Who Can Make Rune Weapons?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

Who Can Make Rune Weapons?

Unread post by LostOne »

Who all in the books can make indestructible rune weapons of varying power? Splugorth, Mystic Kuznya, who else?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
taalismn
Priest

Re: Who Can Make Rune Weapons?

Unread post by taalismn »

LostOne wrote:Who all in the books can make indestructible rune weapons of varying power? Splugorth, Mystic Kuznya, who else?

It's rumored to be ancient Dwarven magic, so some of the ancient Dwarf clans might still possess the secret(or they might be extinct).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

the atlantains apparently. if you need one as a plot device you could have some dwarves from the great war trapped in a stasis spell as part of a spell gone wrong, toth and probably at least a couple other gods can do it. the old ones could have done it......

taalismn wrote:
LostOne wrote:Who all in the books can make indestructible rune weapons of varying power? Splugorth, Mystic Kuznya, who else?

It's rumored to be ancient Dwarven magic, so some of the ancient Dwarf clans might still possess the secret(or they might be extinct).

not really, there's a big deal made about the fact the dwarves forsook all magic and actively destroyed their knowledge of bio-wizardry and many other things after their horrible war.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Dwarves? I take it that's lore from PFRPG? I never really dabbled in that setting at all. But I can borrow them if you can point me to a specific book and section that would educate me on that. I could easily pull a clan thought lost/slain but was actually yanked out of time and space to Rifts. That would be a nice curve ball the players aren't expecting.

But if anyone knows others that can make rune weapons, please share.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

LostOne wrote:Dwarves? I take it that's lore from PFRPG? I never really dabbled in that setting at all. But I can borrow them if you can point me to a specific book and section that would educate me on that. I could easily pull a clan thought lost/slain but was actually yanked out of time and space to Rifts. That would be a nice curve ball the players aren't expecting.

But if anyone knows others that can make rune weapons, please share.

Dwarves in PFRPG gave up that knowledge after the Elf-Dwarf War, however the other dwarves in CB2 should still know how to make them (been awhile since I read the book). Those dwarves don't go making that public knowledge though, because the Splugorth tend to hunt down those who possess that know how.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Most of the details that are that PB has 'detailed' in any of their gamebooks are in the PF RPG 2nd ed books.

Basic primer....
On the world of the PF game, some time after the defeet of the Old Ones, there was a magic war between elves and dwarves. This a superpowers war but with magic. The dwarves developed rune weapons as part of their side of the war. After that war there was a time when Both elves and dwarves gathered the weapons they created and destroyed them or hid them away in inaccessible places, like valcanos. another thing they did was to kill off nearly all of the wizards that had specialized magic. This is also when the dwarves of the PF world swore off using magic.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
narcissus
Explorer

Unread post by narcissus »

Greater Cyclops (and Hephaestus apparently, since he's who taught them). CB2 p.92

Asgardian Dwarves. CB2 p.166

Nuhr Dwarves. WB30 p.149
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

i think nuhr dwarves don't know actual bio-wizardry, but a sort of low-level knockoff of it.....
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

There's a race in the Land of the Damned(PFRPG) whoare said to have taught the dwarves rune magic. Though they made stone rune weapons.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

And more Dwarves

Dimension Book 5: Dwarven Guildmasters
[most likely descendants of those Asgardian Dwarves per the text]

Conversion Book 1: Lizard Mages
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Mystic Kuznya cannot make Rune Weapons, wherever did you get that they could? :?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Rifts WB8 pg44 mentions Samurai (12th Level), Shinto master sword maker (???), "Some ancient tengu taught and blessed by the gods can also make samurai swords." These swords they make are Minor Rune Weapons (and powered by human souls instead of more powerful beings). WB8 pg47 as a HTH perk grants the Samurai OCC "knowledge and skill to create a 'true' samurai sword" confirming that Samurai (or those with this specific HTH) can create these Rune weapons, the other makers on pg44 I couldn't find a confirming reference elsewhere.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Beings who can create new rune weapons in the setting:
The Splugorth, who guard this secret jealously
A very few gods (Hecate, Hephaestus, Tvashtri, Odin, Thoth)
Greater Cyclops
Asgardian Dwarves
Eelemore, a Wolfen Psi-Mystic (Palladium Fantasy, Northern Hinterlands)

There are others who can make weapons that are indestructible, like a rune weapon, but those aren't the same thing.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Mystic Kuznya cannot make Rune Weapons, wherever did you get that they could? :?

