Regrowth

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Trent
Explorer

Regrowth

Unread post by Trent »

Is there a way to stop zombies in DR from regenerating body parts ? Like maybe cauterization of limb stumps and then cover with metal caps or tar ?
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: Regrowth

Unread post by Tor »

I don't think they can regrow limbs to begin with unless a Cultist sews them back on. They could easily remove tar or metal caps that get in the way. I don't know if cauterization would prevent it since they might plausibly just heal the cauterization. They heal faster than humans so they may be able to recover from damage like that even though humans can't normally do so.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Page 24 of Dead Reign indicates that lost limbs do not regenerate, and the healing process that zombies undergo when eating PPE only restores the effects of deterioration, and does not heal wounds, injuries, or other types of trauma (however it does restore missing eyes). So the only way for them to regain a missing limb is for a Cultist to reattach it for them.
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Tor wrote:I don't think they can regrow limbs to begin with unless a Cultist sews them back on. They could easily remove tar or metal caps that get in the way. I don't know if cauterization would prevent it since they might plausibly just heal the cauterization. They heal faster than humans so they may be able to recover from damage like that even though humans can't normally do so.

If they have no arms or legs how would they remove the tar or caps ?
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

filo_clarke wrote:Page 24 of Dead Reign indicates that lost limbs do not regenerate, and the healing process that zombies undergo when eating PPE only restores the effects of deterioration, and does not heal wounds, injuries, or other types of trauma (however it does restore missing eyes). So the only way for them to regain a missing limb is for a Cultist to reattach it for them.

Ok thank you . That means a limbless and toothless zombie could be used to provide a moan and still be no danger to others .
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I meant the cultist who sews it back on could remove them :)
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

filo_clarke wrote:Page 24 of Dead Reign indicates that lost limbs do not regenerate, and the healing process that zombies undergo when eating PPE only restores the effects of deterioration, and does not heal wounds, injuries, or other types of trauma (however it does restore missing eyes). So the only way for them to regain a missing limb is for a Cultist to reattach it for them.

It doesn't heal their wounds, hmmm, good to know.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Decomposition reversal not closing wounds/gashes/holes doesn't necessarily mean that other forms of regeneration (like their hourly healing rate or 'Extra PPE Heals') can't do that though.

If they couldn't close their wounds then wouldn't bloodloss rules make them constantly drop into unconsciousness?
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Zombies dont bleed.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Trent wrote:Is there a way to stop zombies in DR from regenerating body parts ? Like maybe cauterization of limb stumps and then cover with metal caps or tar ?

Shoot um in the head. Best way. *nods*

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

SittingBull wrote:Zombies dont bleed.

I probably read that somewhere in the book but forgot seeing it, anyone recall where?

If so, would like to create a variant 'bleeder' zombie. I would think a Mock Zombie would love this trait.

Perhaps they could carry fake blood packets in case Seth Rollins knees them in the nose so that people will think they're human, using the "does it bleed" as a mortality test for unknown cases.

Return to “Dead Reign™”