PF characters in Dead Reign: Atks per rd

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Eric42
Wanderer

PF characters in Dead Reign: Atks per rd

Unread post by Eric42 »

Okay, I have a ponderence. I think it would be cool to have characters from a PF game visit a Dead Reign game. But I've wondered how to rectify something. In PF, H2H:Basic gives 2 atks per melee rd. In Dead Reign, it gets 4. That wouldn't be fair to the PF players, would it? How would others work with this, if at all?
Mechghost
Explorer

Re: PF characters in Dead Reign: Atks per rd

Unread post by Mechghost »

add 2 attacks per melee to the PF characters, for all HTH skills, that should bring everything to same level.
"Did you find him?"
"Just the parts they didn't like..."
Eric42
Wanderer

Unread post by Eric42 »

Should I start the PF game with more h2h atks from the getgo?
Mechghost
Explorer

I haven't looked at the PF books so I don't know if they use the older style H2H tables where you have to add 2 attacks that everyone gets. (2 attacks + 2 attacks from H2H = 4 attacks) The newer tables have those added in already (in Rifts for example)
"Did you find him?"
Eric42
Wanderer

Unread post by Eric42 »

Mechghost wrote:I haven't looked at the PF books so I don't know if they use the older style H2H tables where you have to add 2 attacks that everyone gets. (2 attacks + 2 attacks from H2H = 4 attacks) The newer tables have those added in already (in Rifts for example)

I have the 2nd edition softcover and does say 2 atks at lv 1. So newer books have players start with 4 now?
Mechghost
Explorer

RUE is most current rule set I have, and the starting H2H is generally 4 (I believe Assassin is 3, and my book is not handy so not sure for Dragon).

Of course you could always just redo the H2H using DR tables for the time the party is there and switch back afterwards.
"Did you find him?"
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I'd just penalize the PF chars. I think modern chars think faster, what with all our video games and guns flying around. We're more evolved!
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Dead Reign™”