Not true rune weapons. But they can make indestructible magical weapons. For all practical purposes that's one step below a lesser rune weapon, basically missing the saving throw bonus and zapping people of a different alignment who touch it. Also if I remember right, a kuznya's indestructible weapon might do more damage than some lesser rune weapons.
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

Not Kuznya.
Asgardian Dwarves, Nuhr Dwarves (sort of), Greater Cyclops.
Master Samurai make a variant with daisho.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

LostOne wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Mystic Kuznya cannot make Rune Weapons, wherever did you get that they could? :?

Not true rune weapons. But they can make indestructible magical weapons. For all practical purposes that's one step below a lesser rune weapon, basically missing the saving throw bonus and zapping people of a different alignment who touch it. Also if I remember right, a kuznya's indestructible weapon might do more damage than some lesser rune weapons.

While true, I think the defining attribute of a rune weapon is "is empowered a powerful soul" and not the fact it's indestructable, which is not unique. Litterally any PF Alchemist in exsitance can make littearlly any weapon indestructable--it is not special.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

LostOne wrote:

There I disagree with you. A rune weapon of any variety is much more than just a weapon that does damage. The nice +1 to all saving throws aside, it's a built-in companion, advisor, watchman, wingman, and a living repository of memory often dating back thousands of years. Many rune weapons have been wielded by rich, powerful, famous, and influential figures, and they have been privy to those figures' deepest secrets. Shoot, some rune weapons were themselves powerful, famous, and influential before their souls were interred in a weapon. A rune weapon's living intelligence, awareness, and memory is of far more consequence than its damage.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Fenris2020
Adventurer

Hotrod wrote:
LostOne wrote:

There I disagree with you. A rune weapon of any variety is much more than just a weapon that does damage. The nice +1 to all saving throws aside, it's a built-in companion, advisor, watchman, wingman, and a living repository of memory often dating back thousands of years. Many rune weapons have been wielded by rich, powerful, famous, and influential figures, and they have been privy to those figures' deepest secrets. Shoot, some rune weapons were themselves powerful, famous, and influential before their souls were interred in a weapon. A rune weapon's living intelligence, awareness, and memory is of far more consequence than its damage.

That's pretty much how I see rune weapons. They make great advisors, or... can lead a character down a path they may not want to go.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

First of all, it's your game. What you do will not affect any other players unless you are planning a tournament.

As long as it's not too ridiculous (make it a race that has had access to ancient magic), go for it. If you do everything by the book all the players have the possibility of guessing what's going on.

We had a game where the GM showed us a greater rune sword in an ancient battlefield. We didn't know what it was other than the most shiny thing we had ever seen. One of the players took it (I would have but was playing a gun-toting, spell-slinger) but the GM didn't want a PC having a weapon worth millions. He taunted us with Lost Souls, mercenaries, and nightmares until it was replaced.
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!
Fenris2020
Adventurer

Blackwater Sniper wrote:First of all, it's your game. What you do will not affect any other players unless you are planning a tournament.

As long as it's not too ridiculous (make it a race that has had access to ancient magic), go for it. If you do everything by the book all the players have the possibility of guessing what's going on.

We had a game where the GM showed us a greater rune sword in an ancient battlefield. We didn't know what it was other than the most shiny thing we had ever seen. One of the players took it (I would have but was playing a gun-toting, spell-slinger) but the GM didn't want a PC having a weapon worth millions. He taunted us with Lost Souls, mercenaries, and nightmares until it was replaced.

That's crap.
If a GM doesn't want the players to have something, don't present it to them.
And how would the mercs know about it? If they "just knew", think of how much XP omniscient NPCs are worth! The way to solve that problem is to murder-hobo every NPC you come across; there isn't a player group alive who likes metagaming GMs.
Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

Fenris2020 wrote:
Blackwater Sniper wrote:First of all, it's your game. What you do will not affect any other players unless you are planning a tournament.

That's crap.
And how would the mercs know about it? If they "just knew", think of how much XP omniscient NPCs are worth! The way to solve that problem is to murder-hobo every NPC you come across; there isn't a player group alive who likes metagaming GMs.

First statement: it is your game. You have total control of what happens within that setting unless your game ties in with games not GMed by the same person. I can GM a game in Atlanta that will have no impact on the games in Detroit. But if I'm GMing a tournament game, it has Palladium's name and approval, so I can't have any house rules.

