Date of the Wave?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thorr-kan
Adventurer

Date of the Wave?

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Does the Wave actually have a date in the main book? Or is it relagated to the sourcebooks.

Rifter 40 and 45 have 20 and 12 June 2012 respectively, but I can't find anything in the main book.
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Date of the Wave?

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

thorr-kan wrote:Does the Wave actually have a date in the main book? Or is it relagated to the sourcebooks.

Rifter 40 and 45 have 20 and 12 June 2012 respectively, but I can't find anything in the main book.

I haven't found the actual date in the main book, but I know that it tends to vary between just about all the sources. For example, most of the information in Dead Reign Sourcebook 5: Graveyard Earth is based on a 2008 scenario (Although a little bit of leeway is offered to change it to your heart's content should you desire to... :-)), while the article "Dead Reign: Tampa Bay" from The Rifter #69 claims a more traditional 2012 release of the Wave and everything that follows (Thumbs up to the author of that article - it was very helpful! :ok:). My belief about timelines in Dead Reign is that it is up to the GM to decide, though if I were given the option of choosing one, it would be for a Wave occurring sometime in 2012, because it's much easier for me to work with with the resources and support that I have available..

Personally, I was originally thinking of a Wave that would occur on December 21st, 2012 (Especially if the Death Cult of Brulyx was really involved with it... :twisted:), because of the symbolic date among other things. However, since most of the sources from both The Rifter and the actual game have been leaning towards a Wave occurring in the middle of the year, I have been attempting to come up with ways to make that a reality, since there is more support for it. Notably, some of the information in Graveyard Earth could become a reality in my eyes even with the introduction of zombies in 2012, particularly the stationing of troops in 2012 at a number of places where they wouldn't have been IRL, so I have been focusing on the military and what is available as a big part of my gearheading. But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 8)
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

While left a bit open, information in some of the source books detail signifigant military presence in the Middle East -Prior- to the US withdrawl. So, it's 'supposed' to be before then.

That said, unless you're in the middle east this is a very minor detail (Major one if you're playing in Iraq. Minor if you're anywhere else in the world) So you can put it where ever you want it. In general it's supposed to be a 'Modern day' Zombie setting.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

whassupman03 wrote:Hello...

thorr-kan wrote:Does the Wave actually have a date in the main book? Or is it relagated to the sourcebooks.

I haven't found the actual date in the main book, but I know that it tends to vary between just about all the sources. For example, most of the information in Dead Reign Sourcebook 5: Graveyard Earth is based on a 2008 scenario (Although a little bit of leeway is offered to change it to your heart's content should you desire to... :-)), while the article "Dead Reign: Tampa Bay" from The Rifter #69 claims a more traditional 2012 release of the Wave and everything that follows (Thumbs up to the author of that article - it was very helpful! :ok:). My belief about timelines in Dead Reign is that it is up to the GM to decide, though if I were given the option of choosing one, it would be for a Wave occurring sometime in 2012, because it's much easier for me to work with with the resources and support that I have available..

Personally, I was originally thinking of a Wave that would occur on December 21st, 2012 (Especially if the Death Cult of Brulyx was really involved with it... :twisted:), because of the symbolic date among other things. However, since most of the sources from both The Rifter and the actual game have been leaning towards a Wave occurring in the middle of the year, I have been attempting to come up with ways to make that a reality, since there is more support for it. Notably, some of the information in Graveyard Earth could become a reality in my eyes even with the introduction of zombies in 2012, particularly the stationing of troops in 2012 at a number of places where they wouldn't have been IRL, so I have been focusing on the military and what is available as a big part of my gearheading. But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 8)

Could always do the way happening on the day with the date that associated with the numbers from Lost. /shrug
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane

Return to “Dead Reign™”