High Fashion

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: High Fashion

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Smiling_Bandit wrote:Hey folks. Just popping in to get a little assistance with a character concept (should I ever get to play again). The main inspiration is a calavera skull. Example here.

I know just getting a quick paint job will satisfy the appearance. But I was wondering if anyone was aware of some light armor that could be worn with a force field generator. So, my little droogs, does anyone have a set of armor in mind that has an appearance that could be easily adapted for the calavera appearance? Environmental would be appreciated but isn't a deal breaker.

Smiling_Bandit - Mostly wears clothes you'd find in a Goodwill or similar locations

Typically the only force field is Naruni- so looking at there light armor NE-BA-20 stalker might be a good option. You may need to get a custom helmet, or use old deadboy helmet to get the look you want though. NE-BA-30 light combat armor would be another choice.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

In terms of Skeletal looks, or even just Skull head there really are only two real options that come to mind:
1. Coalition Equipment
2. Necromancy crafted Bone Armor (Necro-Armor Spell which is basically their Armor Bizarre or Fragile Bone to M.D.C. Bone spell specifically discusses using bones to craft armor)

Force Fields the most common distributor on Rifts Earth is going to be the Naruni, though the Vernulians (WB30/WB1o), Spinne (WB30), and Vallax (WB10) do use Force Fields in terms of non-humans (on the human side Triax does have several force fields for vehicle/mecha, no body armor though, the Megaversal Legion also has FF). Though any TW should be able to craft a TW-version.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

This isn't helpful to the question, but the Megaversal Destroyer Borg already looks pretty skeletal, and would look great done up as a calaca. The Bolivian Aymara Fiesta de las Ñatitas is around the same time of year as Dia de Muertos but is pretty aesthetically different and more about actual skulls, and I could see elements of it being retained post Cataclysm through the Legion's reclamation of La Paz.

As for actual armor, I'd maybe just co-opt the aesthetic of Nightbane's Hounds, paint part of it white, and give it old Dead Boy armor stats.

Return to “Rifts®”