Is there a spell to find an object?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nuristas
Explorer

Is there a spell to find an object?

Unread post by Nuristas »

Greetings,

We are faced with the problem of finding an object of which we have a very accurate drawing on parchment in a very large warehouse filled with crates.
is there a spell to speed up the process or make this more doable instead of spending ... an eternity and hoping the gods of RNG take pity on us?

Thanks for any and all advice.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Re: Is there a spell to find an object?

Unread post by Orin J. »

if the item is magical or enchanted in any way, than see aura can be applied to spot it. otherwise, the eighth level spell locate (palladium fantasy rulebook) will allow you to know where it is once you're in a hundred feet.
Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

We created a spell that find anything. It was a dual spell, cast simultaneously on the item and a hand held 'finder.'

It's called "Lo-Jack"
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!
Nuristas
Explorer

Unread post by Nuristas »

Orin J. wrote:if the item is magical or enchanted in any way, than see aura can be applied to spot it. otherwise, the eighth level spell locate (palladium fantasy rulebook) will allow you to know where it is once you're in a hundred feet.

Thanks for the answer. I didn't see that option in the RUE version of the spell, so totally missed that.
I suppose there isn't any way which has a slightly bigger range than 30,5m....
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Nuristas wrote:
Orin J. wrote:if the item is magical or enchanted in any way, than see aura can be applied to spot it. otherwise, the eighth level spell locate (palladium fantasy rulebook) will allow you to know where it is once you're in a hundred feet.

Thanks for the answer. I didn't see that option in the RUE version of the spell, so totally missed that.

I don't have the details of the spell, but a 100 foot detection radius when you're looking for something in a box in a densely-packed warehouse should speed up the searching by an absolutely ridiculous amount. you don't need to open boxes and search through them, and there could easily be hundreds if not thousands of boxes within that radius. seriously, try the math on it.

a 100 foot radius is a 200 foot diameter circle. I wouldn't be surprised if you would only need to cast that spell a few times to find the object. possibly only once if the spell has a duration and lets you scan while moving around.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Shark_Force wrote:
Nuristas wrote:

I don't have the details of the spell, but a 100 foot detection radius when you're looking for something in a box in a densely-packed warehouse should speed up the searching by an absolutely ridiculous amount. you don't need to open boxes and search through them, and there could easily be hundreds if not thousands of boxes within that radius. seriously, try the math on it.

a 100 foot radius is a 200 foot diameter circle. I wouldn't be surprised if you would only need to cast that spell a few times to find the object. possibly only once if the spell has a duration and lets you scan while moving around.

Not to mention you can triangulate.

Heck walk the outer walk way when it is sensed have someone mark where then walk down the perpendicular aisle until you dont sense it and mark it. Heck if there is a catwalk you could even find out if it is on about where it is vertically.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If the object is a big metal ring that has symbols on it....it's in a 20 ft x 20 ft box. And if it is a gold covered box with angel statues on top then look for the burnt information stamps on the wooden crate.

Spoiler:
Stargate from SG SG1...and The ark of the convenient from IJ:the lost ark.

I think I've seen a locate spell in one of the PB gamebooks....somewhere....but I don't think it will be in a rifts gamebook. (It might of been in the new magic topic in the psi & magic forum.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Rifts®”