Second statement ties in with the first: as long as what you are doing has no impact on any other ongoing game, you can have any race/class/group of people create a rune weapon. The caveat being that they would have had to have the ability to create one at sometime in their past. By including races that don't now have magic-wielding abilities. This doesn't mean that they didn't have them 1000's of years ago. Maybe a vengeful god stripped the ability away because they were getting too powerful. Or they were forced out of their homelands (where the materials they used were found), without proper materials the trade was not needed and lost to the generations. Make something up....it's roleplaying.

Third statement: A person doesn't just hide a weapon like a rune sword, it gets used. The more it gets used the owners name gets passed around as having a weapon worth having. Ergo the better the weapon the more it's infamy spreads and the more we were hounded by mercs and other beings of power.

Fourth statement: Ever since Worldbook: Atlantis came out everyone was salivating to get their hands on a rune weapon, even a minor one. The GM wanted to play that card of "better be ready for what you wish for." He knew better than we did the strife and tribulation it would cause and that we couldn't handle that kind of power in our midst, but he wanted to make it a teaching lesson.
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

ShadowLogan wrote:Rifts WB8 pg44 mentions Samurai (12th Level), Shinto master sword maker (???), "Some ancient tengu taught and blessed by the gods can also make samurai swords." These swords they make are Minor Rune Weapons (and powered by human souls instead of more powerful beings). WB8 pg47 as a HTH perk grants the Samurai OCC "knowledge and skill to create a 'true' samurai sword" confirming that Samurai (or those with this specific HTH) can create these Rune weapons, the other makers on pg44 I couldn't find a confirming reference elsewhere.

It seems like for Samurai they needed to define a lesser version of rune weapons as we traditioanlly understood (can be destroyeD) to suit them.

This lesser way has some similarities to the WB35 equivalent.
Fenris2020
Adventurer

Blackwater Sniper wrote:
Fenris2020 wrote:

That's crap.

First statement: it is your game. You have total control of what happens within that setting unless your game ties in with games not GMed by the same person. I can GM a game in Atlanta that will have no impact on the games in Detroit. But if I'm GMing a tournament game, it has Palladium's name and approval, so I can't have any house rules.

Second statement ties in with the first: as long as what you are doing has no impact on any other ongoing game, you can have any race/class/group of people create a rune weapon. The caveat being that they would have had to have the ability to create one at sometime in their past. By including races that don't now have magic-wielding abilities. This doesn't mean that they didn't have them 1000's of years ago. Maybe a vengeful god stripped the ability away because they were getting too powerful. Or they were forced out of their homelands (where the materials they used were found), without proper materials the trade was not needed and lost to the generations. Make something up....it's roleplaying.

Third statement: A person doesn't just hide a weapon like a rune sword, it gets used. The more it gets used the owners name gets passed around as having a weapon worth having. Ergo the better the weapon the more it's infamy spreads and the more we were hounded by mercs and other beings of power.

Fourth statement: Ever since Worldbook: Atlantis came out everyone was salivating to get their hands on a rune weapon, even a minor one. The GM wanted to play that card of "better be ready for what you wish for." He knew better than we did the strife and tribulation it would cause and that we couldn't handle that kind of power in our midst, but he wanted to make it a teaching lesson.

And again, it's making a lot of assumptions about who knows what when it comes to the rune weapon.
There are a LOT of magic weapons with mystical writing on them, and it would take specialized knowledge and study to know that a sword is a Rune-weapon and not a Deathbringer, for instance. Not something your average mercs are going to know, whether they somehow know about the existence of Rune-magic or not. Remember, it's supposed to be a very rare thing. Most mages apparently think it's a lost art, in fact, at least according to canon. And that's magi who even know about it at all.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

The Chaos Lands book has an entry on page 170 for an alternate Palladium Fantasy world reachable via the rogue gateways of the Abyss wherein the Eastern Territory has a means of rune weapon mass production. How that might interact with anything else is left indeterminate.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Blackwater Sniper wrote:
Fenris2020 wrote:

That's crap.

That's true, and it's also entirely compatible with his point: that GM's who metagame with their NPCs in order to punish players for taking a powerful item offered to them are likely to frustrate their players and make their game less fun.

Blackwater Sniper wrote:Second statement ties in with the first: as long as what you are doing has no impact on any other ongoing game, you can have any race/class/group of people create a rune weapon. The caveat being that they would have had to have the ability to create one at sometime in their past. By including races that don't now have magic-wielding abilities. This doesn't mean that they didn't have them 1000's of years ago. Maybe a vengeful god stripped the ability away because they were getting too powerful. Or they were forced out of their homelands (where the materials they used were found), without proper materials the trade was not needed and lost to the generations. Make something up....it's roleplaying.

Also true, and also compatible with Fenris' point.

