chi and zombie's healing

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

chi and zombie's healing

Unread post by Axelmania »

if crossing with Ninjas and Superspies / Mystic China rules...

Do you think they would have positive chi equal to PE for you to deplete to stop their healing, or should they be treated as negative chi equal to PE and you have to try and destroy that to stop their healing?

what are even ways to do positive chi attacks?
Vincent Takeda
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: 44 years in denver, but now in grand rapids.

Re: chi and zombie's healing

Unread post by Vincent Takeda »

Interesting idea. Zombie infection seems like the same kind of downward spiral that being depleted of negative chi does. I could reasonably see a chi master being reduced to zero chi and losing his ability to aquire it once infected by a zombie, so thats one thing... Zombies do 'feed' off of life force, so a high level chi master would probably glow to zombie vision like a delicious sunrise. The idea that the life force they're feeding on remains in them as a 'belly full of positive chi that they use too keep the engine running seems ok, and having excess is what allows them to heal... but not in a way that I think any sort of chi attack would shut the potential of that process down.. It might empty the tank but it wont weld the lid of the tank shut. At best it might make them hungrier (lower their stores of latent life energy) but a completely drained zombie is still mobile, probably twice as hungry and agressive. And the second they get back to a surplus of ppe, healin starts back up.

As a non living thing I dont think the ppe they contain is integrated with their corpse, but simply used as fuel. The healing that they do from absorbing ppe seems to work in a different way than positive chi creates healing effects in living beings and absence of positive chi stops healing in living beings. Apples and oranges.

Draining them of positive chi would probably have no lasting effect and they'd start healing as soon as they gorged themselves again, while filling them with negative chi might stop their healing, but I feel like they could eliminate that condition by feeding as well, their corpses not beholden to filling itself with chi in order to maintain 'life' but burning life energy in order to maintain 'mobility'. Other than making a chi master appear as the tastiest item on the menu, I don't really feel like there should be much of any upside, and plenty of attention attracting downside.

Perhaps a chi master that filled himself with negative chi might be able to be invisible to them. That could be a thing. Or laughably it could be just as bad. I do think it would be cool though. And perhaps he could use chi attacks to reduce his party members to zero positive chi, making them invisible as well, though eliminating their ability to heal until they got their chi back.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Axelmania wrote:if crossing with Ninjas and Superspies / Mystic China rules...

Do you think they would have positive chi equal to PE for you to deplete to stop their healing, or should they be treated as negative chi equal to PE and you have to try and destroy that to stop their healing?

what are even ways to do positive chi attacks?

Zombies are undead, thus they would be negative chi. I believe the rule for supernatural creatuers (such as zombies) would be PEx2 in negative chi.
how to get rid of that Chi? Thats a tricky one. There are some spells such as Disperse Chi that could be used, or you could crack open a Bean of Life. Also a Chi Ball Kata can be charged up with positive chi and inserted into a Zombie.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

eliakon wrote: I believe the rule for supernatural creatuers (such as zombies) would be PEx2 in negative chi.

this from a Rifter?

Return to “Dead Reign™”