Out of curiosity...

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Out of curiosity...

Unread post by NMI »

...How many of you came back to Palladium, or its forums after recieving the PM I sent in regards to the future release of Dead Reign?
Looking at Kevin's most recent Murmur, it seems like there was a big surge in pre-orders for Dead Reign.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Out of curiosity...

Unread post by NMI »

Well, I did recieve roughly 40-50 PM replies in regards to my mass PM I sent out in regards to Dead Reign. All of which were excited about Dead Reign. I noticed that roughly half of them were from people who have not been to the boards in quite some time.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

I didn't come by as often because me and my friends had a rough time trying to get a decent RPG going. You know how life goes, things happen, and we drift apart and so on. Now we just got back to gaming and now with the news of this game (thanks again for the PM) coming out, i have reason to try to post here often as i like reading the discussions and ideas about it as well as people giving me ideas about the game i'm running from just using the Rifter, BtS 2nd edition and the modern weapons book. :D
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

I've been here for a looong time NMI. But then, I expect you know that. 8p
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

CyCo wrote:I've been here for a looong time NMI. But then, I expect you know that. 8p

Yeah, you have been here for about as long as I have wanted to get rid of you!

:D :crane: :bandit:
I kid, I kid!
Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Wōdwulf Seaxaning »

Been here recently mainly because RIFTS & PFRPG but the PM got me wanting to pre-order Dead Reign..just have to get the money saved up 1st.
Better Dead than Red!
F**k AntiFa! F**k Nazis! F**k Communists!
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

Eh, I'm always here...
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Jockitch74 wrote:Eh, I'm always here...

like the plague ... every now and then you wander in from the southwest?

:D

Like jockitch, get it right.

8p
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

Cuz apparently nobody has found the right cream yet...
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
velcRomanceR
Wanderer
Location: Being an interdimensional party provider/tour guide, I never know with any certainty where I'll be.

Unread post by velcRomanceR »

i'm always a-looking at the forums that interest me: Nightbane, BTS, some Heroes and Rifts, and now Dead Reign. i know Dead Reign has potential. it's the first book i've ever pre-ordered. i'm excited to see how it will mesh with say, taking the major story elements and mixing it with an SDC version of New West. i just got a thang for westerns. it's the simple elegant brutality of it all, and i feel the same about samurai/ninja ensembles.

:idea: :!: :arrow: :badbad: :lol:
Nothing is true, all is permitted
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

General_Sarkoff wrote:Well I got pretty excited about it until I did some follow-up and found out that Kevin was once again going to be re-writing large portions of the book turned in by the freelancer. Not to put too fine of a point on it but I feel that Kevin’s contributions will be detrimental to the book. I’m not trying to bash on Kevin but I believe his “always heroic” mindset will turn the book away from “dark and gritty” and towards “just another setting for the PCs to save”. In my opinion this was one of the major problems with BTS2; instead of a dangerous world where the PCs had to struggle their mightest just to hold the line we got semi-supermen who could walk over the opposition, instead of a very “grey morality” we got very black and white, instead of creeping horror we got monster of the week. I’m not saying there isn’t a market for what was produced but it isn’t the game I was looking for. I have a bad feeling that Dead Reign will turn out to be more of the same. Less Dawn of the Dead and more Shawn of the Dead.
There is a lot more to this then fans will ever know.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:...How many of you came back to Palladium, or its forums after recieving the PM I sent in regards to the future release of Dead Reign?
Looking at Kevin's most recent Murmur, it seems like there was a big surge in pre-orders for Dead Reign.

Seems to have stired up some activity. I have been seeing more people lately make their first post.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I don't think it affected my level of posting. But I'm not checking out this area of the forum a little more often.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

I got the PM and it rerminded me that it had been a while since I surfed the boards... so like I usually do, I'll oome back for a while and then drift off to other things... most likely when I get Warhammer Online....
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.

Return to “Dead Reign™”