Player Character SDC

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Player Character SDC

Unread post by Tirisilex »

Zombies have a SDC score for all body parts but why not a PC? Where is the Arm, Hands, Legs, neck and head SDC scores for a PC?
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: Player Character SDC

Unread post by Tor »

For some inexplicable reason, called shot rules only apply to zombies and not mortals. *shrug*

I mean yeah, in theory with ranged combat you can do called shots to the head and stuff but I haven't seen consistent rules on how much damage you take (or can take) and what the penalties should be.

Luckily in DR, skill apparently doesn't come into play when you're trying to punch or shoot a guy in the place, only luck, so we're... sorta safe?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Say a Zombie has your arm and it rips it off.. Where is the SDC for that? I find the SDC rules a bit lacking.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

We don't actually have any rules for ripping off limbs, not even zombie limbs, even those can only be whacked/shot off.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

I'm gonna figure percentage wise the SDC of a Human and compare it with the Zombie SDC and come up with a full SDC for every part.. I dont know why they didnt do this already.. I mean come on the main torso isn't the only place to be hit.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

I'd prefer a strict percentage-base...

Zombies can actually ending up having more SDC in their hand or jaw than in their leg, for example. This can sooorta make sense for randomly rolling up zombies because different parts of the body might degrade or drop off at different rates depending on what zombies are up to and stuff. Although since zombies can heal... not so much...

Humans also have damage rules where once they go into lower amounts they can get penalty from limb-specific injuries.
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Ok.. I figured out the percentages.
Hands are 20% of total sdc
Arms are 29% of total sdc
Feet 20% of total sdc
Legs 37% of total sdc
Lower jaw 18% total sdc
Neck 33% total sdc
Head 26% of total sdc

If you think I should change it let me know and why..
Saustin65
D-Bee
Comment: "If you're not having fun, then what's the use of living for."

Unread post by Saustin65 »

Tirisilex wrote:Ok.. I figured out the percentages.
Hands are 20% of total sdc
Arms are 29% of total sdc
Feet 20% of total sdc
Legs 37% of total sdc
Lower jaw 18% total sdc
Neck 33% total sdc
Head 26% of total sdc

If you think I should change it let me know and why..

What about the torso.
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Torso is your total SDC

Return to “Dead Reign™”