Single shot machine guns?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Single shot machine guns?

Unread post by Tor »

Noticed on page 108 under the Tracer round:

When used in machine-guns, these rounds are placed every 10 rounds along the belt, giving a bonus of +1 (single shot) or +2 (burst fire) to strike.

Page 110 only assigns burst damages for machine guns though, and says they are burst fire only.

I know in previous games you got a per-shot damage and then applied multipliers, and I there might have been a game where 'burst only' was not a rule and you could single-shot with machine guns.

Could this note for Tracer rounds be a leftover from that?

If not, when, if at all, would the +1 on single shots come into effect? It seems like only the +2 on burst fire is usable.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Single shot machine guns?

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Maybe just a period after belt? Because technically with one every 10 rounds there should be a bonus of nothing with single fire. As the tracer shouldn't give a bonus to itself. If used in a single shot rifle I guess it would let you know approx where your next shot may go and give plus one to the next shot. But they're realm only effective spaced out in a machine gun belt so that you get a constant update, I find it funny that they use tracers with phalanx and CRAM as it isn't like the computer needs them. Probably more for show.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Dead Reign™”