whats the longest your party has ever kept a vehicle?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

whats the longest your party has ever kept a vehicle?

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

My groups usually view them as disposable tools. The longest we've ever had a particular rig was one short campaign, before they trashed it. I think it was a rolling APC from Golden Weaponsmiths.

Has anybody ever used hover vehicles exclusively in their campaign?
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Re: whats the longest your party has ever kept a vehicle?

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

From start to finish of a several year campaign, my first character ever, Max the technowizard, kept his (heavily modified by the end) Mountaineer. They used other vehicles as well (he made one and converted two other sailing ships to be able to fly, both on and off ley lines (the primary modes of transport for their mercenary company), though one didn't survive the campaign due to a ley line storm incident), and he made a sub which survived to the end of the campaign to.

It helps that he was his own mechanic, so bringing things back up to shape was his job.

Actually, most of my character's stuff tends to survive. I say most because my main character had his vehicle willfully destroyed by a fellow player, and his original vessel was nuked by an angry villian. But generally, my characters tend to take care of their things.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

the longest vehicle in a campaign, was a character that used a high end capital ship for over 8 years in real life

of course the ship was essentially a large city in and of itself.
it had hanger bays, weapons bays, workshops, barracks, lots of storage etc.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

On Rifts Earth the longest was probably a Glitter Boy pilot who kept his armor for about 15 years real time, from 100 to 108 PA game time. Most of the rest of the players changed out vehicles every so often. A group transport never lasted longer than a year game time and at one point they went through a new munitions and equipment transport every few games.

In Phase World the group managed to hold on to an experimental cruiser for about 10 years real time, 5 to 7 years game time. In that group individual players also held on to two fighters and a Silverhawk PA
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®”