A game idea

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nxla666
Champion

A game idea

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Ok, I'm running a Rifts game right now but next year I'll be switching to DR to run, but I've been trying to develop a concept for the game.

Well I think I got the idea...

Using DR and BTS2 (possibly N&SS and SF as well), I'm going to have the players generate characters that are recruited to be part of a government agency that is specifically tasked with keeping the things that go bump in the night from becoming known to the general populace (ie: the PCs are the ones who enforce the conspiracy).

After they get a few assignments done (a build up to the main event), they start to notice a pattern to events and then, just when they get the puzzle pieced together, the Wave hits full force.

I think this will not only give the players a feeling that they could have stopped it but also give them a greater sense of loss when the whole world goes to hell.

As for types of missions I'm going to go for a combination of X-files and Hellboy, some they have to use subtlety (this will be a stretch for my usual group) others they get to employ the methods they seem to prefer, kick in the door and shoot till the questions are no longer relevant.

Questions, comments and suggestions will be welcomed at this stage. :)
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: A game idea

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Looks like a good idea.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Re: A game idea

Unread post by Nightbreed »

Very intriguing! Sounds like you may have the makings of one heck of a game going there. Best of luck when you run it! :ok:

Return to “Dead Reign™”