Blackwater Sniper wrote:Third statement: A person doesn't just hide a weapon like a rune sword, it gets used. The more it gets used the owners name gets passed around as having a weapon worth having. Ergo the better the weapon the more it's infamy spreads and the more we were hounded by mercs and other beings of power.

True, but only in certain contexts. As magic weapons, most tech-based warriors will not likely want to use them in combat, especially if they lack the relevant weapon proficiency; most would rather have better guns, force fields, a better vehicle/power armor/robot, et cetera. As rare weapons, many people would have no idea what a rune weapon is, and may mistake a weapon's power for the power of the wielder, especially if the power comes from from magic, clerical abilities, or psionics. Even among the magic-savvy, rune weapons may not be so desirable; you have to have a compatible alignment with the weapon, the weapon itself may not take kindly to being stolen, and many rune weapons carry curses for their wielders.

Blackwater Sniper wrote:Fourth statement: Ever since Worldbook: Atlantis came out everyone was salivating to get their hands on a rune weapon, even a minor one. The GM wanted to play that card of "better be ready for what you wish for." He knew better than we did the strife and tribulation it would cause and that we couldn't handle that kind of power in our midst, but he wanted to make it a teaching lesson.

An exaggerated vignette to illustrate the issue I see with your GM's approach:

The GM glared at his player. "You think your Wilderness Scout should take that RUNE WEAPON?! Throw it away now or suffer the consequences! How could you think I would tolerate your character having a rune weapon in my game?"
The player glared back. "Because you literally put it right in front of my character, free for the taking."
The GM scoffed. "That was part of the scenery. You were SUPPOSED to reflect on the ancient battlefield and the consequences for the dead warrior who had that sword. You were SUPPOSED to understand that it's better not to ever have that kind of power."
The GM then turned to his other two players, who were playing a Glitter Boy Pilot and a Dragon Hatchling. "Some people, eh?"

It's not the role of the game master to lead the players or to tell them what they should or shouldn't do. The GM controls the setting and the NPC's, not the player characters. Roleplaying games are a form of interactive, improvised storytelling, and GMs are one of several authors. GMs who think players should conform to their views and preferences would be better off looking into solo play or just writing a story.

You say the GM "knew better than we did the strife and tribulation it would cause," but given that the GM was the one who created that strife and tribulation, and given that "the GM didn't want a PC having a weapon worth millions," this strife and tribulation comes across an attempt to vindicate the GM's opinion on a player's choice and place. It does not come across as a set of logical consequences for making an reasonable choice. A GM who thinks his game's player characters are too weak and irresponsible to handle a rune weapon should not expect his players to share that view. Offering a weapon and then punishing players for taking it is likely to cause frustration.

Furthermore, the GM's perspective as you describe it is inconsistent with the setting. There are plenty of level 1 characters strutting around with powerful weapons worth millions of credits. A good example is the Glitter Boy piloted by level 1 characters and worth 25 million. The suit draws attention and puts a target on its pilots. Do you hear about Glitter Boy pilots giving up and throwing away their suits for being more trouble than they're worth? I don't, yet that's effectively how you describe your GM's expectations.

Rifts is a game where there's a lot of high-power, high-value stuff all over the place in the setting. If your GM thinks that his/her player's characters should not have high-power, high-value stuff, then I think your group would be better off playing Palladium Fantasy or Ninjas & Superspies.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The pirate dwarves that work kinda like mystic kuznya basically make super minor rune weapons.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Mystic Kuznya cannot make Rune Weapons, wherever did you get that they could? :?

They can however make magic indestructible weapons of a few types so not rune weapons but equivalent to minor ones.
Fenris2020
Adventurer

kaid wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

They can however make magic indestructible weapons of a few types so not rune weapons but equivalent to minor ones.

So can the Schathach Druids.
rem1093
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by rem1093 »

Axelmania wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:Rifts WB8 pg44 mentions Samurai (12th Level), Shinto master sword maker (???), "Some ancient tengu taught and blessed by the gods can also make samurai swords." These swords they make are Minor Rune Weapons (and powered by human souls instead of more powerful beings). WB8 pg47 as a HTH perk grants the Samurai OCC "knowledge and skill to create a 'true' samurai sword" confirming that Samurai (or those with this specific HTH) can create these Rune weapons, the other makers on pg44 I couldn't find a confirming reference elsewhere.

It seems like for Samurai they needed to define a lesser version of rune weapons as we traditioanlly understood (can be destroyeD) to suit them.

