DR Murmur

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

DR Murmur

Unread post by sHaka »

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=96952

Kev spills some of his closely guarded beans.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: DR Murmur

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

To quote Kev

"- There is no magic.
- No psionics.
- It is an S.D.C. world setting.
- Nobody knows who or how the Wave or the Zombie Apocalypse happened, though there are five common theories.
- Zombies dominate the planet.
– There’s a big, juicy section on zombies and tips on how to fight them.
- “Ordinary People” are the Survivor O.C.C. and there are 42 (tweaked) occupations to pick from.
- The base rules are BTS-2.

- The RPG is written from the prespective of the leader of the Reapers -- a group of unlikely heroes who now epitomize noble warriors and zombie slayers."

No Magic, No Psionics.... that right there has made the game jump 20% in my mind from the "Death cult of yet another alien intelligence" In the rifter. Don't get me wrong. I like the rifter stuff but I've said from the start I like a more scientific or even "unknown" reason for the rise. The "nobody knows who or how the wave happened but there are 5 theories" tells me... it's OPEN... they give you 5 different ways to run with it but you don't even have to use those!

YES!

YES!

This is actually EXACTLY what I wanted... Exactly.

I don't know if Kevin read my forums posts or if the ideas were there and we just hadn't heard of them or just spontanous great minds thinking alike (( I'm ____SURELY___ not taking credit for it. It's just exactly what I asked for)) but I'm happy.

This book is looking better and better.

With it written this way it also lets it get plugged into any of the other settings easier. You don't have to have the alien intelligence or cult be the causes of the rise... thus it can fit anywhere from Hero's Unlimited (( Marvel Zombies anyone?)) To Rifts (( Would have to MDC um)) to Robotech to Nightbane...

Score.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

I agree this is the Zombie book i wanted. Unkno0wn reasons make it all the more scary and ultimatly unsolvable and indominable. YES YES YES! ill buy three.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
velcRomanceR
Wanderer
Location: Being an interdimensional party provider/tour guide, I never know with any certainty where I'll be.

Unread post by velcRomanceR »

..Of course I have yet to experience the five possiblitites for the reasons behind the Wave, but I'm thinking a great section of the first DR Sourcebook would be to devote some space to each of the five possibilities. Say, 1 is the "Cure for Cancer": Stretch it out in the first sourcebook to include important NPCs in the mix-up, locations where the epidemic went awry, what's the update a few months afterward... Say, 2 is "A Meteorite Crash": Stretch it out in the first sourcebook to include the team who investigated and later tried to cover up the crash, list which countries were fighting to get their hands on the mineral deposits within the meteorite, what else was in the meteorite...

I'd like one of the five to be an experiment gone f*cked under the Pentagon or an experiment on the space station. That'd be gravy.

:eek:
Nothing is true, all is permitted
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

I'm buying myself and my son a copy (at least). :)

Semper Fi Lucky
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321

Return to “Dead Reign™”