An Alice?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

An Alice?

Unread post by Tirisilex »

Resident Evil has Alice.. A woman who successfully bonds with the Zombie "virus" giving her enhanced strength and agility as well as Psychic abilities. Would use such a character in your campaign? I think I will.. Maybe a Half Living with psychic abilities?
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: An Alice?

Unread post by say652 »

No conversions! No if you said "E"lice from the zombie fighting the the 6th evil. You woulda made it. Lol
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Whether or not Half Living could roll for random psionics if you used that for humans in your game is an interesting question though.

I don't really think there's anything preventing one from becoming a Burster... come to think of it.

Plus zombies would really have no way to know you were the one causing them to erupt into flame, as you peacefully stood among them.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Rifts Burster are MDC and could level a city block of zombies. Is there an SDC version?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Tirisilex wrote:Rifts Burster are MDC and could level a city block of zombies. Is there an SDC version?

Since there is not MDC in DR....by definition a DR Burster is SD. :D
The general, rule of thumb quickie conversion tends to be "replace all M's with S's, and have the GM assign all armor powers an AR, unless its a force field, then it doesn't need it." The longer version can be found in the Rifts Conversion Books.

<Edit> As a side note. Since the 'Half Living' is added to something later, there is no reason, other than availability, why you couldn't have a Half Living/_____. So yes, if Bursters are allowed in the game, then you can have a Half-Living Burster, if psychics are allowed, then some of your Half-Living will likely be psi's
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Still though convert 3 MDC made into 300 SDC is monumental. You could plow thru a thick mob of zombies with ease.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

He ment a 1 to 1 conversion. Mdc=sdc etc.
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

say652 wrote:He ment a 1 to 1 conversion. Mdc=sdc etc.

Oh.. in that case.. that's a bit more reasonable.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Tirisilex wrote:Rifts Burster are MDC and could level a city block of zombies. Is there an SDC version?

Yes, aside from Pyrokinesis (usually a Super Psionic in most books, but a mere Physical in Nightbane) you can be a "Kinetic PCC" in Between the Shadows with enhanced pyro.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Tirisilex wrote:Resident Evil has Alice.. A woman who successfully bonds with the Zombie "virus" giving her enhanced strength and agility as well as Psychic abilities. Would use such a character in your campaign? I think I will.. Maybe a Half Living with psychic abilities?
I would use source material from BTS 2nd Ed . Its well balanced with Dead Reign as they were orginaly related games . Make the characters Naturals or physical psychics with LIMITED psychic sensitive powers . Just a hand full of related sensitive abilities . Even this could be pushing it unless you adjust the game world to it .
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,

Return to “Dead Reign™”