What if the reason that they are not indestructible is because they use humans souls. Think about it, all normal rune weapons use supernatural creatures, with more natural musical energy to feed the sword. But a normal human has a smaller natural pool of energy.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

rem1093 wrote:
Axelmania wrote:

What if the reason that they are not indestructible is because they use humans souls. Think about it, all normal rune weapons use supernatural creatures, with more natural musical energy to feed the sword. But a normal human has a smaller natural pool of energy.

A few notes on this. First, humans can be used to create rune weapons under certain conditions, per Rifts: Atlantis:
Atlantis, p127 wrote:...mortal practitioners of magic who have attained great mastery over magic (high levels of experience; 10th or greater) are also suitable for lesser rune weapons. Greater supernatural beings, including gods , godlings, ancient dragons , spirits of light, greater elementals , greater demons and demon lords are needed to create the most powerful rune weapons.

The daisho presented in Rifts: Japan use human sacrifice as their creation process:
Japan, p44 wrote:The "true" samurai sword is tested by slaying a living person/being by chopping off the head and limbs. This individual is typically a condemned criminal. 80% volunteer for the ritual slaying, insisting that they are repentant and want their "kami" (spirit) to be "reborn" into the sword to make amends for their past wretched life. At the instant of death (the first strike, chopping off the head in a single gesture), the criminal' s life essence is joined to the sword, making it a living weapon.
Note: The sacrificial subject must be a human (including human eta and foreigners). The creation of a samurai sword is considered a magic ritual requiring 1000 P.P.E. (the sword maker stores one P.P.E. point in each "fold" during the ceremonies of creation) and ideally, a willing subject.

However, I think you're underplaying the near-indestructibility of these living daisho:
Japan, p46 wrote:Only a god, Living Legend sword maker or another rune weapon can destroy a true samurai sword. To do so, the attacker must be deliberately trying to destroy the sword with each attack, ignoring the sword wielder and other attacks leveled against him. A Living Legend sword maker can crack the sword in half with his bare hands. This is done through a ritual ceremony in which he withdraws all the mystic energy and the living spirit from the daisho.

The MDC provided are only used if a god or someone using a rune weapon is deliberately targeting the weapon itself. Otherwise, they're just as indestructivle as rune weapons. I'd also point out that there are canon ways in which rune weapons can be destroyed.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Orin J. wrote:i think nuhr dwarves don't know actual bio-wizardry, but a sort of low-level knockoff of it.....

Low-level knock-off of rune magic. But it's something for them.

What's the Eco-Wizardy their entry keeps referring to?
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Axelmania wrote:It seems like for Samurai they needed to define a lesser version of rune weapons as we traditioanlly understood (can be destroyeD) to suit them.

I don't have WB35. Was there a further discussion of rune weaponry there?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Eco-Wizardry is described in WB26: Dinosaur Swamp. It similar to techno-wizardry without access to the highest level spells, but instead of machines/crystals uses natural materials/dinosaur parts.

WB35's Soulmancy has the 15th level ritual Soul Weapon, which creates magic weapons. They require a sacrifice, can bond to an owner and can reproduce spells placed within them during creation, but don't contain an intelligence, aren't indestructable, only stay potent on a scale of decades, and stink of evil to those able to smell such.
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Curbludgeon wrote:Eco-Wizardry is described in WB26: Dinosaur Swamp. It similar to techno-wizardry without access to the highest level spells, but instead of machines/crystals uses natural materials/dinosaur parts.

WB35's Soulmancy has the 15th level ritual Soul Weapon, which creates magic weapons. They require a sacrifice, can bond to an owner and can reproduce spells placed within them during creation, but don't contain an intelligence, aren't indestructable, only stay potent on a scale of decades, and stink of evil to those able to smell such.

Thanks!

Based on that ritual, I think I'd stick with Nightbane's enchantment rituals. They can't reproduce spells, but they're indestructible and the high-level ones are permanent.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

thorr-kan wrote:I think I'd stick with Nightbane's enchantment rituals. They can't reproduce spells, but they're indestructible and the high-level ones are permanent.

Where can I find those?
thorr-kan
Adventurer

LostOne wrote:
thorr-kan wrote:I think I'd stick with Nightbane's enchantment rituals. They can't reproduce spells, but they're indestructible and the high-level ones are permanent.

Where can I find those?

Nightbane, p126-127
L5 - Charm Weapon (15)
L8 - Temporary Enchantment (30)
L13 - Enchange Weapon (300)

All rituals. First two give the weapon a saving throw. All have LONG durations.

Return to “Rifts®”