Zombie powered..

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

G
Adventurer

Zombie powered..

Unread post by G »

VEHICLES
The zombies are in a ~6' tall cylinder behind you. In order to try and eat you they walk towards you, spinning the cylinder, which has either huge wheels on the end, or the cylinder is a giant paddle for a boat. In order to start, stop, reverse and change speeds, you have gears. You can use bigger zombies or smaller zombies and different number of zombies. Should the zombies somehow escape, there is a 3 tier low tech built-in system to kill them. The cage also has bait in it to attract other zombies should yours run out. When you kill animals for food, they get the PPE, which keeps them alive. The Zombies have had there lower jaw removed and/or are otherwise muffled (no moaning). Where possible we will also be putting blinders on our zombies so that they have to reply solely on there ppe senses to detect people...as this will make them just a bit more docile.

Examples:
-Paddle Steamer: the giant paddle on the back has been filled with zombies (the number depends on the size of your riverboat). You can use wood as a backup, if the zombies don't want to eat the babies in the nursery in front of them that has a see through window.
-Desert Monster truck: Toss the engine/body. Imagine a big cylinder with tire treads on the outside which is a cage that holds 4 fast zombies (continuous speed 20) in the back and another in front. We are on a raised cage above that holds ~4 people. A Speed 10 version would use juggernauts instead of fast zombies, which gives you the ability to go over rougher terrain (they could have a PS upto 60, so both there arms and legs need to be wielded into a special and really strong frame).
-Monster truck: as above, but there are 10' tall tires on the ends of the cylinder, so you don't have to worry as much about traffic...but its a bumpy ride as you drive over the cars.
-For smaller vehicles like bicycles or paddle style jetskees, we use 2 crawlers (PS ~25, gearing means you use there strength instead of speed - think of a 20 speed bike).
-Dune buggy: as monster truck using 4 crawlers...which can technically have a PS of upto 60. Each tire can be set to produce electricity when not driving. There is a spare tire and the roof is made of solar panels...providing quite a bit of electricity.

Zombie Electricity Generating Station:
Takeover a gym, wield/chain the zombies into machines (pattern zombies might even be happy), set them up to produce electricity. Kill an animal for food every little while around them to keep them going.

Portable Zombie Electrical Generator:
The tires from the Dunebuggy are also setup to produce electricity when you are not moving. The spare tire is quite useful!

Zombie mill:
the zombies can be used to mill wheat, make cheese, etc.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Re: Zombie powered..

Unread post by Riftmaker »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2535470/news

Zombie powered engines nuff said
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Yep.

Strike up another one for good old Aussie ingenuity.

8]
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Should work for the basic crawler/sloucher.

Would keep Fast-Attack in a different sphere, if you want to risk using them. The problem if you shoved a slow zombie in with a fast zombie is that the slow zombie would anchor the weight backward while the speedster zoomed to the front, possibly allowing him to jump-kick the side and shatter your sphere.

I would worry a Thinker might figure out to stop walking and instead stomp/punch the bottom of the sphere to try and break it. A Mock definitely would. Not sure about Flesh-Eater.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

G wrote:VEHICLES
The zombies are in a ~6' tall cylinder behind you. In order to try and eat you they walk towards you, spinning the cylinder, which has either huge wheels on the end, or the cylinder is a giant paddle for a boat. In order to start, stop, reverse and change speeds, you have gears. You can use bigger zombies or smaller zombies and different number of zombies. Should the zombies somehow escape, there is a 3 tier low tech built-in system to kill them. The cage also has bait in it to attract other zombies should yours run out. When you kill animals for food, they get the PPE, which keeps them alive. The Zombies have had there lower jaw removed and/or are otherwise muffled (no moaning). Where possible we will also be putting blinders on our zombies so that they have to reply solely on there ppe senses to detect people...as this will make them just a bit more docile.

Examples:
-Paddle Steamer: the giant paddle on the back has been filled with zombies (the number depends on the size of your riverboat). You can use wood as a backup, if the zombies don't want to eat the babies in the nursery in front of them that has a see through window.
-Desert Monster truck: Toss the engine/body. Imagine a big cylinder with tire treads on the outside which is a cage that holds 4 fast zombies (continuous speed 20) in the back and another in front. We are on a raised cage above that holds ~4 people. A Speed 10 version would use juggernauts instead of fast zombies, which gives you the ability to go over rougher terrain (they could have a PS upto 60, so both there arms and legs need to be wielded into a special and really strong frame).
-Monster truck: as above, but there are 10' tall tires on the ends of the cylinder, so you don't have to worry as much about traffic...but its a bumpy ride as you drive over the cars.
-For smaller vehicles like bicycles or paddle style jetskees, we use 2 crawlers (PS ~25, gearing means you use there strength instead of speed - think of a 20 speed bike).
-Dune buggy: as monster truck using 4 crawlers...which can technically have a PS of upto 60. Each tire can be set to produce electricity when not driving. There is a spare tire and the roof is made of solar panels...providing quite a bit of electricity.

