HTH:Dragon Crush

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rifter11
Wanderer

HTH:Dragon Crush

Unread post by Rifter11 »

I have a player playing a Dragon Hatchling with HTH Dragon. He got Crush at level 2 and decided to use it (for the double damage to smaller opponents) tonight. It says that it is primarily used with a Grappling Hold (which he won't get until level 6) or a "bear hug attack". I allowed him to use it with a roll to hit to establish the bear hug and another roll each round to maintain it and then he got to do the Crush damage each round.

Are there canon rules for bear hugs somewhere? Did I allow it the way its supposed to be done? It seems to easy to me to allow a bear hug to be established with just a roll to hit.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: HTH:Dragon Crush

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

You want to hear something "funny" with regard to Crush attacks...

There are at least 48 pieces of equipment (mostly Robots and Power Armor, a few Bionics and a few personal gear) that involve crush attacks (a few even are restricted to use via hand/limb) that I can point to in Rifts Books (including Robotech 1E and 2E for a more megaversal number, that number jumps up to 75), and my Rifts (and general PB) library is far from complete. But I do not think the attack option itself is ever detailed/restricted like it is in the HTH: Dragon. And I wouldn't be surprised if there were creatures with this attack option (which I can't look up easily like equipment).

Offhand the only example of a "hug" attack that I can think of is from the 1E RT Zarian Male Power Armor, and it worked the way you did it though it wasn't technically considered a crush attack as the ZMPA was holding the target in place while a saw in the chest did the damage.
SylviaWhite
Newb

Re: HTH:Dragon Crush

Unread post by SylviaWhite »

Didn't know if that ever existed.

Return to “Rifts®”