionic classes) so making some one resistant to psionic attack should also be possible (might even be easier than out right powers), though who can do this level is more GM call (Gene Splicer/Tech obviously)
-CS Psionic Training (WB12 pg145): specific forms of psionic attack get a bonus to save, plus ME bonus (high enough ME grants save vs psionics). Other skills/training programs might exist (off hand the only skills I know that grant ME bonus are HTH: Akido/Judo/Zanji found in WB8 for Rifts, various OCCs do provide ME bonus).
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

That is a nice list, ShadowLogan; thank you for taking the time to compile it.

I'm mainly looking at the <10,000 credit range, and was hoping to find a technological or TW equivalent to a Palladium magic item to provide a +1 or 2. This character isn't in a position to get bionics or Bio-Wizard implants. The Block-Out drug is of particular interest.

Thanks again.
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

I came in to suggest Bio-Wizardry from Atlantis. But, I was too slow.

Also microbes and parasites. I could not find a tattoo that improves psionic defense.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.

Return to “Rifts®”