THE tree to have in Dead Reign

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Trent
Explorer

THE tree to have in Dead Reign

Unread post by Trent »

Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: THE tree to have in Dead Reign

Unread post by Tirisilex »

That tree is definitely numeral uno. Perfect tree to be growing 40 diff fruit on it.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Damn, that's awesome. I have a pear tree that is way overgrown, so that while it bears pears, they're uneatable (though the fruitbats love them). I had been thinking about chopping it down to a small stump, and trying to graft a blood plum on top of the stump. Maybe I should add a few more while I'm at it. lol
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

CyCo wrote:Damn, that's awesome. I have a pear tree that is way overgrown, so that while it bears pears, they're uneatable (though the fruitbats love them). I had been thinking about chopping it down to a small stump, and trying to graft a blood plum on top of the stump. Maybe I should add a few more while I'm at it. lol

Why not just trim it back ? Or is it a very old tree ? On the family farm we had a good amount of fruit trees . Apples , pear , plum , cherry , several more . My grandfather loved to plant things . He spliced 4 plums , 2 types each for 4 trees . It took well . I think if a survival group can secure a good bit of land and survive the first year and are resourceful food may not be as big a problem . Keeping it safe from other humans and getting people to work togather will be the biggest challenge . Not saying any of it will be easy .
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

Trent wrote:http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/single-tree-grows-40-kinds-fruit

The OmniTree, the solution for never-ending hunger, brought to you by the Benford Group. :twisted: Okay, just joking. But seriously, I think that tree might be a useful plot device for survivors, rather than only an item for survivors to obtain. It could be an item developed by the Benford Group, which could be one of the Death Cult of Brulyx's nefarious plots for world domination. Growing food that secretly produces some sort of biochemical could be a method to obtain followers by narcotic hypnosis or a way to poison hungry people (Used judiciously of course - even the Death Cults need living survivors to recruit...) can be examples of these plots. Anyway, that's what I tend to think. So please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 8)
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

In Zombie Lane, the dead can't climb trees and wreck your crops like when you grow them in the ground.

I might prefer Panath's Assassin Tree though.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Dead Reign™”