I think I've found someone with a zombie proof house...

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

I think I've found someone with a zombie proof house...

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

About ten miles from where I live a new house was recently built. What separates this small wooden house from others of its kind is that it's built on stilts, like a lot of beach houses, except it's in the middle of the country.

Every time I drive past it I can't help but wonder if it was built with zombies in mind. It probably wasn't, but still...

I want one! 8)
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Re: I think I've found someone with a zombie proof house...

Mike SSN-723 wrote:Is it near a river? If its up north could be to avoid the spring-time melts when all that snow swells the rivers. Or maybe they live in a flood zone?

Stilts is a good way to go, but would say to use steel or cement posts and make the house out of stronger materials.

Nope, not a chance of flooding.

Oh, if I had unlimited funds, I'd go with more than a small house on wooden stilts, but if you're on a budget, you can't be too picky. Calling them stilts may be misleading, too. They're more like 8 to 12 inch thick wooden beams, and they're a lot of them.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Enough zombies get together, they could possibly huff and puff then pull your house down.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Or a thinker could get his minions to start a bonfire under your house, which would suck.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

sHaka wrote:Or a thinker could get his minions to start a bonfire under your house, which would suck.

Yeah, that would suck.

I think it was built with the normal non-sentient shambling zombie in mind.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

sHaka wrote:Or a thinker could get his minions to start a bonfire under your house, which would suck.

Zombie Kindling! :D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

From the sounds of it, you're gonna have a hard time zombie proofing anything in this game as the zombies aren't your stereotypical stumbling along aimlessly zombie...

Here's a visual of a house that could be a good start to a fortification...but I don't think you'd last long in it with it being wood and having all that glass on it.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

gordyzx9r wrote:From the sounds of it, you're gonna have a hard time zombie proofing anything in this game as the zombies aren't your stereotypical stumbling along aimlessly zombie...

Here's a visual of a house that could be a good start to a fortification...but I don't think you'd last long in it with it being wood and having all that glass on it.

Actually, the description says it's basically a steel box, so the exterior wood paneling is probably for aesthetic purposes only, and there are retractable steel shutters to cover the windows. So that place probably would be pretty safe.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Ectoplasmic Bidet wrote:
gordyzx9r wrote:From the sounds of it, you're gonna have a hard time zombie proofing anything in this game as the zombies aren't your stereotypical stumbling along aimlessly zombie...

Actually, the description says it's basically a steel box, so the exterior wood paneling is probably for aesthetic purposes only, and there are retractable steel shutters to cover the windows. So that place probably would be pretty safe.

I can't imagine those retractable steel shudders being too sturdy, unless that thing is allot bigger than I imagine it to be. Though, I guess one would be going through all kinds of pains to fortify it and some welded bars in conjunction with the shudders would help. After that, just need to start laying down booby traps, mine fields, digging a moat filled with spikes and sulfuric acid...and top it off with Ali Komani's Satellite Decoder and you'll be golden (or on fire depending on your aim).
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Well first in that house, you would need to barricade the lower door. Destroy the stairs leading up to the second level. Destroy / knockdown / remove the trees in the immediate area and have an escape route planned.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Mike SSN-723 wrote:Pfft u want one of these if you really want to be zombie proof

http://www.missilebases.com/

Have your very own decommisioned missle silo :D

Yeah ... till you lose power.

Or get one of these http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/nex ... 2.17b.html
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.

Return to “Dead Reign™”