Juicer Inconsistency

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lothian
D-Bee

Juicer Inconsistency

Unread post by lothian »

Howdy,

This isn't really anything serious but it is a bit of a frustrating issue that my group has discovered and I just wanted some outside ideas and see what other fine folks here feel about it. I recently restocked my old books which I have lost a while ago and I have noticed that some of them have changes included from RUE added to them already. My version of Juicer Uprising has all the upgraded O.C.C classes with added bonuses to auto-dodge (which mimic RUE updated Juicer) and minimum PP requirements. I know they didn't have this in my original first print. But the RUE juicer doesn't list a minimum requirement for PP. Now our issue is that was it done as a balance issue (ha ha rifts and balance) or was it just one of those palladium issues? We just assume it's an error and take the bonuses/min pp requirement from the CS Juicers (which has also been upgraded in my version of Coalition Campaign). But maybe we are wrong and it's supposed to be like that for the original Juicer in RUE? Since they have a wider set of skills/O.C.C. skills I guess it could be argued it makes more sense to have no min PP requirement?

Anyway, if anybody has any insight or anything at all please feel free to chime in.

Cheers
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Juicer Inconsistency

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I'd go with the CWC numbers, and just assume the RUE lack is in error.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
lothian
D-Bee

Unread post by lothian »

Killer Cyborg wrote:I'd go with the CWC numbers, and just assume the RUE lack is in error.

Yeah. We also found the numbers in Sourcebook: CS:Heroes of Humanity. So just going to keep using those as the bases for generic Juicer.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

After a cursory check, looks like the only place where Juicers don't have a minimum PP of 20 is in my copy of RUE. Call it an oversight/typo and move on.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Mack wrote:After a cursory check, looks like the only place where Juicers don't have a minimum PP of 20 is in my copy of RUE. Call it an oversight/typo and move on.

I looked at the Errata for RUE (on the cutting room floor) and they did not address the issue there either, and this is the first place I thought to look after RUE lacked minimum requirements. Though that is for the 2nd printing of RUE changes, I don't know off hand if there has been another printing of RUE (ie 3rd or later).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Yes, PB does updates to their newly printed gamebooks without notifying everyone.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
lothian
D-Bee

Unread post by lothian »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Yes, PB does updates to their newly printed gamebooks without notifying everyone.

Yeah you weren't kidding. It's rather amusing how much better the Juicer Uprising O.C.Cs are now with the updates. Having a titan juicer with an auto-bonus to dodge on top of PP min from before is extremely tempting to play. I wonder though how many others they have updated like this and nobody has noticed? I guess that's what the weekend is for then.

I meant to ask in situations like this I assume you just take the most 'recent' as the rules and go from there? That's what we are doing and it seems to make the most sense for us.

Thanks again for everybody's input.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Is there anything resembling a list of what books have been "updated"? I know that say SB1 has a revamp, but I meant more like what ya'll are talking about with JU. Are the digital versions updated? It would be nice to know when I end up having miscommunication when players, or even on the board think we are talking apples to apples, but one of us has a pear.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
lothian
D-Bee

Unread post by lothian »

RockJock wrote:Is there anything resembling a list of what books have been "updated"? I know that say SB1 has a revamp, but I meant more like what ya'll are talking about with JU. Are the digital versions updated? It would be nice to know when I end up having miscommunication when players, or even on the board think we are talking apples to apples, but one of us has a pear.

From what I've seen/read there isn't anything of the sort. I don't have any of the digital versions unfortunately. It's honestly a bit shocking too. Every Juicer O.C.C in JU with my updated version has bonuses per level to auto-dodge. It's wild. Hyperion, Titan, Phaetons, Mega-Juicer, CS, Psycho-stalker, Delphi (surprisingly too), Dragon and Splugorth (Maxi-Killer).

Unfortunately, I did get a chance to look through some of my books and they don't all have these updates. Like Drewkitty said before they don't warn you so unless you buy every book every few years you never know if whatever O.C.C you're using is going to be updated or not. As far as I can tell though it just seems to be juicers in general so that's both good and bad? Good because it's consistent but bad because you'd have to repurchase the book to see the update.

My version of J.U. is a 5th printing. June 2008.
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Rifts Main Book page 69 says minimum PP of twenty, if lower then adjust to 20. World Book 10 has new juicers, and many of them have a minimum PP of twenty as well.
It makes sense. They arent just stronger. They also have improved eye-hand coordination.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.

Return to “Rifts®”