Mercenaries book

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MadGreenSon
Explorer

Re: Mercenaries book

Unread post by MadGreenSon »

sigourneyanderson wrote:Neither the Mercenaries book nor NG book 1 says what the internal power supply for this weapon has for endurance, cost or recharge or replacement.

I simply say its good for firing 4 drums of ammo, and can recharge in two hours from a good electrical source, just like a power armor battery or electric vehicle can.

Um... which weapon?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

That was my question too. So slow down and start from the begining...like the name of the weapon, then the book and page numbers.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

i just read through the mercs book,and i couldn't begin to figure out which gun you mean, my dude. can you at least give us a page number?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Welcome to the forum, sigourneyanderson!

Upon comparing the list of NG weapons in the Mercenaries sourcebook and WB33:Northern Gun 1 I'm unsure as to which weapon this refers. The NG-1001 Robot Rail Rifle and NG-R1002 Robot Rail Gun/Assault Rifle seem like they might qualify. Perhaps due to the ability to power these weapons with a robot or vehicle's power supply the writers didn't bother to specify the efficacy of other methods, for which your ad hoc solution seems reasonable enough.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The only weapons that I can think of OTTOMH that recharge themselves are in the Mindworks sourcebook.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

sigourneyanderson wrote:Neither the Mercenaries book nor NG book 1 says what the internal power supply for this weapon has for endurance, cost or recharge or replacement.

I simply say its good for firing 4 drums of ammo, and can recharge in two hours from a good electrical source, just like a power armor battery or electric vehicle can.

Could you be any more vague in what you are talking about. It appears you are not even giving us the correct book. Rifts Mercenaries contains no NG weapons that uses drums of ammo, and did not in a quick search find a weapon with the feature you described in NG 1. (perhaps you mean Mercenaries adventure, merc ops, or Merc town.)

Start by telling us the name of the weapon, or book and page number basically give us information we need to know what the heck you are talking about.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

Blue_Lion wrote:

Could you be any more vague in what you are talking about. It appears you are not even giving us the correct book. Rifts Mercenaries contains no NG weapons that uses drums of ammo, and did not in a quick search find a weapon with the feature you described in NG 1. (perhaps you mean Mercenaries adventure, merc ops, or Merc town.)

Start by telling us the name of the weapon, or book and page number basically give us information we need to know what the heck you are talking about.

calm down man, the guy's probably just a little confused where a data block ends is all.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Orin J. wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

calm down man, the guy's probably just a little confused where a data block ends is all.

His statement indicated the weapon is in both Rifts mercenaries and NG 1 that only leaves NG weapons. But even if you beyond NG no weapon in the book Rifts Mercenaries contains any form of the feature he is talking about.(so it is likely he is looking in one of the other books with merc in the title as i pointed out) So it appears he not only left out the name of the item in question but gave the wrong book. I am sorry but searching multiple books for what he is looking would make finding the right item a challenge. So what we need is either the name of the item or book and page number. (both would make it easier but at least give 1 or the the other)

To answer the question we need to know what he is talking about. Pointing out that we need more information or that his question as asked is near impossible to answer does not mean I need to calm down. It means I am saying he did not provide the information needed to help with his question.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Lock Warning.

There's plenty of replies all asking for the OP to clarify his question. Sniping at the OP, or each other, is not helpful.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
MadGreenSon
Explorer

Unread post by MadGreenSon »

Mack wrote:Lock Warning.

There's plenty of replies all asking for the OP to clarify his question. Sniping at the OP, or each other, is not helpful.

Honestly, might be best to just lock it and move on. The OP hasn't even been on the forum in a few days and this all probably isn't going anywhere.
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

Only 1 post ever form author.. Might be a troll post. Best to just lock the thread and move on like madgreen said.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

or just move on till the OP posts something else....sort of like what the subtext of Mack's post said.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

sigourneyanderson wrote:Neither the Mercenaries book
nor NG book 1
says what the internal power supply
for this weapon
has for endurance, cost or recharge or replacement.
I simply say its good for firing 4 drums of ammo

It's possible by "drum" the OP might have meant something like an internal non-detachable magazine...

In which case I would speculate OP could be referring to the NG-LG6 (Mercs100, NG1p193) "Laser Rifle and Grenade Launcher"

It is able to launch 4D6 MD grenades (presumably plasma, that's the damage Mercs 100 assigns to them, both have 12ft blast area/radius) an impressivet 1100ft instead of the mere 40 yards (120ft) which people are normally able to throw them.

Perhaps they are assuming this added distance comes from drawing on an unspecified power supply within the weapon to propel the grenades?

My assumption was that the power supply is built into the grenades themselves, which would explain why they are 400 credits each instead of the 275 credits that NG charges for plasma grenades: these are probably rocket-propelled in some way, with a primer hit like a bullet, but where the force which propels the grenade prevents it from exploding until grenade reaches target.

I'm not exactly sure how RPGs work IRL though.

Normal grenades probably wouldn't be compatible with the NG-LG6 for this reason, though perhaps there'd be some way of throwing the expensive NG-LG6 ammo like a standard grenade if you lost your gun?

I would figure the same of the Wellington equivalent (Mercs 104's WI-GL4) though it doesn't list ammo prices...

Return to “Rifts®”