Zombie Electricity Generating Station:
Takeover a gym, wield/chain the zombies into machines (pattern zombies might even be happy), set them up to produce electricity. Kill an animal for food every little while around them to keep them going.

Portable Zombie Electrical Generator:
The tires from the Dunebuggy are also setup to produce electricity when you are not moving. The spare tire is quite useful!

Zombie mill:
the zombies can be used to mill wheat, make cheese, etc.

Or if you don't want to use zombies as draft cannibals :wink:, you can just grind them up and turn them into biodiesel to burn in various engines.[sup]1[/sup] That way you don't have to worry about one getting loose and killing other people. But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 8)

[1]: Source - https://zombiesafehouse.wordpress.com/2010-zshc-winner/
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Having just watched an episode of the Outer Limits where wars regress civilization to lower-tech (Lithia) and people are driving a mill by hand (as the river had dried up and could no longer power the watermill) it made me wonder...

If you wanted to grind up wheat, you could just tie a zombie to 1 part and then tie a human 120 degrees away in the direction you want it to rotate. Then the zombie would just chase you in a circle and never catch you (make sure the spokes are long enough, better leverage for the zombie anyway) and you wouldn't have to push, just walk to keep your distance. It's set up though that even if you fall that the zombie will push you away from it by pushing the mill to get to you, since the mill will drag you along too.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Tor wrote:Having just watched an episode of the Outer Limits where wars regress civilization to lower-tech (Lithia) and people are driving a mill by hand (as the river had dried up and could no longer power the watermill) it made me wonder...

If you wanted to grind up wheat, you could just tie a zombie to 1 part and then tie a human 120 degrees away in the direction you want it to rotate. Then the zombie would just chase you in a circle and never catch you (make sure the spokes are long enough, better leverage for the zombie anyway) and you wouldn't have to push, just walk to keep your distance. It's set up though that even if you fall that the zombie will push you away from it by pushing the mill to get to you, since the mill will drag you along too.

That sounds like one of those traps that Brad Ashley of the Road Reapers discussed in the earlier sourcebooks. :eek: But anyway, it is clever. Just don't let the zombie go sideways. :? Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 8)

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

I see using zombie power as very skewed tangent of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Its going to be bad news EVENTUALLY, no matter how careful you are. The only way this would not end in disaster is if you removed all the zombies teeth and their arms. Now, providing they don't go docile and I presume they wouldn't, like in the Walkind Dead; then you could use zombie power and survive the inevitable escape of your undead slave labor.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

SittingBull wrote:I see using zombie power as very skewed tangent of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Its going to be bad news EVENTUALLY, no matter how careful you are. The only way this would not end in disaster is if you removed all the zombies teeth and their arms. Now, providing they don't go docile and I presume they wouldn't, like in the Walkind Dead; then you could use zombie power and survive the inevitable escape of your undead slave labor.

That's like what the North Koreans did in World War Z; they removed all of their teeth to ensure that their bite was relatively worthless should they be turned. I really like the idea of removing the arms; that makes the zombie more like a horse than a man, so it helps to ensure that they can't grasp you. But anyway, good ideas all around. Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good afternoon.

whassupman03

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
SittingBull
Hero

I would love to see a follow up book to World War Z. So much more they could cover especially in flashbacks and current situations. I was so caught off guard when I read the Russians, instead of cleaning out the cities, just walled them up. LOL!
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

SittingBull wrote:I would love to see a follow up book to World War Z. So much more they could cover especially in flashbacks and current situations. I was so caught off guard when I read the Russians, instead of cleaning out the cities, just walled them up. LOL!

Max Brooks once wrote an addition to World War Z called Closure, Limited, which was predominately made of stories that were not included in the original novel. There were four stories, three of which were meant to add on to World War Z with a fourth known as "Extinction Parade", which was interesting because it added vampires to the mix, to show how vampires would react to a zombie apocalypse. Closure, Limited is hard to find, but at least some of the stories meant for World War Z have been included in other zombie story compilations that you can get at places like Barnes & Noble (I don't know which books they're in, sorry... :roll:). Additionally, a series of comic books have been made after the vampire story and named (You guessed it!) Extinction Parade. But I will add a word of warning: Extinction Parade, in comic book form, is really graphic both in violence and, uh, 'lovey-dovey' ways :wink: :wink:, so I wouldn't let any five year old kids get their hands on them. So anyway I just wanted to let you know SittingBull. Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 :mrgreen:

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
SittingBull
Hero

Thank you.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who