World War 2 PArt 2 Rifts style.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

World War 2 PArt 2 Rifts style.

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

Having a lot of time on my hands, thanks to the lovely quaranteen in my area, I have been tinkering with the idea of a massive battle campaign set in Europe. This starts out with either players hired by the NGR or forces form the NGR itself finding out what Merlin really is and plan to take action to remove him permanently from England. Once he is dead England would be used as a staging base to build several carriers and other support vessels including landing craft to invade the coast of France....(Sound Familiar :twisted: ) for the purpose of removing the blood druids and other even trash from the place. Spain and Portugal would be next on the list to be freed from what ever is there. This would eventually force a show down between the allied forces and the brodkil and gargoyles with the angel of death being killed off in the end.

This would not be a short campaign. I can see this lasting for years for rpg sessions. This cant be done face to face for a while, but I suppose something like this might be able to be run online, but face to face with lots of maps would be far more preferable.

Emerald
Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

Re: World War 2 PArt 2 Rifts style.

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

WOW! You don't aim small.

Something you may try is to have the players be an SAS/OSS-type group (going back to WWII) that gathers information for the NGR. Send them out on individual quests to perform recon, sabotage supply lines (armies can only travel as fast as their supplies), and take out specific targets as needed.

If you want to make it a real challenge, after a few sessions of making hell for the enemy you could throw a death-squad to track them and eliminate the threat. A good ol' bounty is something that usually keeps people on their toes.
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Ive often worked tech based war idea like this. Like CS vs NGR. Or CS vs Robotech.

Or just play WWII, but with Rifts equipment. USA would use CS gear, Germany would use Triax gear, USSR would use Warlords/Sovietski gear, Britain would use...psionic swords?
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Kagashi wrote:Ive often worked tech based war idea like this. Like CS vs NGR. Or CS vs Robotech.

Or just play WWII, but with Rifts equipment. USA would use CS gear, Germany would use Triax gear, USSR would use Warlords/Sovietski gear, Britain would use...psionic swords?

Sounds legit.
Joke was, if you were unsure of who you were facing in a position, fire a few rounds in the direction of the enemy.
If you got a few well-placed shots in return, it was Brits.
If you got peppered with sustained machine gun fire, it's Germans.
If you get a lot of wild automatic weapons fire, followed by a pause, then sustained artillery and air bombardment, it's Americans.

In this case it would be Mrk V missile trucks, Abolisher cannon, Skycycles, Talon fighter-bombers, DHT gunships, and maybe even Air Castle bombers.

WW2 cartoonist Bill Mauldin heard it from the British, and immortalized it in one of his cartoons; "You yanks sure leave a messy battlefield."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”